• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I first get a match where everyone autolocked a dps (76, reaper, genji, tracer, widow) and I had to solo heal as Ana...that didnt' go well

Next match I get everyone autolocked a support. (ana, zen, lucio, sym, mercy) and I ended up going rein. That also didn't go well

Can people look at a comp and realize that it's not going to work and no level of player skill is going to offset a bad comp?

antitrop

Supports are fun as hell to play.

Yeah, Overwatch really does make supports fun to play.

I'll never forget when I started playing League of Legends in 2011, how absolutely fucking insanely mind-bendingly boring it was to play support. That game made great strides towards making the role more fun (around the time when the Sightstone item was added in, and adding more enjoyable supports to play like Braum), but Jesus H Fucking Christ it was bad when I first started.

The only support people would take was Blitzcrank, and if he got banned (which was every single game), then you would just get a random character in the bottom lane with you stealing all the kills. Bad times.

Yeah, Overwatch really does make supports fun to play.

I'll never forget when I started playing League of Legends in 2011, how absolutely fucking insanely mind-bendingly boring it was to play support. That game made great strides towards making the role more fun (around the time when the Sightstone item was added in, and adding more enjoyable supports to play like Braum), but Jesus H Fucking Christ it was bad when I first started.

The only support people would take was Blitzcrank, and if he got banned (which was every single game), then you would just get a random character in the bottom lane with you stealing all the kills. Bad times.
ur in luck now because instead of supports being fuckawful to play it's adcs.

pizzacat

Banned
Supports are fun as hell to play. And the only S-tier heroes besides Reinhardt have always been supports. The best character in the game (who is also super fun) for the last few months is a support.

There is nothing more they can do, lately I wait until the five others have made their pick, and I try to fill in the gap. And I'm to the point where I'm sad if support isn't the role I end up filling.
Ive been calling lucio brain dead since day 0

And then I started harrassing people with speed boost

I think Ive gotten gold obj kills each comp match as lucio

Also ana <3

And one day maybe zenn when the metas better :,)

My QP most-played are Genji, McCree, Sombra (about to surpass McCree, who I no longer play, because I suck), Widowmaker (no longer play), and Zarya. I've played so little McCree or Widow since last summer, though.

Zarya is my most-played comp hero by far every season except this one, where Ana is slightly ahead.

It looks like Iddqd has stopped his project because of reddit lol.

Tbh, it's nothing educational and is purely done for views and money. Even when Ster did it, he was making a point although I felt like he completely misunderstood what Elo hell is. Iddqd is just bullying people at that rank and memeing in the chat.

The only one that adds value is Mindfuzz because he actually spends time in each rank trying to work out what's the knowledge gaps for players in those ranks.

STAR was still embarrassing people in front of thousands of viewers (and many more on his youtube highlights) on internet TV for entertainment purposes. His true motivation IMO was that he misses the dynamic of TF2 but can't admit it because of how hard he has committed in hating that game and never returning.

yeah trolling is the tracer that blinks into the enemy team to feed

troll picking is picking hanzo.

Hanzo is a good hero but if you don't understand how the game functions and read too much reddit you can be easily mislead. He's probably the most profound dark horse I've seen in a game. And given Blizzard's style of balancing it's probably best for him to remain undiscovered by the masses lest he get swatted down like what happened to D.VA in the PTR.

antitrop

kind of weird I'm so ass at soldier and ana when I'm pretty good at McCree but lul.
I was ass with the Deagle when I played Counter-Strike 15 years ago, so I never had any hope at being good with McCree. I've always been more of a spray n pray kind of guy. I have good tracking and good burst control, but bad single shot accuracy.

caesar

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxuiJUMun7A

25AZvGt.png

Show comp stats :p

antitrop

(Although actually, I was just looking at Codey's comp stats with Sombra, since he's one of the best in the world at her and Top-200 NA in general, and he has a 46% winrate with her. Blizzard...)
Yeah, I was mentioning that same thing earlier this week.

Overbuff does count draws as losses, though.

It's curious that Sombra's Healing stat isn't tracked.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I feel disgusting playing 76 rn. I could do it with my eyes closed. triple kill without eventrying, fam. infinite sprint to evade any one on one fights i dont like. take out a minimum of 2 heroes with an ult even in the shittiest situation

and I don't even have Immortal skin.

I feel disgusting playing 76 rn. I could do it with my eyes closed. triple kill without eventrying, fam. infinite sprint to evade any one on one fights i dont like. take out a minimum of 2 heroes with an ult even in the shittiest situation

and I don't even have Immortal skin.

He's no longer an honorable hero that's for sure. His helix rocket which use to be an important part of his kit to finish people off is now superfluous. However, the current state he is in isn't his fault. It's part of the power creep pushed forward by McCree still being overtuned, which in turn is rooted in how ridiculous they made hitscan in an arena shooter in the first place.

Mei/Zarya.

bruh soviet zarya and firefighter mei are top tier.
He's no longer an honorable hero that's for sure. His helix rocket which use to be an important part of his kit to finish people off is now superfluous. However, the current state he is in isn't his fault. It's part of the power creep pushed forward by McCree still being overtuned, which in turn is rooted in how ridiculous they made hitscan in an arena shooter in the first place.
McCree is far from overtuned lol.

76 has the worst skins in the game.

yeah ya know, I did think Zarya/Roadhog before but 76 definitely has the worst. I don't like any of his epics or legendaries

that being said I use Russet, the toast victory pose, the halloween spray and "that's sir to you" for maximum dad

soldier-76-skin-russet.jpg

I like Jet/Smoke for Soldier 76. His basic design is fine. Agree that all the legendaries are dull.

Compare to like, Pharah, where every skin is amazing and I wish I could randomize the ones I have each game.

Edit: Actually, Mei's Yeti Hunter is okay. I think I'm just prejudiced because it's Mei and seeing her in any guise is traumatic.

McCree is far from overtuned lol.

Arena shooters are built around dynamic movement, drawn out duels, and tend to be projectile focused (because this helps emphasize the former two). A character that walks around clicking on people with a hard stun no less is out of bounds for this kind of game. If you have hitscan this strong it sucks the space out of what you can add.

For instance any character with vertical mobility, like Pharah's flight, is a nonstarter if you can just get clicked on by a regular non sniper character.

Zarya definitely wins worst legendary skins

nah, that's McCree
Arena shooters are built around dynamic movement, drawn out duels, and tend to be projectile focused (because this helps emphasize the former two). A character that walks around clicking on people with a hard stun no less is out of bounds for this kind of game. If you have hitscan this strong it sucks the space out of what you can add.

For instance any character with vertical mobility, like Pharah's flight, is a nonstarter if you can just get clicked on by a regular non sniper character.

Overwatch is not an Arena shooter, first off. We wouldn't have classes at all if that was the case. Second, that's the thing you find egregious here? Not the guy who throws out a hook and oneshots tanks, the tank that right clicks and deletes ultimates from the game or a guy whose ultimate is a literal aimbot?

antitrop

Maybe I'll get crucified for this, but I think D.Va's Legendaries are terrible. I actually just use her default, because I like the pink scheme (and it looks good with her bubble gum highlight intro).

D.Va has some cool recolors, though, I just don't like her Legendaries.

Riverboat McCree is a top-ten skin among all heroes.
Absolutely. I love Riverboat McCree with the "Names McCree" Highlight intro.

Roadhog's Pigpen skin is a favorite of mine, but I don't like his Legendaries.
Gross, I use Toa it's his least-worst skin.

Shake Appeal said:
Riverboat McCree is a top-ten skin among all heroes.
I like it but it kinda defeats the purpose of him, it's just a normal Western skin. His default skins (even with the cringey belt buckle) at least have a sci-fi flair to them.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Zarya and Symmetra have the worst legendary skins.

76 is just more boring than anything else. I want a lot of skins but I really hope Blizz doesn't add dumb shit like 'dad 76' as a skin and actually adds skins that I'd want.

Gambler is the only McCree skin. If his personality was more like Doc Holiday, I'd play him a whole lot more.

Zarya and Symmetra have the worst legendary skins.

76 is just more boring than anything else. I want a lot of skins but I really hope Blizz doesn't add dumb shit like 'dad 76' as a skin and actually adds skins that I'd want.

Gambler is the only McCree skin. If his personality was more like Doc Holiday, I'd play him a whole lot more.

So you think 76's skins are boring but don't want them to add more unique skins for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom