• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cappa

Banned
Im curious to see how long this event lasts. It just announces January 24th, but it doesnt say till what date. Maybe it isnt an actual event and theyre just going to release the skins?

Edit: nevermind google has answered my question looks like it will be a huge event

http://www.polygon.com/2017/1/18/14319662/overwatch-chinese-new-year-event-year-of-the-rooster

Blizzard spokesperson confirmed to Polygon that Overwatch's Year of the Rooster event will be similar in scope to previous game events, such as Halloween Terror and Winter Wonderland. Those limited-time events included new character skins, sprays, voice lines, emotes and other cosmetic items. They also featured new gameplay modes, like Junkenstein's Revenge and Mei's Snowball Offensive.

Azoor

I am pleasantly surprised at the pace they have been releasing these events as of Halloween Terror.

It seems like they have learned how to timely release new content without letting us feel any drought, especially when they added the Arcade Mode.

Im curious to see how long this event lasts. It just announces January 24th, but it doesnt say till what date. Maybe it isnt an actual event and theyre just going to release the skins?

Edit: nevermind google has answered my question looks like it will be a huge event

http://www.polygon.com/2017/1/18/14319662/overwatch-chinese-new-year-event-year-of-the-rooster

Fuck. Guessing this is going to be the last one for awhile considering there's no Valentine's or Easter's event.

NeoRaider

OMG that Mei skin!!!!
Who will care about her Winter skin after 24th??

Edit: D.Va too!! Screaming!!!!! I don't have enough coins!!!!!!!!! :(

NeoRaider

I am not a fan of MEKA, but D.Va looks sooo good:

pegSher.png

Edit: Actually i like everything about it.

Mei:

JeG0gnS.png

IceMarker

That D.Va nerf is gonna be soooooo good when it gets pushed to live. I could care less if that hero falls into the deep dark pit of obscurity it deserves.

Cappa

Banned
There are people arguing that DVAs skin is to "revealing" and that Mei is not revealing enough and that shes fat.

People are strange.

Also, good to see that Mei actually has fingers!!!!!

Blues1990

I am not a fan of MEKA, but D.Va looks sooo good:

pegSher.png

Edit: Actually i like everything about it.

Mei:

JeG0gnS.png

I'm loving both of these outfits, and I can't wait to hear what new voice lines (both skin-context & purchasable) these two will have.

It's hard to tell, but is Snowball supposed to resemble a dragon?

Wow I wasn't expecting that, right after christmas.

I'm going to assume that we will have 12 new skins again then, with some highlight intros and emotes too. Nice :)

Skii

I'm interested to see if it will be an Epic or a Legendary, what with his ONI Legendary being a recent addition.

I assume all 4 East Asian characters will get legendaries and Symmetra will get a more detailed epic? Maybe she gets legendary as well.

So they only should release skins for viable heroes? Poor widowmaker mains. :(

Widowmaker is a lot more viable than most DPS atm lol.

Cappa

Banned
Wow I wasn't expecting that, right after christmas.

I'm going to assume that we will have 12 new skins again then, with some highlight intros and emotes too. Nice :)
Hopefully, and hopefully they add all the custom emote wheel stuff and extra voice lines to console as well.
Widowmaker is a lot more viable than most DPS atm lol.

As a console pleb, she isnt lol but yeah on PC for sure. I always see people on PC giving people who pick Widowmaker a ton of shit though. There was an article on Kotaku yesterday about it.

I always see people on PC giving people who pick Widowmaker a ton of shit though. There was an article on Kotaku yesterday about it.

That's because Widow requires a lot more skill than other hitscan DPS characters and she gets countered hard by a shit load of heroes. Basically, Widow should be a situational pick, but a lot of people just pull her out on maps where she won't be particularly useful unless you're someone who has god-like aiming and really good awareness of your surroundings. Hell, I'd say I'm a pretty average player and at my level, I can just charge shot kill most widows as a Zenyatta. They're always standing in one spot lining up a shot straight in front of them and always forget to check their flanks.

ISOM

That's because Widow requires a lot more skill than other hitscan DPS characters and she gets countered hard by a shit load of heroes. Basically, Widow should be a situational pick, but a lot of people just pull her out on maps where she won't be particularly useful unless you're someone who has god-like aiming and really good awareness of your surroundings. Hell, I'd say I'm a pretty average player and at my level, I can just charge shot kill most widows as a Zenyatta. They're always standing in one spot lining up a shot straight in front of them and always forget to check their flanks.

And people who often pick Widow have no regards for team comp. Who cares if we have 3 dps and one tank. They gotta play their Widow. Personally as long as Widow slots in as a DPS in a meta sort of way then I don't care.

Blues1990

I assume all 4 East Asian characters will get legendaries and Symmetra will get a more detailed epic? Maybe she gets legendary as well.

Good point. As much as I like Reinhardt & his GLORIOUS skins, the other heroes need some of that love.

I was expecting Hanzo to get a variant of Genji's ONI skin, or a similar ninja-themed cosmetic, during the HOTS promotional event. I'm kind of hoping Winston gets a Sun Wukong Legendary, as the ball needs to keep on rolling for him.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
What's the proper way to wake up a 1v1 target from sleep? Shoot then grenade? Is melee involved in that at all?
I asked this question a few pages ago and it sounds like the answer goes something like:

low health target = shoot > nade > melee = 80 + 60 + 30 = 170 damage

~200 health target = shoot > nade > shoot = 80 + 60 + 80 = 220 damage

~250 health target = shoot > nade > shoot > melee = 80 + 60 + 80 + 30 = 250 damage

tank with high health = run away or call for help

maomaoIYP

I think just figured out what the new Mei skin is supposed to be.
P0Icbdb.jpg

She's supposed to be 嫦娥 Chang Er. In Chinese folklore Chang Er stole the pill of ever lasting youth and ended up flying to the moon. She's typically depicted with that scarf thingy around her neck and her Jade Rabbit, which is what Snowball is supposed to be here. In Taoism Chang Er is worshiped as the moon goddess.
edit: For comparison:
Img391039001.jpg

Blues1990

I think just figured out what the new Mei skin is supposed to be.
P0Icbdb.jpg

She's supposed to be 嫦娥 Chang Er. In Chinese folklore Chang Er stole the pill of ever lasting youth and ended up flying to the moon. She's typically depicted with that scarf thingy around her neck and her Jade Rabbit, which is what Snowball is supposed to be here. In Taoism Chang Er is worshiped as the moon goddess.
edit: For comparison:
Img391039001.jpg
Ah, thank you for providing context behind Mei's new legendary. And it makes much more sense for Snowball to be a rabbit (instead of a dragon, which is what I initially thought).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom