• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitanimus

Would Junkrat be more viable if he could lay multiple traps? :thinking:

Edit: Might as well use the top of page for promo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX_EfzSm21Y
fan.gif

KillGore

So I was in a comp match on Hanamura. We were attacking and I was using Mei. Threw her ultimate at the main gate and...nothing happened. There was no DVA or Genji, so what could've happened? It just disappeared.

Jellie

So I was in a comp match on Hanamura. We were attacking and I was using Mei. Threw her ultimate at the main gate and...nothing happened. There was no DVA or Genji, so what could've happened? It just disappeared.

Did you get hooked while throwing it?

Skii

Worst hero in the game is junkrat. Reaper might be bottom 5 though depending on how you look at it.

I dunno. Junkrat at least is viable on certain maps like Nepal sanctum or Anubis and is generally okay on cheese strats. When can you really say "we need a Reaper"? Even if the enemy Winston is carrying, why not go Roadhog? He's just the worst I think because he has no role in this game. He doesn't do his job as a tank buster/flanker/main DPS better than any of the other DPS heroes.

Probably being a bit too harsh but he seems to have the lowest pick rate at like masters and up I think.

Veelk

Banned
I dunno. Junkrat at least is viable on certain maps like Nepal sanctum or Anubis and is generally okay on cheese strats. When can you really say "we need a Reaper"? Even if the enemy Winston is carrying, why not go Roadhog? He's just the worst I think because he has no role in this game. He doesn't do his job as a tank buster/flanker/main DPS better than any of the other DPS heroes.

Probably being a bit too harsh but he seems to have the lowest pick rate at like masters and up I think.

I don't think he had this problem back before Soldier got his buff. He was good because he was the best in sheer damage potential in certain situations. But soldier just made him irrelevant because other than an unreasonably close point blank situation, you're going to get way more damage out of soldier than reaper in any given encounter (and even point blank can be won in certain cases).

Reaper self heals for every kill he gets, has powerful weapons, can turn intangible to save himself, and has a good ult. It's only his teleport that could use some work. But why bother when you can just piss damage with Soldier.

Vitanimus

It would seem more fitting character/lore wise if Reader's wraith form reset on enemy death instead of Genji's swift strike. I always found it weird that Genji had this weird exclusive mechanic attached to him.

Skii

I don't think he had this problem back before Soldier got his buff. He was good because he was the best in sheer damage potential in certain situations. But soldier just made him irrelevant because other than an unreasonably close point blank situation, you're going to get way more damage out of soldier than reaper in any given encounter (and even point blank can be won in certain cases).

Reaper self heals for every kill he gets, has powerful weapons, can turn intangible to save himself, and has a good ult. It's only his teleport that could use some work. But why bother when you can just piss damage with Soldier.

Soldier does slightly affect his pick rate but he's not really the reason. The main reason being that Reaper's abilities don't really allow him to do his job in the current meta. But buffing Reaper I imagine will be difficult to do.

It would seem more fitting character/lore wise if Reader's wraith form reset on enemy death instead of Genre's swift strike. I always found it weird that Genji had this weird exclusive mechanic attached to him.

Reaper's wraith form resetting? what lol. I don't see how that benefits him.

Genji's swift strike resets is intrinsically tied to him. Without it, he wouldn't be picked. It basically makes him what he is.

Village

That moment when you realize you aren't playing Mercy right at all.

The fun thing about a lot of games is when you realize that you can play a character a completely different effective way. Mechanically overwatch allows for this quite a bit.

I personally like to play reaper and sombra as wide receivers on some maps

Vitanimus

Reaper's wraith form resetting? what lol. I don't see how that benefits him.

Genji's swift strike resets is intrinsically tied to him. Without it, he wouldn't be picked. It basically makes him what he is.

I know I know, that's why I said from purely a character/lore perspective.

KanameYuuki

So is it safe to assume the patch with hero and changes will go live this Tuesday for consoles?

Decided to take a break a few days ago while Bastion still has his Ironclad unchanged on PS4.

Kito

Mercy ult buff has done wonders; I just hit Master rank on PC. The Zen solo ult meme is basically what I do with rez. Flanker gets that one opportunity to kill me in a 4 minute round, I survive it with rez, and nobody gets to touch me again.

4 losses in a row due to trolls. It's usually safe playing at this hour lol

Since it's not on my main I don't care about losing at this rank, but I would like to have at least one good game today. I don't think it's asking too much.

Owzers

4 losses in a row due to trolls. It's usually safe playing at this hour lol

Since it's not on my main I don't care about losing at this rank, but I would like to have at least one good game today. I don't think it's asking too much.
I'm going to play again as soon as my voice is back and the coughing diminishes more, add me to your true skill rank account friend list. I don't have a second account, I only play like I do.

kirblar

If they clearly don't want to touch Soldier now, like they won't. They should at least nerf his Helix Rockets because he can kill 200hp heroes so fast and easy. For example with Sombra i need to shoot him like 2-3 sec. to kill him and only thing he has to do is click M1 and then M2. That's just not ok at all. Plus his healing every few sec. is fucking frustrating. With many heroes it's so hard to win 1v1 against him. His gun does too much dmg, i am not sure why they don't want to touch him.
Yeah, the rockets feel really dumb playing against him while without them he feels super fair.

3 wins in a row, 2 with trolls on the other team that gave up on defending just because we finished the map on attack. Disgusting.

I'm going to play again as soon as my voice is back and the coughing diminishes more, add me to your true skill rank account friend list. I don't have a second account, I only play like I do.

Sent you a message from my main a few days ago, was wondering what's going on. Already sent you a FR from my alt, only playing there for now.

No one seems to be playing this anymore when I log in with my main. Too many good games released at once.

hypernima

Banned
3 wins in a row, 2 with trolls on the other team that gave up on defending just because we finished the map on attack. Disgusting.

Sent you a message from my main a few days ago, was wondering what's going on. Already sent you a FR from my alt, only playing there for now.

No one seems to be playing this anymore when I log in with my main. Too many good games released at once.

I dunno your main dude, add me on my main too!

Owzers

I haven't played any games for over a week, not even Zelda. I was going to explore a world!

Playing in a duo on my alt account and I had some of the worst games I've ever had. I forgot how toxic and just plain idiotic Platinum/low Diamond is. The absolute worst ranks in the game.

Something really awesome happened today.

We were defending the last checkpoint in Numbani and we were crushing the other team with the payload behind us. We chased them a bit too far to finish them off and somehow the enemy Genji was on the payload almost reaching the checkpoint by himself. I rush to the payload as D.va with the rest of the team but we wouldn't make it in time... but then our Mercy respawns and 1vs1 the Genji winning the fight.

She just stays on top the payload while the rest of the team thanks her like we were "worshiping" her. We are not worthy ;_;

Mercy <3

It's amazing how this game is like a Major seesaw.....with one side of the seesaw being Hell, and the other side of the Seesaw being Heavenly....

When you got trolls/leavers/people who refuse to communicate and work as a team, etc, it's the WORST...

But man, when you get people all working together, and everyone actually being competent at what they are playing....and you are playing a team that is likewise so it's a very competitive match, and you end up winning those very tough/competitive matches because you out strategize them in the end.....it literally gives you a high.

One moment, its the prior, then later, it's the latter.

had 2 back to back wins now with both teams coordinating and working together, communicating, adapting to problems and coming up with solutions....thus quick synergy happened both times. If only the game could always be like this. win or lose, THAT is when the game is at it's best.

Ended last season in Diamond, finished my Placements 8-2 this morning, but I got dumped in Platinum? I guess I don't fully understand the placement system yet.

Fortunately I was able to scrape back to Diamond this afternoon but I really thought I was going to be placed mid-Diamond to begin with.

Also, Sym feels a bit too good on both offense and defense now that the tank meta is starting to hit the brakes very slightly with the D.Va nerfs. I'm 12 wins 3 losses with Sym this season so far (and I still get "errrgguugghh Attack Sym realllllly?" during the start of most of my matches).

Holy fuck, Hanamura B is plain hell, we lasted nearly 2min on attack with at least 1 teammate staying on point. I was reaper and got to use two ultimates in that timespan without dying until the very end when we lost, how does that even happen.

Also, Sym feels a bit too good on both offense and defense now that the tank meta is starting to hit the brakes very slightly with the D.Va nerfs. I'm 12 wins 3 losses with Sym this season so far (and I still get "errrgguugghh Attack Sym realllllly?" during the start of most of my matches).

alot of dps don't know how to deal with sym.

Neoxon

I just got out of a lobby with max everything. My head hurts a tiny bit from all the info I had to process at once, but I loved it! Now the actual game feels so slow by comparison. It's like gaining access to the Speed Force, only to lose it after a day.

I just got out of a lobby with max everything. My head hurts a tiny bit from all the info I had to process at once, but I loved it! Now the actual game feels so slow by comparison. It's like gaining access to the Speed Force, only to lose it after a day.

I played close to an hour of that the other night and yeah, it's a glorious nightmare. It's so goofy and so stupid fast. I was exhausted afterwards from the processing and hysterical laughter.

It's amazing how this game is like a Major seesaw.....with one side of the seesaw being Hell, and the other side of the Seesaw being Heavenly....

When you got trolls/leavers/people who refuse to communicate and work as a team, etc, it's the WORST...

But man, when you get people all working together, and everyone actually being competent at what they are playing....and you are playing a team that is likewise so it's a very competitive match, and you end up winning those very tough/competitive matches because you out strategize them in the end.....it literally gives you a high.

One moment, its the prior, then later, it's the latter.

had 2 back to back wins now with both teams coordinating and working together, communicating, adapting to problems and coming up with solutions....thus quick synergy happened both times. If only the game could always be like this. win or lose, THAT is when the game is at it's best.

Agree with everything you said. I would add that even losing those ultra-competitive games where both teams are firing on all cylinders and adapting on the fly gives me a high as well. Losing a great game doesn't make the game any less great to me. GGEZ on either side is the curse of Overwatch for me. Wins feel cheap, losses feel demoralizing.

The more I train and watch footage to improve, the more I lose. Such a toxic environment too. I am giving up.

Well, okay, there is some hope. I just had a decent game that was ruined my servers issues. Some people in the game commented on the lag and server issues that started happening in the second round; I got disconnected twice and everyone around me was stuck in walking animation. I am fairly certain it isn't from my connection, since I have decent speed, no interference from devices and no one sucking bandwidth around; it only happens in OW.

Anyway, I lost 22 from the previous toxic match, and then I gained 45 points from my recent win LOL; I am almost up to gold. I am not sure if I should continue; this is very discouraging. I know that I will most likely get stuck between 2000-2500SR because of my connection, even if I became a solid player. I don't know why am I not using my Mic though. I feel like it is futile in most cases since most of the players I meet don't like to communicate that much and just want to play; mic is essential for proper OW games. Actually, I am starting to think that the reason why QP is a shitshow of fast stomping is because players are learning strategies that need mics to be countered or implemented.

I had good clutch games when my QP MMR was high. When I started practicing some heroes, it kinda dropped but I am thinking that it is because of the time when I play.

Why not just increase the cooldown? And lower his weapon damage a bit.

I think that making his auto recoil pattern worse, and making it kick in faster will help make Soldier a bit more difficult to use. That way, you have to have good control of burst shots and recoil, and land head shots as much as you can. He is supposed to be played in mid-range by burst shooting into heroes' crit hitboxes, but a lot of people get away with his easy recoil control and overall damage. His pressure alone is good to push teams and break barriers to begin with.

Yeah I do think that Soldier is both too accessible and effective. He shouldn't be nerfed in away that decreases his effectiveness; he is balanced as he is now.

edgefusion

5 draw games back to back on PS4. Nobody seems to be able to break anyone's defenses in the new turret meta. Reinhardt, torb, bastion and mercy huddled down together seems to be unbreakable.

Edit: Make that 6

Yager

Banned
What a shitty weekend of competitive.

Attack on Route 66, one guy picks Widow. 95% of the time dude was dead, like, he would come out of respawn an instantly die. After the match I send a polite message to this guy telling him that maybe next time she could try switching heroes, because we needed a bit more of attack. Dude answers "got gold elm, how about you? it was your fault". I was playing Ana. Proceed to answer that, dude replies back "on my main account I'm master, stfu". Ok.

Nepal:

Dude picks Torb. His teammate picks Ana and spends the entire fucking game only healing him. Third round, about to lose, I send him a message asking him if he could change, because we needed another attack hero. Of course dude replies telling me "gold elms, your fault". I was with Lucio.

Like, seriously, do some people think that the game is about killing? And how can you be proud of your gold elms if you've only killed like 8 people? How does that help the team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom