• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fugu

The SR system is just absurd. I'm on a winning streak right now and getting something like 50 SR per win; previous to this I was winning games at a 2:1 ratio and netting like 50 SR every three or four games. I feel like the only way to move up at any decent speed is to literally never lose.

tabs2002

Got flamed in voice chat by a Mei and Junkrat for not being able to deal with Pharah/Mercy by myself, I was soldier. Told them to switch and help me out, they wouldn't listen.

MartyStu

Got flamed in voice chat by a Mei and Junkrat for not being able to deal with Pharah/Mercy by myself, I was soldier. Told them to switch and help me out, they wouldn't listen.

Unless you are a pretty amazing soldier, Pharah can still eat your lunch if you are the only one on duty.

But yeah people are getting quite nasty. Got flamed by a Soldier for not protecting him as rein on the Hanamura attack choke.

Forget the fact that he never actually hit anything and I had gold elims for some reason. Or the fact that Rein's shield gets shredded pretty quickly these days. Or the fact that everyone keeps ignoring my pleas to group up or to pick off bastion so I can force the fight only the point.

Also, fuck people who panic ult.

Ugh.

Had a match on Eichenwalde where we pushed pretty quick...on defence we held out for so long that time was heavily in our favour, but it fell apart on the mid section when our Rein decided to switch to McCree because our Soldier was unable to take Pharah down. TBH Pharah didn't seem that much of a problem but whatever. We went to another round but on defence the bickering resumed...but we salvaged a draw but damn. Weekend players.

I'm glad I get practice with a wider variety of heroes but wins to go with it would be nice :p

Gorillaz

The SR system is just absurd. I'm on a winning streak right now and getting something like 50 SR per win; previous to this I was winning games at a 2:1 ratio and netting like 50 SR every three or four games. I feel like the only way to move up at any decent speed is to literally never lose.
Because it almost is. It's what 20 for the first 2-3? Then jumps to 40?. Losing starts st 20-3? When I went on s 10 game win streak last week I started getting like 60-70 SR near the end

You can legit play for 3 hours and not go anywhere

Cool, now Red Arremer and Kirblar can form Team Suck together. If anyone else wants in, let me know. :-D

Console or PC? What region? I haven't qualified this season, but I was high Silver last season. Oh- PS4/ NA for me.
Sorry man - PC/NA.

I'm at like 1250.
I play mostly supports and tanks + a few defensive heroes and occasionally Pharah.

RedArremer#21703 if you wanna add me. I don't play competitive often (usually only the placements lol) but I might as well find players around my level to group up with some time.
Added.

I placed lower than 500 with bronze

I guess I should just stop playing the game then
Play for fun!

Apathy

I really wish we could get more options for color for the crosshairs. Like a color wheel or thickness or to make it just stand out. The color options are too basic right now.

Gorillaz

10 game winning streak? Damn

I can't even hold a 4 game winning streak

I called it quits after it because I knew it was lucky since it was all solo queuing. I kept getting matched with some of the same people funny enough so it made it easier. The funny thing is the next day I played lost like 4 in a row. Rollercoaster of emotions lol.

Said it in here earlier but honestly I feel like I get better teams later in the night like around 10 or 11.

KillGore

Said it in here earlier but honestly I feel like I get better teams later in the night like around 10 or 11.

The same thing happens to me on PS4. I start playing like at 8pm and the matches are pretty even or pretty terrible. After 11pm I start getting more wins. Friends say it gets even easier like at 2am

Gorillaz

The same thing happens to me on PS4. I start playing like at 8pm and the matches are pretty even or pretty terrible. After 11pm I start getting more wins. Friends say it gets even easier like at 2am

I usually can't go that late personally lol but yea wouldn't be surprised since at that timeslot probably due to the people playing then probably have a good "jist" of the game and are trying to do better

Jellie

I called it quits after it because I knew it was lucky since it was all solo queuing. I kept getting matched with some of the same people funny enough so it made it easier. The funny thing is the next day I played lost like 4 in a row. Rollercoaster of emotions lol.

Probably because the trolls can't stay up past their bed times.

Last night was the first time I played Overwatch After Dark in a long time, and yeah, people were friendly as hell. We even joined up with strangers for a run of games. And all the game chat was respectful. Lots of "ggwp" from people who lost.

Late night games on the weekdays are best, for sure

Sometimes VERY late at night (when barely anyone is playing), matchmaking puts you with very low level or high level players depending on who is active. I played really late last week and got grouped up with level 20 players; it was really ugly.

10PM-2AM seems okay. Anything later and it is Overwatch on release all over again for me.

PeterGAF

Banned
Is there a way to record an entire match on Xbox without just using my phone? Clips are only like 30 seconds I think.
If you stream to windows 10 and use the windows 10 game DVR (or game capture or whatever it's called) to record the stream you should be able to record as long as you'd like from your computer

Fugu

Because it almost is. It's what 20 for the first 2-3? Then jumps to 40?. Losing starts st 20-3? When I went on s 10 game win streak last week I started getting like 60-70 SR near the end

You can legit play for 3 hours and not go anywhere
You should be able to play for three hours and not go anywhere. I'm more skeptical of being able to play three hours, win most of your games, and gain a small percentage of the SR that you would've gotten had you won those games consecutively.

LiK

Mei can actually snipe with her alt-fire if that player was good enough.

Anne

Expecting to make real SR progress in 3 hours shouldn't be a thing. Should take a significant time investment to gain/lose rank. Oh well. I'm just gonna blame the short season cycle.

MartyStu

I dunno about higher levels, but at lower levels, Mercy already feels like a better pick to Ana pre-Nerf. Just had one rez 5 times on the second point of Anubis.

We still won, but shit...

antitrop

I dunno about higher levels, but at lower levels, Mercy already feels like a better pick to Ana pre-Nerf. Just had one rez 5 times on the second point of Anubis.

We still won, but shit...

I foresee a Rez charge nerf in the future. Maybe not the near-future, but that shit charges so fast it's actually ridiculous. I think a slight Rez charge nerf and some buffs in other places would put her in a good spot.

Mercy is very similar to pre-nerf Mei, in that if the battle goes on long enough, she can get 2 ults in the same fight.

Vitanimus

I foresee a Rez charge nerf in the future. Maybe not the near-future, but that shit charges so fast it's actually ridiculous. I think a slight Rez charge nerf and some buffs in other places would put her in a good spot.

Mercy is very similar to pre-nerf Mei, in that if the battle goes on long enough, she can get 2 ults in the same fight.

I sorta agree. By the time the enemy team has fully recovered on the point I'm usually well on my to 50%-70% ult depending on the comp.

antitrop

I sorta agree. By the time the enemy team has fully recovered on the point I'm usually well on my to 50%-70% ult depending on the comp.

A rez charge nerf would be delicate, though, since rapid tempo rez's are more valuable now than the hide for big team rez's of Season 1.

Maybe even just a slight nerf would completely fuck her up, I dunno.

Gorillaz

Mercy is the one healer I can't do well with. I can't dance around bullets and the enemy team that well as her when im up close with the team. Lucio yea but not mercy.

anti halp

antitrop

Mercy is the one healer I can't do well with. I can't dance around bullets and the enemy team that well as her when im up close with the team. Lucio yea but not mercy.

anti halp
It's all about the Guardian Angel cancels. Even just GA'ing to someone the minimum distance away from you makes Mercy bounce up in an unpredictable manner.

Even when you don't think you're in danger, you should still be rotating around your team with GA, because it makes the enemy team's callouts on your position (if they're bothering) outdated literally every 2 seconds.

Feathering Angelic Descent can also make Mercy harder to hit in the same way DSPStanky uses his Crossfades, by varying the movement speed.

Pocketing one teammate too much also makes your positioning waaaaayyyyyy too easy to read for enemy divers. You really should be rotating around the team as often as possible and pocketing specific people only when they need it.

kirblar

It's all about the Guardian Angel cancels. Even just GA'ing to someone the minimum distance away from you makes Mercy bounce up in an unpredictable manner.

Even when you don't think you're in danger, you should still be rotating around your team with GA, because it makes the enemy team's callouts on your position (if they're bothering) outdated literally every 2 seconds.
Yeah, hitting a mercy is a gigantic pain in the ass. Pharah's much easier.

Vitanimus

anti halp

+1 to this. Mercy's greatest strength is her mobility and GA should basically always be on cooldown if you can.

We should probably start thinking about a new OT title, eh?

Overwatch |OT9| No parking
Overwatch |OT9| 25 is not who you think it is
Overwatch |OT9| Now featuring a robotic cow
Overwatch |OT9| Dedicated to all the Hanzo mains out there
Overwatch |OT9| Hooked from Dorado to Point 2 of Ilios

Vitanimus

Placement montage is a good idea. Wish I could make montages. Only recorded one game so far anyway so wouldn't have enough content anyway. :(

You should make one when season 4 ends too.

There were a few games I forgot to record. I think I had only 6 placement matches to work with for it but figured it'd be enough. I'll see if I can climb to diamond this season and put some effort in!

Vitanimus

Nice video, I enjoyed it. :)

That 5x on Volskaya was hot

Thanks! My first 5x rez ever
BtQEkCS.gif

Azoor

We should probably start thinking about a new OT title, eh?

Overwatch |OT9| No parking
Overwatch |OT9| 25 is not who you think it is
Overwatch |OT9| Now featuring a robotic cow
Overwatch |OT9| Dedicated to all the Hanzo mains out there
Overwatch |OT9| Hooked from Dorado to Point 2 of Ilios

Overwatch |OT9| Cow level? We have a cow Hero!
Overwatch |OT9| Barrierwatch
Overwatch |OT9| Bastion is dead! Long live Bastion!

That's all I have for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom