• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
i mean

pharah's pretty busted the second 76 gets a deserved nerf. her dumb flight buff makes it so pretty much ONLY her counters can deal with her

Nah she still gets checked by zen + mccree. I honestly still prefer to use mccree to deal with pharah, or I would if I wasn't so garbage as him.

When I'm on though I definitely feel like I delete pharah faster as mccree than s76.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Can't speak for OW but Blizzard designed an entire WoW expansion trying to appeal to the Chinese market.

So I'd say it's pretty big

Nah she still gets checked by zen + mccree. I honestly still prefer to use mccree to deal with pharah, or I would if I wasn't so garbage as him.

When I'm on though I definitely feel like I delete pharah faster as mccree than s76.

mccree's damage falloff right now is too high to reliably deal with pharah. you probably still want to pair him with another hitscan hero if you want to shut pharah down.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Mei skin kind of looks bad to me.

I think her giant Mega Man legs being so core to her model makes it hard to make a good skin for her. DVa's skin looks incredible though.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
mccree's damage falloff right now is too high to reliably deal with pharah. you probably still want to pair him with another hitscan hero if you want to shut pharah down.

Which is why I think ana and zen should be helping with taking her down, because 75dmg burst (hell, most times I'll take her down alone) and discord is needed especially if there's a mercy riding with her.

I still kinda think soldier is not amazing at dealing with pharah without some assistance, especially if it's a pharmercy combo because he just doesn't have the burst.

Anas should defo help soldier focus pharahs down. Zens too.

Yeah it's annoying when you're expected to shut down the Pharah straight away with no help, while the other 5 players on the enemy team are on your ass.

They're giving her a skirt when she dives into her meka face first?

AbaFadi

Banned
So OW Gaf, if your rating has dropped recently I assure you that you don't have it bad. I've had the biggest drops in SR ever recently.

4100-> 3400. A bit disheartening but I never focused on ratings anyway, otherwise I would've stopped playing. I just play it out solo queue and focus on playing well & playing to get better. It will be a challenge to climb out of this one.. haha

On pc I dropped from mid 3800's to diamond. I know I can recover, but I've lost all interest in playing for a while. Solo q either works so well or so terribly.

Kenai

I knew I wouldn't be sad i missed out on the Mei-rry skin.

But I want that D Va one too and don't have enough for both.

And what if Lucio or someone else i play get one too?

Ugh.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I knew I wouldn't be sad i missed out on the Mei-rry skin.

But I want that D Va one too and don't have enough for both.

And what if Lucio or someone else i play get one too?

Ugh.

Doubt they'll have just 2 skins

Hanzo, Symmetra and Bastion are due for legendary skins. Technically Genji and Rein are due for a holiday legendary.

Having to convince the PS4 group that Lucio is a speed character. Smh.

Fun games, bummer about those KOTH rounds, but we still had a winning record overall.

I'm sad that I can't play support if we want to win. :(

AbaFadi

Banned

Fun games, bummer about those KOTH rounds, but we still had a winning record overall.

I like playing rein but I never can since nothing seems to die if I'm not on D.Va or Zarya :(

I played for 7 and a half hours straight and at the end of the day ended with less than 100 points higher since I started

:(

Whatever I shouldn't complain, a climb is a climb

I'm not convinced, he's always going to be a healing character to me.
Because I refuse to accept that I played him "wrong" during so many hours D:

Playing Reaper with that speed was a fucking blast though, shame we couldn't take those KOTH games. But overall it was a really nice day for the group.

Koth was frustrating, I need those Mercy wins to push Ana out of the meta.

Those KOTH maps were rough. I hit my season high then we got those KOTH games and I immediately dropped 50 points.

Tried to play another comp game, got Oasis and lost that one 3-2 so I took that as a sign that I should stop playing comp for a while.

The kicker? Went to QP, picked Torb to fuck around on a shit team defending Numbani with no healers. And we won that. That's Overwatch for ya!

rulerk1

Can't even play Sombra with all of these Rein protecting Bastions cheese comps. Sym got so cocky she put shield generator on top of the gas station. Four of them rage quit at the result screen because of the steamroll we did on them. Pls don't nerf soldier blizz :(

GUPEqqa.jpg

bonus:
xgC5RxR.jpg

Zen Aku

Lost 5 games tonight.

In 1 game got gold elim (31), objective kill (25) and healing with zen (16k) and bronze damage. All we needed was a Rein, but no, DVA and Roadhog are good enough. Our McCree didn't even take care of the Tracer that was just wrecking our backline, Genji ulted and aimed for the tanks, couldnt kill anyone... and not the Mercy or Ana whom he could kill in 2 slashes.

I hate this game.

Dropped down to the 2700s again, basically removing all progress from Monday.

I've gotten some absolutely awful teammates tonight. Is Wednesday night just Saltwatch or something?

Nimby

Banned
Apparent leak of the new event besides D.Va and Mei:

New costumes for:
Genji "Dragon Dancer"
Mercy "Feather-trimmed dress to celebrate Year of the Rooster"

New costumes(?)
Symmetra "Dragon-head turrets"
Junkrat "Something about a firecracker"

Don't know if that's accurate or not, source was very weird.

Earlier when I was in the ps4 group tonight I was bitching about my game freaking out.

Recorded it, anyone experience something similar?

https://youtu.be/5KePP-rEB4s

Yes, even worse than that sometimes. In your case the characters were doing short range teleportation, I had some instances when my games looked like a DBZ fight lol

Not lately though fortunately. Sometimes my game freezes for a few seconds, but then resumes normally, it doesn't kick me out.

Apathy

god damn i wish there was a banning system for my own team. Offensive syms are by far the most useless, just full blown waste of time for 5 other players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom