• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Apparently when I was messing around in twitch settings yesterday I switched off my vods somehow. Rip

idontbelieveyou.gif

Ohh. Do you prefer 6 stack comps?

I think we're good enough and flexible enough for 6-stack now. Most of us have a larger hero pool for counters so it should be better than previous seasons. Too bad I can't get to try it out because people are waiting for the next patch.

NeoRaider

How in the world is Symmetra autistic?

She has Asperger's Syndrome. She is incredibly intelligent and smart but she has trouble with being social, being around the big crowds... etc. And also feels more comfortable being in well known space, like her room, her office... etc.

bs000

started the season 3200 from masters last season. went on huge losing streak after 3300 season high. firmly stuck in low plat sr now. ive just accepted that im bad now.

Grief.exe

Blizzard keeps making the same mistake where they pull the trigger on a bunch of nerfs or buffs at once. Previously, this has resulted in over tuned heroes that throws the meta into disarray.

Seems they are taking a breath with Ana for now.

hypernima

Banned
idontbelieveyou.gif

I think we're good enough and flexible enough for 6-stack now. Most of us have a larger hero pool for counters so it should be better than previous seasons. Too bad I can't get to try it out because people are waiting for the next patch.

Ah I see. Six stacks really intimidate me cause I don't mind losing pts on comp but I know ppl get tilted and its worse when I know them lol.

I just hit plat on my smurf also lol.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I still can't believe how quickly they reverted the Ana nerf

like who at Blizzard threw a fit because that's the only way I could imagine them ever getting enough 'feedback' that quickly

Nimby

Banned
I'm not seeing why the nerf to heals on the nade makes Ana the support with the worst self-sustain. Zen and Symmetra can regen their health, but only after not taking damage for 3 seconds. They also have no mobility or CC like Ana. Zen can win a duel against a flanker, less likely than Ana, and Symm will just die if there is more than one. Nade nerf seemed perfectly fair, but whatever.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
5-stack with friends + 1 random Genji who endlessly runs to his death over and over with no teamwork whatsoever + pretty well coordinated enemy team = not a fun time in comp.

How do you deal with a Zarya who's good with using her bubbles and pretty good with positioning? She only moved in when it was safe to do so and knew when to back off. I could hurt her, tried not to give her charge, but almost never managed to actually kill her.

aeolist

Banned
I'm not seeing why the nerf to heals on the nade makes Ana the support with the worst self-sustain. Zen and Symmetra can regen their health, but only after not taking damage for 3 seconds. They also have no mobility or CC like Ana. Zen can win a duel against a flanker, less likely than Ana, and Symm will just die if there is more than one. Nade nerf seemed perfectly fair, but whatever.

she already was the worst at self-sustain because you don't want to use the nade to heal yourself unless you absolutely have to, plus it's on a much longer cooldown than the regen that mercy/zen/sym have.

whenever i play another healer ana is my top priority because she can heal the rest of the team on her own and being able to save the nade for offense is hugely important.

started the season 3200 from masters last season. went on huge losing streak after 3300 season high. firmly stuck in low plat sr now. ive just accepted that im bad now.

I also placed around 3300 this time. Haven't gone on a losing streak, but the matchmaking for placements this time was absolutely stupid lol. I had games with legit golds and silvers where they threw me on one team, and another master on the other team. That isn't balanced at all.

Then once placements were over my games suddenly increased in quality vastly, and I started mostly winning easily for a few games.

I think I was in the wrong mindset for the placements from the start and it just made me play worse and worse. Recognizing that too is an important part of actually succeeding, I think.

antitrop

I also placed around 3300 this time. Haven't gone on a losing streak, but the matchmaking for placements this time was absolutely stupid lol. I had games with legit golds and silvers where they threw me on one team, and another master on the other team. That isn't balanced at all.

Then once placements were over my games suddenly increased in quality vastly and I started mostly winning easily for a few games.
Pretty much same happened for me. I went 5-4-1 in placements and then went on a big winning streak and climbed 400SR (3000->3400) as soon as they were over.

One of my placement games was a 3-stack with two last season Golds and a GM, me being Diamond, and our other two randoms being previous Gold. I didn't check what the enemy team was, but the game was a meeeeeeessssss.

Gorillaz

these people that run attack symmetra's as the other healer have been so obnixous lately it's like they think it works once so they will run it again and again

edit: I just had a match end on lijang tower after we were up 21 percent?.....that's worth shuting down the match early? what?

aeolist

Banned
Pretty much same happened for me. I went 5-4-1 in placements and then went on a big winning streak and climbed 400SR (3000->3400) as soon as they were over.

One of my placement games was a 3-stack with two last season Golds and a GM, me being Diamond, and our other two randoms being previous Gold. I didn't check what the enemy team was, but the game was a meeeeeeessssss.

i played my last two placements with gm-gold duo queues on my team

they really should force you to solo for placements

antitrop

these people that run attack symmetra's as the other healer have been so obnixous lately it's like they think it works once so they will run it again and again

I've had such good results with Mercy pocketing a Symmetra that I don't even mind people playing her on Attack anymore. I used to be the biggest Symmetra hater in this thread, before her rework. Long-range beam sniper now.

Jellie

5-stack with friends + 1 random Genji who endlessly runs to his death over and over with no teamwork whatsoever + pretty well coordinated enemy team = not a fun time in comp.

How do you deal with a Zarya who's good with using her bubbles and pretty good with positioning? She only moved in when it was safe to do so and knew when to back off. I could hurt her, tried not to give her charge, but almost never managed to actually kill her.

Tracer, Sombra and Pharah are good against Zarya. Choose depending on the comp you and your enenmy have.

With Tracer farm up your ult quickly then get her to bubble, wait a second and pop it on her bubble. Bubble makes it easy to sticky and if you wait a second the bomb will outlast the bubble. Practice it to get good timing. Or you can start shooting her to get the bubble, back off then re-engage two seconds later. Be careful of her alt fire though.

With Sombra, get high ground be sneaky and hack her. She either uses her bubble to stop it or gets hacked. Either way she gets no charge from it and you can hack her after the bubble comes off cool down. Zarya with no bubbles or charge is useless and will take a long time to get ult from. Her EMP also takes off half of Zarya's health making her an easy target.

Pharah can shoot Zarya from outside her effective range without any drop off in damage. Just be careful about feeding her charge. If you shoot near her you can bait the bubble out. Don't run it if they have a lot of hit scan though.

Skii

Then once placements were over my games suddenly increased in quality vastly, and I started mostly winning easily for a few games.

I think I was in the wrong mindset for the placements from the start and it just made me play worse and worse. Recognizing that too is an important part of actually succeeding, I think.

This happened to me during my placements as well. I was in teams with gold and silver players whilst my opponents were mainly diamonds with a couple of plats. I genuinely don't understand what Blizzard are doing. I was wondering why my teams were doing so bad. I barely made diamond last season and now they want me to carry silvers/golds vs teams of diamonds in my placements lmao.

Grief.exe

I've had such good results with Mercy pocketing a Symmetra that I don't even mind people playing her on Attack anymore. I used to be the biggest Symmetra hater in this thread, before her rework. Long-range beam sniper now.

I still think Symmetra is more of a detriment to the team than an asset in most cases.

Sometimes it can work out, but often times she will get picked off easily on a push and your team is at a disadvantage quickly. She also has relatively weak team fight macro.

PC. I can see how she could be a nightmare on console since snap turning and aiming is no where close.

antitrop

I still think Symmetra is more of a detriment to the team than an asset in most cases.

Sometimes it can work out, but often times she will get picked off easily on a push and your team is at a disadvantage quickly. She also has relatively weak team fight macro.

PC. I can see how she could be a nightmare on console since snap turning and aiming is no where close.

I find that if you heal her while the beam is charging up and then damage boost it at max charge, Symmetra kind of murders everyone.

I mean, I would never go into a game with the intention of picking Mercy/Sym as the two supports, but when it happens, I make it work. I've won every Mercy/Sym game I've played this season, which I think has only been 3 or 4, but they're not just auto-losses.

One of the games I solo-rez'd a Sym into a POTM, which she was pretty happy about, and kept asking to stay as a team afterwards, lol.

LiK

Console 180 spins have been much easier with the dual zone controls and higher sens. I have mine at 70/70 and I can do a quick 180 now when I need to. I actually killed Tracers and Symms this way as Soldier before when I was being attacked from behind. Might push it up for other certain heroes in the future but 70/70 works fine for me atm. Def not as quick as PC tho.

finalflame

Anyone here gonna try the Quake Champions closed beta if they get in? I am still staunchly addicted to OW for the foreseeable future, but it would be nice to try another (presumably) competently made hero/class-based shooter, considering Paladins is the epitome of f2p trash.

Veelk

Banned

I wouldn't say she's insurmountable, but only if you have a team that works together. Or, shit, not even that, but you need someone whose specifically dedicated to Symmetra duty. I can't tell you how many games I had where people did absolutely nothing about the generator and they kept dying in wave-like fashion.

On the other hand, eventually, I'm the one that often just goes "fuck it" and goes Generator hunting, and that collapses the entire team by itself. Like, last night, we had a team on Anubis B that kicked our ass so soundly that we were stuck outside of the temple for 99% of the match. They just wouldn't even let us get close. Eventually, I just charged in, managed to destroy the generator, and we won the game on the last few seconds after not getting anywhere near the objective the entire game.

So, yeah, Sym can be a problem, especially on console, but I find her managable if you have a team that coordinates in the slightest bit.

Fugu

I've always been a bit skeptical of the value of Oversumo's metrics and my skepticism is only increasing as my rank goes up. The reason for this is that as the quality of my opponents (and allies) improve, the less ridiculous my own stats become; by Oversumo's logic, I'm becoming a worse player despite the fact that I'm actually performing and playing at a higher level. I started the season as a GM Pharah in Gold, and now I'm a Diamond Pharah in Diamond. This also applies to Overbuff and whatnot, but their numbers seem to be somewhat more constant because they're not expressed as a ratio to deaths.

Sullichin

Anyone here gonna try the Quake Champions closed beta if they get in? I am still staunchly addicted to OW for the foreseeable future, but it would be nice to try another (presumably) competently made hero/class-based shooter, considering Paladins is the epitome of f2p trash.

It's closed? I just signed up on https://quake.bethesda.net/ and it's like "Thanks, you're signed up for the beta now". Although I didn't get an email.

Gorillaz

Shes high risk high reward but alot of people either don't have the game knowledge to play her or just have a rough time getting warmed up. It's too wishy washy.

Akuun

Tracer, Sombra and Pharah are good against Zarya. Choose depending on the comp you and your enenmy have.

With Tracer farm up your ult quickly then get her to bubble, wait a second and pop it on her bubble. Bubble makes it easy to sticky and if you wait a second the bomb will outlast the bubble. Practice it to get good timing. Or you can start shooting her to get the bubble, back off then re-engage two seconds later. Be careful of her alt fire though.

With Sombra, get high ground be sneaky and hack her. She either uses her bubble to stop it or gets hacked. Either way she gets no charge from it and you can hack her after the bubble comes off cool down. Zarya with no bubbles or charge is useless and will take a long time to get ult from. Her EMP also takes off half of Zarya's health making her an easy target.

Pharah can shoot Zarya from outside her effective range without any drop off in damage. Just be careful about feeding her charge. If you shoot near her you can bait the bubble out. Don't run it if they have a lot of hit scan though.
Thanks. I don't know any of those heroes well, but I could try to get better with Pharah I guess.

I was Soldier and we were running 2/2/2 with that aforementioned endlessly suiciding/trickling Genji on our side against an enemy team that had a Symmetra/Zarya/Rein who were all working together pretty well. They covered each other really well and it was really hard to get any picks on them.

It sucked. I find that a good Zarya is one of the things I fear the most as Soldier.

antitrop

Shes high risk high reward but alot of people either don't have the game knowledge to play her or just have a rough time getting warmed up. It's too wishy washy.
Ya, it's nothing you would try to suggest to the team at the start of the match, but Mercy has an extremely high pick rate and there are Sym mains that play her on both Attack and Defense, so sometimes you just kind of have to make it work.

komaruR

Those that play mercy, do you think they should revert back a little of the quick non getting hurt hp regen? it was initially buffed so that she can be more survivable but now that you can be in invincible frames during res, should that buff be loosen a bit? Forgot whats the current time for the hp to start regen when not getting hit now.
Just my observation that its a pain to chase a mercy zipping around with gaurdian angel and start regening hp so quick after you take a few shots on her. then with enough hp regen'ed to res.

antitrop

Those that play mercy, do you think they should revert back a little of the quick non getting hurt hp regen? it was initially buffed so that she can be more survivable but now that you can be in invincible frames during res, should that buff be loosen a bit? Forgot whats the current time for the hp to start regen when not getting hit now.
Just my observation that its a pain to chase a mercy zipping around with gaurdian angel and start regening hp so quick after you take a few shots on her. then with enough hp regen'ed to res.
It used to be 3 seconds of not taking damage, it's been 1 second for a little while now.

I think in the case of Mercy getting the long-suggested E ability, they could take a look at tuning down her survivability just a little, but right now, I think she needs both of her recent buffs. If they give her an E, they could possibly reduce the rate at which her HP regens once it starts, but I think leaving it at 1 second to start might be important.

All she does right now is sustain her teammates. She only has one job, so she needs to be able to do it effectively, and the buffs have been good.

Jellie

Thanks. I don't know any of those heroes well, but I could try to get better with Pharah I guess.

I was Soldier and we were running 2/2/2 with that aforementioned endlessly suiciding/trickling Genji on our side against an enemy team that had a Symmetra/Zarya/Rein who were all working together pretty well. They covered each other really well and it was really hard to get any picks on them.

It sucked. I find that a good Zarya is one of the things I fear the most as Soldier.

No problem, just keep the infomation to yourself. The less people know how to deal with Zarya the better for me :p

Fugu

I play Quake every day and I did not know that there was a beta sign-up. Thanks for this.

LiK

Melting Zarya as Soldier is easy. Shoot her a lil, get her to bubble. Wait until bubble wears off. Keep shooting. Win.

AbaFadi

Banned
Melting Zarya as Soldier is easy. Shoot her a lil, get her to bubble. Wait until bubble wears off. Keep shooting. Win.

You're assuming she has no charge though. A Zarya with charge will probably melt that Soldier in a close ranged fight.

caesar

Banned

I'll try it if it has railgun, shaft and q3 rockets.

Akuun

Yeah, you're assuming she has no support and no charge. Of course I'm supposed to stay away from her when she has charge, but when she's always charged because of the endlessly feeding Genji on my team, plus she's covered by Rein + Symm + Mercy, then it's obviously not so super easy.

Paltheos

I wonder if they realize SR exist for a reason, or they just think because you got more "skillful" teammates you are somehow gonna play better?

Pathetic either way.

Depends. Maybe they want cosmetics that are no longer available. Maybe they want golden weapons but don't have the time to grind out the matches. I wouldn't blame anyone for that. Odd maybe that you have nothing else better to spend money on but it's your life, man.

LiK

Fuck Genjis. They're annoying. Last night was nothing but stupid strong Genji mains in QP messing up our teams.

antitrop

wait, so Ana's nerfs were reverted? Already? LMAO Get ready for 3-healer meta if the Zen changes come through. xD

Ana's damage is still getting nerfed, Zen's barrier discord isn't going through, but he's having the spread on his primary fire removed instead.

LiK

Zen being a sniper is way better than barrier Discord. I want this change to go live. I wanna shoot Widows and Pharahs in the face.

xaosslug

Zen got walked back a bit as well.

Ana's damage is still getting nerfed, Zen's barrier discord isn't going through, but he's having the spread on his primary fire removed instead.

figured as much. Couldn't risk Rein falling out of favour, I guess! ;)

the MAIN issue w/ Ana, imo, is her grenade (anti-heal in particular, which I know was never even affected). But with the grenade nerf being reverted... it's like nothing's been done, yet again. xD

Ana STAYS winning & dominating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom