• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should probably start thinking about a new OT title, eh?

Overwatch |OT9| No parking
Overwatch |OT9| 25 is not who you think it is
Overwatch |OT9| Now featuring a robotic cow
Overwatch |OT9| Dedicated to all the Hanzo mains out there
Overwatch |OT9| Hooked from Dorado to Point 2 of Ilios

Overwatch |OT9| Cow level? We have a cow Hero!
Overwatch |OT9| Barrierwatch
Overwatch |OT9| Bastion is dead! Long live Bastion!

That's all I have for now.

This is what I got off the top of my head

Cult of Doomfist
Jeff didn't Nerf Ana-thing
Ironclad Posting only
The Barrier Meta has Arrived!

I gave that ago

I"m going to need friends, on pc, on that level. So playing for fun might be a dead dream. Maybe the game will be a good video game , next season.

That solo que seems like the opposite of " playing for fun"

Feel free to add me man. Who do you play? Karsticles#1474

KiraFA37

Overwatch |OT9| Orissa Crisis?
Overwatch |OT9| We welcome our Omnic Overlords!
Overwatch |OT9| Praise Kaplan!
Overwatch |OT9| PTR Edition, we don't tweak anything for live.

Yea don't know any good ones since its really quite sans the Orissa release.

Also that moment when you the enemy team is 1 round way from a win on KotH and it turns 5v6 in your favor and still can't, feelsbad.jpg . That being said we were never able to counter their Pharah who was ripping us up.

Blues1990

With the help of Blu, I was able to get to Platinum (2518), but the road to getting there was a big ball of stress. Either you get players that were being toxic (Mercy Player: "This Reinhardt isn't protecting me from the big, mean bullies." Me: "Well, yeah. Maybe you should stand behind my shield, rather than IN FRONT of it.") or wanted to throw the game.

Great games, Blu. Maybe things will be better later in the week.

antitrop

With the help of Blu, I was able to get to Platinum (2518), but the road to getting there was a big ball of stress. Either you get players that were being toxic (Mercy Player: "This Reinhardt isn't protecting me from the big, mean bullies." Me: "Well, yeah. Maybe you should stand behind my shield, rather than IN FRONT of it.") or wanted to throw the game.

Great games, Blu. Maybe things will be better later in the week.

Should have told her that her Shift is on a 2 second cooldown and there's really no reason for her to be standing in front of or even behind the shield.

Fugu

Overbuff has an... interesting method for calculating wins and losses:
- I have played a single game as Lucio this season (which I won); Overbuff considers my record with Lucio to be 1-1 despite my ingame win percentage reading 100%.
- I played a session earlier where I went 3-0. My Mei was credited with a loss.
- I played another session where I went 3-1. I was given a loss on three characters and a win on three characters.

I don't care too much about this stuff but I do find it very funny.

2647 so a long way!
I was placed in gold and now I'm at 3254. You've just got to believe.

...And also communicate with your teammates and pick good heroes.

Last season, I won a game with Zenyatta, but it was credited to him as a loss (though the total amount of w-l was still correct). It was the only time I played Zenyatta in that season.

antitrop

- I have played a single game as Lucio this season (which I won); Overbuff considers my record with Lucio to be 1-1 despite my ingame win percentage reading 100%.
- I played a session earlier where I went 3-0. My Mei was credited with a loss.
- I played another session where I went 3-1. I was given a loss on three characters and a win on three characters.
Yup, I'm 3-0 with Rein this season, but Overbuff says 2-1 for no actual reason. I didn't even play Rein and switch off him in a game I lost.

There was 1 game where I played Rein on attack and Zen on defense, and we won, and it counted as a loss for both Zen and Rein. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Skii

Why does no one use Reaper in dive comps anymore?

Also |OT| WRESTLE. WITH. JEFF.

Well Reaper is the worst hero in the game atm. And I don't see any meta changes that will make him relevant. Like he was arguably the worst DPS vs the tank meta in S3 lol.

antitrop

Well Reaper is the worst hero in the game atm. And I don't see any meta changes that will make him relevant. Like he was arguably the worst DPS vs the tank meta in S3 lol.

Maybe Reaper should have a special armor penetration passive. He's still one of the only characters that hasn't been buffed or nerfed in any way since launch.

Blues1990

Should have told her that her Shift is on a 2 second cooldown and there's really no reason for her to be standing in front of or even behind the shield.

Regardless, the person was really toxic (apparently, Blu said that Mercy players are the most volatile out of support mains), so that really bummed me out.

antitrop

Regardless, the person was really toxic (apparently, Blu said that Mercy players are the most volatile out of support mains), so that really bummed me out.
A lot of Mercies mistake her low mechanical skill ceiling for NO mechanical skill ceiling and never learn how to GA effectively.

That one ability alone is pretty much the difference between a good Mercy and a bad one. If you're not GA'ing, you're just gonna fucking die all the time and get salty as shit.

I'm pretty proud of my low average death stat, and it didn't happen by constantly depending on my teammates to save me.

Fugu

A lot of Mercies mistake her low mechanical skill ceiling for NO mechanical skill ceiling and never learn how to GA effectively.
There are a lot of people out there with dozens of hours on Mercy that don't realize that Guardian Angel can (and often should) be cancelled mid-flight

Skii

Maybe Reaper should have a special armor penetration passive. He's still one of the only characters that hasn't been buffed or nerfed in any way since launch.

Yeah, I know Rein and Tracer haven't been touched but they are some of the best heroes in the game.

It's weird they've left it this long. It's been more than 3 months since he's been the worst DPS and he couldnt do anything vs the meta you'd expect him to counter so I don't know what Blizzard are waiting for. Maybe any buffs they've tried have made him too op.

NeoRaider

If they clearly don't want to touch Soldier now, like they won't. They should at least nerf his Helix Rockets because he can kill 200hp heroes so fast and easy. For example with Sombra i need to shoot him like 2-3 sec. to kill him and only thing he has to do is click M1 and then M2. That's just not ok at all. Plus his healing every few sec. is fucking frustrating. With many heroes it's so hard to win 1v1 against him. His gun does too much dmg, i am not sure why they don't want to touch him.

Jellie

If they clearly don't want to touch Soldier now, like they won't. They should at least nerf his Helix Rockets because he can kill 200hp heroes so fast and easy. For example with Sombra i need to shoot him like 2-3 sec. to kill him and only thing he has to do is click M1 and then M2. That's just not ok at all. Plus his healing every few sec. is fucking frustrating. With many heroes it's so hard to win 1v1 against him. His gun does too much dmg, i am not sure why they don't want to touch him.

Shouldn't be going after soldier as sombra anyway. Unless they are terrible then maybe if you hack him or get close enough.

NeoRaider

Shouldn't be going after soldier as sombra anyway. Unless they are terrible then maybe if you hack him or get close enough.

I actually do that a lot, lol.
Yeah i am dying but i am also killing.

I don't think i have "don't do it alone" hero when i play with Sombra. I am just trying to kill everything.

Jellie

I actually do that a lot, lol.
Yeah i am dying but i am also killing.

I don't think i have "don't do it alone" hero when i play with Sombra. I am just trying to kill everything.

Eh I prefer making 1 v 1s a 2 v 1 with Sombra. See genji diving your support, hack him and he's dead. Same with Tracer. I stay away from Mccree, soldier and pharah. They can kill you without their CDs.

antitrop

On the topic of Mercy's, the following might offend some people.
Just got the huge rez achievement in a comp game.
I was so close to Rapid Discord the other day, must have missed it by just a second. x.x

I don't know why that chievo is so fucking hard, Zen is my second most played hero and I still don't have it.

Vitanimus

I still haven't gotten Dva's x4 ult kill achievement.
oexTA6a.gif

antitrop

That's one of the first i got. It was so easy to get when game was released.
The bomb fuse has been reduced from 4 seconds to 3 seconds since launch, so wouldn't it be easier now? Is there something else I'm missing? I'm not gonna lie, the only time I played D.Va was when she had 400 Armor 200 HP, so I really don't know.

Was it just because people were all bad at running away from it?

NeoRaider

The bomb fuse has been reduced from 4 seconds to 3 seconds since launch, so wouldn't it be easier now? Is there something else I'm missing? I'm not gonna lie, the only time I played D.Va was when she had 400 Armor 200 HP, so I really don't know.

Not really. It's mostly about other player being aware of her Ulti now and knowing exactly where to hide. At the beggining they were just running around waiting to be killed lol.

Gotta boost Ana's sleep dart. Run around the corner and then hear high noon going off. Make it instant

Also I had a really good hanzo moment with another hanzo players we both head shot each other at the same time lol

Ambient80

Was it just because people were all bad at running away from it?
Basically. No one really knew what it was, so they just saw a flashing thing flying, then BOOM!

Basically. No one really knew what it was, so they just saw a flashing thing flying, then BOOM!

Actually, most people at that time didn't even know you could throw it, so it usually just got dropped while D.Va was stationary. When you actually did throw it though, you could expect at least a couple people to be totally caught off guard.

caesar

Banned

Worst hero in the game is junkrat. Reaper might be bottom 5 though depending on how you look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom