• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some dude insulted my Mercy, and when i asked him to do better he said "No, thanks."

I swear some people...

It's just deflection when you do something like this. If I get surgery, and my surgeon fucks up my face, it would be insane for him to say "I'd like to see you do better" - I'm not a surgeon, and I don't claim to be, but I can still be mad that the person is an awful surgeon.

Duress

It's just deflection when you do something like this. If I get surgery, and my surgeon fucks up my face, it would be insane for him to say "I'd like to see you do better" - I'm not a surgeon, and I don't claim to be, but I can still be mad that the person is an awful surgeon.

But it's Mercy, mang! I usually get a gold with her.

This has easily been the worst comp season experience for me.
This is only my second season, but I am having an awful time. :(

But it's Mercy, mang! I usually get a gold with her.
Different people have different kinds of talents. I tend to do poorly with Mercy, but I can play all of the tanks well. I just have that kind of mindset. Some people know when to dive. Some know how to recognize support well. Some are great at everything.

I don't know if it was Bastion that broke so many players mentally, but any sense of cohesion has gone out the door for most people.

I keep having this weird experience where I will kill 3 opponents solo with two Hog R-clicks that are right on the money followed by a hook, and I think "fuck yeah we're going to win", and then I realize my entire team is dead somehow. And it's not like they are losing to dives, they just wade directly into fire and get gunned down one after another. That's why I asked the flanking question earlier. I can see why it would be beneficial to stay with my team if they're competent, but if I don't flank I just sit and take pot shots while watching teammates stream in and die.

*Full capture on Hollywood in OT*

"Okay guys, nice! We can do this."

*Our D.va goes Symmetra for Defense, is first to die and we lose the first point and then the next two with four minutes to spare because she won't switch off*

"Hey, can we get a second healer? We need to force a tie here."

*picks Symmetra again, dies first AGAIN. We lose in 30 seconds."

Symmetra in chat: "You guys are fucking garbage."

*leaves before the match officially finishes and loses double SR*

It's like... you did awesome on D.va so why are you throwing? What in the bloody hell is wrong with people in this game? It didn't work out the first time, that sucks but it is what it is... but why are you still playing her after all of that when you were GREAT on Tank?

Sande

Wonder if doomfist will be a pve thing

Dunno how they could keep someone like terry crews as a hero since they ass voice lines every other patch

Although I guess he could just not be terry crews
Do they get every voice actor in a booth every time they add new voice lines or do they plan things ahead for several content drops? It's not a short order to know what voice lines you'll need in 6-12+ months but it would make recording a lot easier and cheaper no matter who's doing the voice acting.

Stuff like the generic Christmas voice lines are something they could have had ready since before launch. Interactions with new heroes and such are more difficult.

Gorillaz

Had a like a 8-10 game win streak. Feels good yall and since I know how this game is im calling it now lol.

Some dude insulted my Mercy, and when i asked him to do better he said "No, thanks."

I swear some people...

09093c66e93af98d64337ed16a61a0eb.gif

randome

Any idea why overbuff would show an inconsistency in wins/losses? I've won a certain amount of matches in comp but it has a very slightly different amount.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
can't even tell if you're serious
lVrVzub.gif

I keep having this weird experience where I will kill 3 opponents solo with two Hog R-clicks that are right on the money followed by a hook, and I think "fuck yeah we're going to win", and then I realize my entire team is dead somehow. And it's not like they are losing to dives, they just wade directly into fire and get gunned down one after another. That's why I asked the flanking question earlier. I can see why it would be beneficial to stay with my team if they're competent, but if I don't flank I just sit and take pot shots while watching teammates stream in and die.
Trickling is the new meta.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Got matched with a thrower who picked Torbjorn and was AFK the entire match only moving to avoid being kicked and would even throw armor packs under the truck at the last point of Route 66. I hope he trips on a lego down a flight of stairs.

for those that play soldier on pc. do you sometimes run into an issue where when he ults sometimes he doesn't fire when you hold LMB down?

That happens all the time for me on PS4. I'll still do damage, but the gun won't actually fire. It's why I don't really play Soldier that much.

_Legacy_

Anyone watching Calvin's stream? Someone cracked a joke:

"How many bronze players does it take to change a lightbulb? None because they can't climb the ladder"

Never heard that one before, ha

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
See, no grenade? Just sleep Dart.

Granted that's way harder to do than just throwing a grenade for most of the userbase including me, but ana should be a high skill character.

Vitanimus

Well... that was a placement match. Lost because a Zarya was super conservative with her ult on attack and couldn't get a single tick on point A on Hollywood, and on defence we had a stationary Hanzo and a Symmetra that put up a shield generator instead of a teleporter on point A. Oh well.

adamy

Banned
having just switched from PS4 to PC, I have a question...

why the hell does it take so long to find a game? each match has taken 5-10 minutes. I thought PS4 takes a while but this is even worse.

Granted, it is past 3:00am here, but I live in Los Angeles...given the popularity of the game and the sheer population of where I live, I can't wrap my head around why matchmaking takes so long.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It's because you're just starting out. At my level I have no trouble finding matches but on my low level account finding matches can be painful.

It's because you're just starting out. At my level I have no trouble finding matches but on my low level account finding matches can be painful.

Yeah same. Leveling up to 25 was a chore because sometimes I spent more time searching for a game in QP than actually playing.

Comp is ok though, basically the same on both accounts (1-3 minutes).

Geneijin

having just switched from PS4 to PC, I have a question...

why the hell does it take so long to find a game? each match has taken 5-10 minutes. I thought PS4 takes a while but this is even worse.

Granted, it is past 3:00am here, but I live in Los Angeles...given the popularity of the game and the sheer population of where I live, I can't wrap my head around why matchmaking takes so long.
Time zone and probably because the game rated your MMR high.

adamy

Banned
Time zone and probably because the game rated your MMR high.

Funny you say that as I thought it was weird that at level 3 I was getting matched with 4-5 stars and silvers-golds...but so far I've only done arcade.

I thought only comp determines your MMR?

Jellie

Funny you say that as I thought it was weird that at level 3 I was getting matched with 4-5 stars and silvers-golds...but so far I've only done arcade.

You have a quick play hidden mmr too. Don't think arcade does so it matches with anyone.
Comp has a separate hidden mmr and a shown SR.

Geneijin

Sometimes, it's a combination of both MMR and trying to find the quickest match possible, so matchmaking will take what it can get in such hours, but it's usually the MMR dictating the search times really. I remember leveling a friend's account to 25, and I too noticed the longer than usual wait times (3-5 mins). Main account takes like 1-2 mins in Quick Play by comparison. The wait times sadly don't even settle until you've done placement matches too... Or maybe until you get to level 50 or something? Never cared to test or find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom