• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
What sucks about 2 player parties is they both vote for each other at end of match no matter what, leaving only 4 votes for the better players which is not enough.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Plays tank 3/4 of the game.

Our terrible Widow said he's gold damage

Plays soldier for the last 1/4, push, win. 1 in Damage, Kills, Time on objective, silver in block, etc.

Feels good.

Apathy

god damn people that won't get off a bad character for the situation because they want to spend their ult...and then never spend it

god damn people that won't get off a bad character for the situation because they want to spend their ult...and then never spend it
Yeah I just had a guy stick with Sombra 3/4 of match because he had his ult. Then he blew it when four people died to try and save himself.

Another thing, I just played a game where our Diamond Soldier waste his ult on a Rein shield when Pharah was attacking me (zen) and our Ana. I just had to quit after that.

Is anyone else suck-ass low like me? I'm at 1300 right now, and it would be interesting to put a little group together.

I'm at like 1250.
I play mostly supports and tanks + a few defensive heroes and occasionally Pharah.

RedArremer#21703 if you wanna add me. I don't play competitive often (usually only the placements lol) but I might as well find players around my level to group up with some time.

Sande

I just realized that Reaper has 5 completely unique weapon models. Meanwhile McCree (and some others I think) are sitting at one. I've complained about the lack of diversity with McCree before but I hadn't noticed just how inconsistent Blizzard have been with this stuff.

I just realized that Reaper has 5 completely unique weapon models. Meanwhile McCree (and some others I think) are sitting at one. I've complained about the lack of diversity with McCree before but I hadn't noticed just how inconsistent Blizzard have been with this stuff.

In all fairness though, it's easy to make big shotguns look more unique than a small revolver without sacrificing the revolver look.

Junkrat on Anubis defense <3

Using his bomb to damage enemies and fly away from them while firing feels so badass. When I play with him there I feel like a god lol

I'm noticing the mistakes that my teammates do more and more. Today I've seen some really terrible mercys (attack and defense) and a lot of other stupid stuff from them, I'm trying to pay more attention to this stuff. Now I just need to do the same with the enemy team and try to focus on the ones that are out of position. I'm not really the type to think while playing.

literally, 80% of my losses this season were due to another team's mercy.

other reasons...

-they have a teleport, I tell my team they got a teleport, find it, they don't try to find it, we start capping and we lose point because of it.
-there have been games where I literally go and kill the teleport myself because my team refuses to do it, btw, I am reinhardt which is why I usually ask the team to go get it.
-the enemy team that I am going against, always instantly searches for my teleport when I am on sym on Defense.... (Why can't I get the teammates that do this? I just don't understand)
-Back to mercy, literally almost all of my losses have been due to mercy extending fights with rez. I ask people to prioritize her when you just know a rez is incoming and they don't. (Why Can't I get this mercy on my team)
-When I get a mercy on my team, the Mercy on my team always dies right before we need a big team rez....so basically, no big team rez ever happens.

sometimes I wish i could control more than one player at once, so I can tank and go for the teleport, and prioritize mercy, but as Rein I can only do so much.

after every game I feel so drained.

Village

There is a glitch that's been happening to me, where the main menu load ontop of the flps screen and I can't move.

Then I get kicked out of matches because I can't move

Then I get penalized

What the actual fuck

Gritesh

Anyone playing around the 2200 mark or so that wants to climb, three seasons solo getting old being stuck down here...

Hit me up

Village

And I lost a fucking game in my placement because of this

What the fuck, this is the type of shit that makes me not want to play this game anymore.

literally, 80% of my losses this season were due to another team's mercy.

other reasons...

-they have a teleport, I tell my team they got a teleport, find it, they don't try to find it, we start capping and we lose point because of it.
-there have been games where I literally go and kill the teleport myself because my team refuses to do it, btw, I am reinhardt which is why I usually ask the team to go get it.
-the enemy team that I am going against, always instantly searches for my teleport when I am on sym on Defense.... (Why can't I get the teammates that do this? I just don't understand)
-Back to mercy, literally almost all of my losses have been due to mercy extending fights with rez. I ask people to prioritize her when you just know a rez is incoming and they don't. (Why Can't I get this mercy on my team)
-When I get a mercy on my team, the Mercy on my team always dies right before we need a big team rez....so basically, no big team rez ever happens.

sometimes I wish i could control more than one player at once, so I can tank and go for the teleport, and prioritize mercy, but as Rein I can only do so much.

after every game I feel so drained.

Today I had a playing-as-Mercy "race to the payload in OT, rez all 5 teammates, die instantly" moment, and didn't even respawn before DEFEAT appeared. WTF? How is that even possible?

Anyone else run into this before? As Mercy, I popped my rez just before their spawn timer expired. The game registered me using my ult, Mercy's voice line came out and my ult meter went down to zero, but my teammate ended up spawning in our spawn area. I've played Mercy a bunch of times but haven't had this happen to me.

Apathy

McCree needs and Origin skin. One without a cyborg arm.

I want origin skins for all the members of overwatch. Hell give an origin skin to everyone that could possibly have one (like i can consider young ginji and young hanzo origin type skns)

caesar

Banned
Yeah we did all that while caeser died, respawned and died again. :p

LOL caesar caught feeding rip.

Look at these comedians. The 1v1 saga will continue SwiftRage

I placed lower than 500 with bronze

I guess I should just stop playing the game then

Nope, now you climb!

Looks like you lost some pts because of that glitch you mentioned. Ive never heard of it but you're probably not as bad as you think at least.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Somehow just won a comp match with Torbjorn, Widowmaker, Mei, Symmetra, Bastion, and a solo healing Mercy. Symmetra and Mei were coordinating their walls really well, Torbjorn was annihilating flankers, it was impressive.

Gritesh

Somehow just won a comp match with Torbjorn, Widowmaker, Mei, Symmetra, Bastion, and a solo healing Mercy. Symmetra and Mei were coordinating their walls really well, Torbjorn was annihilating flankers, it was impressive.
Symmetra feels so OP around 2k SR, a good Sym player will literally melt any team right now it feels like.

Apathy

imagine the glorious world we would live in if we could ban one character to not be able to be used from your own team. No more shitty widows on my team. Ah, what a glorious world that would be

Village

Nope, now you climb!

Looks like you lost some pts because of that glitch you mentioned. Ive never heard of it but you're probably not as bad as you think at least.

The glitched happened 3 times, so that's 3 matches.

Last time I placed I got 1700.

I don't know if I want to climb, I either have to go into comp carrying teams, and I don't have that ability. I'm not that good, or I have to find a group, and I don't have a group of individuals who I know who even play this on pc, let alone ranked that low. And even in silver where I was ranked last time, there is no end to just trolls game throwers and toxic human beings and I imagine and that end of the pool from what i've been told it gets much worse.

I don't feel like overwatch as a game ever valued my time as an individual playing it. And even in the comp games I played as placement with what teams were doing , just kind of made me uphappy.

I don't know if climbing is possible or even worth it at this point. " but village " you say " why don't you play less serious modes" because unfortunately those modes don't get you enough points to level up faster to get loot boxes , to get things so the dopamine goes off. Why would I play that except for tuesday.

Over watch is a game that has time again let me appreciate MMO's and fighting games on a level I have been previously unable to

randome

On console (not sure if pc is diff), is anyone actually really good playing solo? I guess I'm wondering if you absolutely NEED a team to be successful.

Getting my alt account up to level 25 so I can queue with my friends feels like it is taking an eternity. It's funny how, when levels mean nothing (as in post level 25) it feels like you are leveling up constantly but as soon as you are paying attention to your level it feels like it's the slowest grind ever.

Gritesh

On console (not sure if pc is diff), is anyone actually really good playing solo? I guess I'm wondering if you absolutely NEED a team to be successful.

I think if you want to break gold you should have some people to queue with, your at the mercy of other players otherwise

Gritesh

Every fucking game I get people who just fucking quit early and go some troll hero and throw the game its so fucking annoying.

Our push isn't working our rein rages and goes bastion....fuck it happens every fucking time!

Zen Aku

A friend I usually play with is tilting hard. I mean like full on tilt for days now. He's going to take a break for some time. So back to the solo queue for me.

I've been winning more soloing now. Still get nervous as fuck trying to DPS even though I'm a healer main. You know my team is in trouble when I have to try and DPS. I need to work on my soldier accuracy.. it's appalling.

Jellie

Look at these comedians. The 1v1 saga will continue SwiftRage

Nope, now you climb!

Its true though. Me and skii clutch it out while you wait for respawn timer.
:p

Gritesh

A friend I usually play with is tilting hard. I mean like full on tilt for days now. He's going to take a break for some time. So back to the solo queue for me.

I've been winning more soloing now. Still get nervous as fuck trying to DPS even though I'm a healer main. You know my team is in trouble when I have to try and DPS. I need to work on my soldier accuracy.. it's appalling.
Dude ive won like 2 games in the last 3 days, playing somewhere around 15 games a day, talk about tilting, this shit drove me out of Dota 2 and now its ruining overwatch for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom