• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne

My gf really likes to play with me but we can't queue comp and if a QP game gets tons of high level players in it things get too intense for her to keep up :<

LiK

My gf really likes to play with me but we can't queue comp and if a QP game gets tons of high level players in it things get too intense for her to keep up :<

I feel bad joining people in my list who don't play OW much because even in QP they get matched with higher level guys and just get trashed. So I don't bother joining them anymore.

caesar

Banned
I need more PS4 peeps to play Comp with and this comment only makes me sad. You PC guys have plenty of company.

You have the game on pc and you're still choosing to play the 60 fps version. I have no sympathy. :p

She changed from dva main to mercy main this season. Plans to go pc soon. I hate mercy mains though. They are more tolerable now though.

I'll get her to add you :p

Maining Dva s3 is breakup material so I guess mercy is a little better lol.

I made an account on ps4 to play with my brand new to Overwatch friend for that reason. Those games are... interesting. I tend to go support or just practice Sombra (lol)

pizzacat

Banned
Time to buy a third copy for low mmr

You can do custom games, there are some servers that are just quick play rules but without certain maps or the same exact map cycle

Anne

Making new accounts costs money and the MMR and SR is naturally gonna get mad high mad fast so it's not the best solution. At least I can stream I guess.

Tbh the higher level player things is something we can kinda deal with. The general garbage quality of QP matches gets to be too much though. Like we go up against GMs who are kinda just playing while somebody is hammering away with attack Torb going "its just QP guys".

caesar

Banned
Man I need to find a few vids to improve my heals with Ana, I feel like I could be better.

Record a vod and lemme peep dat

Making new accounts costs money and the MMR and SR is naturally gonna get mad high mad fast so it's not the best solution. At least I can stream I guess.

Tbh the higher level player things is something we can kinda deal with. The general garbage quality of QP matches gets to be too much though. Like we go up against GMs who are kinda just playing while somebody is hammering away with attack Torb going "its just QP guys".

Man that torb is me, I also have 3 accounts. I may have to just come to terms with the fact that I'm toxic af. :(

antitrop

antitrop

Some of the sweatiest QP games I've ever had have been when I randomly got matched with you and Bumbletron's big-stack, since I don't usually go up against QP six-stacks when solo-queueing.

And not sweaty in a good way, just sweaty in a "If I get headshot by this Widow one more time I'm uninstalling" way.

Mei in Hanamura 2nd point is fucking ameizing. First point too obviously, but the 2nd one is much more fun because there's more entrances. Controlling the fight on the top left feels really good.

Yeah, I should just try that.

Also lol at the throwing Genji we queued with back to back Nuno.

I checked his stats and they weren't bad. But he played really bad in volskaya. I think he was just feeling playing Genji even if it didn't make sense, and he was prepared to throw if we picked him instead lol

We didn't have the team composition to win that game in hanamura, but we did somehow. The other team dropped the ball quite hard, their Mei was more interested in freezing people and getting murdered in the process than putting up walls to separate us.

But the games at low plat so far have been worse than the ones in mid-high gold for the most part. Same thing will happen in low diamond. A few more SR and the games will start getting better.

TheOddOne

I just wish they gave her more unique abilities like Sombra rather than give his a mix of other heroes' abilities.

I think that's the most disapppinting aspect of her. They sorta did recycle some other abilities for her. She was fun to mess around with in PTR but she's not really unique apart from her design.
My favorite heroes, Zarya, Lucio and Ana, all have their kits based around their respective weapons. Every utility or ability comes from that core weapon concept. Orisa’s kit doesn’t have any link to any of the her abilities, it’s just a mix mash of things. Which is kind of sad, because all her abilities can be done better individually by other heroes. Reinhardt is more mobile and has earth shatter, Zarya’s black hole can turn tides or deny, Ana can heal and boost when needed and damage reduction medicated by having competent healers. It feels like they should have done something more unique, especially considering that her visual design should have lead to more unique abilities; League's Hecarim for example looks like a better utility/tank with some unique features.

Anne

Some of the sweatiest QP games I've ever had have been when I randomly got matched with you and Bumbletron's big-stack, since I don't usually go up against QP six-stacks when solo-queueing.

And not sweaty in a good way, just sweaty in a "If I get headshot by this Widow one more time I'm uninstalling" way.

I attract the sweat. It's very hard for me to completely stop trying, so even in QP if I'm playing casually I'm still picking team comps that at least work and I'm trying not to throw at minimum. Since just using a character with a golden gun is enough to set people off in QP sometimes, of course me just picking McCree and practicing flicks will get people to try super duper hard. Then cause MMR and stacks and blah blah you get games like that :T

Part of it is my fighting game mentality I guess. I don't see a reason to not sit down and least try to play and learn something even if I'm not going super hard. There also wasn't ranked mode in those games, so every game was the same until a tournament. Casual players that load up the game to intentionally play shitty baffle me. I guess I'm just not the kinda person to boot up a game to fuck around and lose for no reason :T

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
it's time for a 3rd alt

edit: Saw your other posts, I still say go for it. Just main Mercy.

hypernima

Banned
Check out the basics and masters guides from Overwatch Central and Your Overwatch.

Record a vod and lemme peep dat

Skyline has a good Ana guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGO_H4mrzXk
He streams occasionally, but not often.

If you're not healing well with Ana, it's probably bad aim (unlikely with the generous af hitbox), DPS tunnel-visioning, or bad grenade management.

My next matches I'll record, I just sometimes have issues healing pharahs and people who overextend but leave me vulnerable. I don't always know if my nade management is on point either. I always silver when I'm with Lucio and I feel like I should be gold.

I checked his stats and they weren't bad. But he played really bad in volskaya. I think he was just feeling playing Genji even if it didn't make sense, and he was prepared to throw if we picked him instead lol

We didn't have the team composition to win that game in hanamura, but we did somehow. The other team dropped the ball quite hard, their Mei was more interested in freezing people and getting murdered in the process than putting up walls to separate us.

But the games at low plat so far have been worse than the ones in mid-high gold for the most part. Same thing will happen in low diamond. A few more SR and the games will start getting better.

The old tracer dive trick never fails at this rating. lol.

Your Pharah was rocking it though, maybe I should just learn mercy to pocket you.

komaruR

Problem with Orisa is that she just lacks the mobility of Reinhardt so she isn't as effective at going through chokes as your main tank. I think she'll be a really good off-tank but she fails as your "anchor" tank atm.

Also Earthshatter >>>
orisa alt fire is really good to make the enemy's rein go out of position. think i remember some1 posted a clip in ptr where orisa alt fire to grab the blocking rein into the air and then orisa team's rein earthshattered when it was mid air.
i would imagine instead of earthshatter the team can use that opportunity to get a pick for who ever is behind rein's back.
there's many possiblility that haven't been checked yet, until it comes live for people to master orisa.

one of the reason to play on smurf.

You have the game on pc and you're still choosing to play the 60 fps version. I have no sympathy. :p

Maining Dva s3 is breakup material so I guess mercy is a little better lol.
not everyone have a 120hz+ monitor D:
the speed/pacing i kinda got over it when playing between console and pc but the one thing i still can't is the 20 tick in console :(
too many times when you think you already behind cover, just to get killed and see the killcam you're not in cover...

well smurfs, you gotta play less serious once a while. like being a torb god! :p

You guys and your smurf accounts. I only play with one!
i only used my smurf once thinking you guys Nuno and hypernima wanted to play smurf. Little did I know my smurf's mmr is already in sweaty competitive level lol.
not gonna use my smurf unless i wanted to test things out in comp i guess.
gonna try get a few comp match done today with my main.

Jellie

My next matches I'll record, I just sometimes have issues healing pharahs and people who overextend but leave me vulnerable. I don't always know if my nade management is on point either. I always silver when I'm with Lucio and I feel like I should be gold.

Your Pharah was rocking it though, maybe I should just learn mercy to pocket you.

Pharah requires you to be able to read their movement so should come with time on Ana.
Silver on Ana doesn't mean too much. You burst heal while others will have higher sustained healing. If Lucio stays on healing the whole time (which he shouldn't) then its easy for him to get gold.

LiK

If you're gonna be a pocket Mercy then don't play with me lol

i only used my smurf once thinking you guys Nuno and hypernima wanted to play smurf. Little did I know my smurf's mmr is already in sweaty competitive level lol.

cool, maybe we can play Comp for real finally. i don't mind duo queue.

Mei in Hanamura 2nd point is fucking ameizing. First point too obviously, but the 2nd one is much more fun because there's more entrances. Controlling the fight on the top left feels really good.

Send me an friend request from your alt.

I'll play some games with you if I can.

antitrop

With a Lucio, it's hard to tell if you're not putting in the work, or the Lucio is making the mistake of saving all his amps for healing and repairing all the chip damage before you would even need to burst heal.

Getting outhealed by a Mercy as Ana is fine, since she only has 1 job, you can let the Mercy primarily heal and focus on Ana's high damage potential more.

Getting outhealed by Zen is embarrassing.

Anne

Having less than gold healing on Ana is pretty normal btw. The majority of damage in Overwatch is trash damage that is going to be healed over a couple seconds by Lucio or something while you move around the map. A lot of the times Ana's damage/utility/single target pocketing is more important to be doing rather than running around topping people off.

Hell, a lot of the time you don't have gold healing with Ana is more a sign that your team is taking way too much damage and spending way too many other resources on healing it.

Btw when I ask for heals I'm not being the annoying type lol

With Pharah it's easy for you to lose track of me and with Mei if you are close I can avoid using my healing ability and saving it for the fight.

Tracer <3

It's super boring playing Mercy like that though, I feel bad for people that play her like this. The important thing is to have fun.

Also, I know it's not ideal, but I play so much better with headphones and no mic. My concentration levels improve a lot.

Since I get tilted easily during the game and sometimes struggle to say what I want in english it's probably for the best. I'm gonna miss messing up with Owzers though ;_;

We are around 2600. What's your rank?

Playing seriously though, got to practice my sombra and mei at least.

Send me an friend request from your alt.

I'll play some games with you if I can.

I will :)

Paltheos

My favorite heroes, Zarya, Lucio and Ana, all have their kits based around their respective weapons. Every utility or ability comes from that core weapon concept. Orisa’s kit doesn’t have any link to any of the her abilities, it’s just a mix mash of things. Which is kind of sad, because all her abilities can be done better individually by other heroes. Reinhardt is more mobile and has earth shatter, Zarya’s black hole can turn tides or deny, Ana can heal and boost when needed and damage reduction medicated by having competent healers. It feels like they should have done something more unique, especially considering that her visual design should have lead to more unique abilities; League's Hecarim for example looks like a better utility/tank with some unique features.

Yeah, man. I've messed with her and she didn't really click. Seems decent though I guess. One advantage she has over Rein is that she can fire while her barrier's up, even if it's weaker. In that respect, she seems preferable to Rein in some situations (and vice versa). I'll reserve judgement until she hits live and people start playing for real though. Our (the community's) track record on gauging new characters at launch is decidedly mixed (kinda right on Sombra, dead wrong on Ana)

TheOddOne

Yeah, man. I've messed with her and she didn't really click. Seems decent though I guess. One advantage she has over Rein is that she can fire while her barrier's up, even if it's weaker. In that respect, she seems preferable to Rein in some situations (and vice versa). I'll reserve judgement until she hits live and people start playing for real though. Our (the community's) track record on gauging new characters at launch is decidedly mixed (kinda right on Sombra, dead wrong on Ana)
Yeah, I’m keeping an open mind about her until she fully gets into the game. You never know how people might utilize her.

Jellie

Another advantage is you can throw your shield out pretty far. If your team overextend as rein you either have to go join them or watch them die. This way you can protect them similar to zarya if they are out of position.

Anne

I think comparing Orisa to Rein is kinda funny. There are a lot of situations where you don't really wanna pick Rein but you do anyways cause he's just the best option cause meta reasons. The end goal is to make Rein appealing in situations he excels in, and in those situations where he's weaker but functional you would go Orisa or something else.

The general consensus of better players atm tends to be that she seems great at shield busting and fighting immobile deathball type stuff, but she's weak against high mobility comps. That kinda points to the first ways people will probably mess with her will be with those midrange aggressive style comps. That stuff that is kinda like Soldier/Lucio/Genji/etc on offense where Rein isn't great but you require the space control so you just pick it.

I think comparing Orisa to Rein is kinda funny. There are a lot of situations where you don't really wanna pick Rein but you do anyways cause he's just the best option cause meta reasons. The end goal is to make Rein appealing in situations he excels in, and in those situations where he's weaker but functional you would go Orisa or something else.

The general consensus of better players atm tends to be that she seems great at shield busting and fighting immobile deathball type stuff, but she's weak against high mobility comps. That kinda points to the first ways people will probably mess with her will be with those midrange aggressive style comps. That stuff that is kinda like Soldier/Lucio/Genji/etc on offense where Rein isn't great but you require the space control so you just pick it.

Yep, this.

When the other team has flank heavy players and rectangle man just can't keep anyone alive long enough or block 4 angles at once, Orisa will be a better tank IMO.

Wall one angle, mini-grav another, fortify and shoot the Pharah, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom