• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was until you reached your hidden MMR? Maybe it took you 25 games to?

I think it's only in the first games, last season was the same. Didn't know exactly how many though. But it would be nice if more people could confirm this.

If your still around I'm getting on.

Gonna take a break to eat, I'll be on in a bit. Only need 2/3 wins to hit plat.

The games have been surprisingly good, with the exception of braindead teammates once in a while.

ImBehindYou

Neo Member
Lost 400 SR in a day. Never experienced anything like the toxicity and leaving in the depths of silver on this game. Hopefully can put together a run of games where the leavers fall on the other team over the weekend haha

Shield generator kills count for the teleporter trophy as well, or so I was told. I got it when stacking in QP was still a thing.
Ah ok. Still though, I don't like that a lot of the trophies they designed require you to literally just focus on doing that one thing. Kinda strange because you basically have to throw games to do some of them. :p

I was watching seagull's stream from a couple days ago and he said that the Junkrat tire does half-damage if it's in the air after jumping. Had no idea.

The info regarding this game is fucking awful.

Anyone getting random disconnects on PSN from game server?

Yes, there's a lot of that today.

Wait, what

Why would that be a thing?

No idea, never noticed honestly.

Is it b/c of the new firmware?

Don't know. My first three games today had quitters (all on my team ;_;), a while ago the enemy team had one (it was in the first minute so the game got cancelled fml), and my game also stopped for like 10 seconds in King's Row but thankfully I wasn't kicked out.

Edit: and there was also two games with leavers that rejoined a couple minutes after, on my team again lol. Lost both games...

In case you wanna know what an aimbot looks like in your comp matches :v

https://clips.twitch.tv/ObeseNaiveHyenaEleGiggle

I tilted, ngl

Seems legit...

People like this suck.

Or your Zarya refuses to bubble your charges, the enemy McCree flashbangs over your shield, and there's a Pharah keeping you out of position and your team constantly blames you when all you can do is sit there and decide who you want to die to.

I choose to focus on the positives of the Rein experience, so as to avoid sobbing brokenly in front of my children.

finalflame

For rein charges, do people bubble him during the journey or after the journey?

I bubble him when he needs it, but usually not sooner than mid-charge, and not later than when he starts swinging. The key is to watch his health bar and react when he needs the bubble (had just started to take damage), and make sure your healers are on the same page to keep him topped up.

Yeah I don't play Rein a ton, but his ability to switch on a dime between offense and defense is super fun. So much of every push depends upon his decision-making though, can be pretty stressful to play him for long stretches.

Yep, it gets stressful. I play a lot of the Healers and Tanks, and he's the only one who will Tilt me when things go wrong. One missed/ mistimed button press, one momentary misread of the situation, and you and your team die. It is also fun as hell when it's time to drop the shield and just start swinging.

MG310

More Reinhardt cockfighting. This time on Volskaya defense rather than walling up our Bastion he's out in front fighting the other Reinhardt.

first time playing mccree since like last month

did pretty shit but 3 golds ehh.
g56VgX9.jpg

Can they just fix Pharah already? I would rather face a team full of Meis than a single goddamn Pharah. Unfortunately for me, every single fucking game has a Pharah

antitrop

I win more games with other randoms than I do with 4 stacks.

Because it puts higher ranked players on the enemy team to compensate for the larger stack on your team (because the system is making the assumption that they will have better synergy and coordination than solo-queuers). That's why many players refuse to queue with more than a duo.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Because it puts higher ranked players on the enemy team to compensate for the larger stack on your team (because the system is making the assumption that they will have better synergy and coordination than solo-queuers). That's why many players refuse to queue with more than a duo.
mess

MartyStu

I now remember why I started playing Ana in quick play instead of Mercy:

Not only is Mercy hella stressful, but I feel like I am being roped into the idiocies of my teammates without much of a say. I enjoy the frenetic playstyle, but Mercy feels a lot more like a spectator than an active participant.

Also, I am REALLY going to miss the damage on Ana's rifle. I never before realized how much I rely on that thing. I know that it is probably the lesser of the nerfs, but I almost would prefer taking the gimped bionade over losing the ability to shutdown mediocre/bad Pharahs.

Can they just fix Pharah already? I would rather face a team full of Meis than a single goddamn Pharah. Unfortunately for me, every single fucking game has a Pharah

I've been trying out Mercy recently to see if I like playing her, and the Pharahs on my team are the worst. "I need healing" spammed all during set-up, and all during the match, whether they are hurt or not, whenever I would go heal someone else. What if I actually want to heal the WHOLE team, and not just float around damage-boosting your sorry ass?

Are all Pharahs five years old emotionally? Is that why Ana went out for smokes and didn't come back way back when?

GoaThief

Roadhogs who flank are detrimental to the team, imo.
Pretty much bar the very odd one or two occasions where you can sneak around the side quickly and get a solid pick without any of your team going down.

Ultimately RH is a tank, and should be tanking that damage for your team.

Funnily enough had two RHs that played solo style with no regard of the team tonight. One was carried by the rest after failing most of the time but one was so bad in a two-tank no rein match he pretty much single handedly cost us the game... although their party buddy constantly switching between a bad Ana (please don't play her if you can't play her!) and whatever else they fancied on a whim also sped the loss along to conclusion.

High point was winning a 5v6 on Lijang tonight 3 - 1 where I also got to bust out D.Va all game for a change and picked up 7 votes for my card. This game is always a rollercoaster with highs and lows every session.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
genji mains need to provide ana level 'feedback' to get the dragonblade nerf reverted since its about the same level as the nade's level of strong

adamy

Banned
so decided to pick up Overwatch for PC despite my concerns that my alienware alpha PC wont be able to run it well

i'm getting 80-90 FPS on 'high" setting...not too bad right?

randome

I won all 10 placement matches! Unfortunately I acted like an idiot last season when I was new so I'm not at a high placement rank. Still, went up almost 500 points to ~1950. Woo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom