• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

finalflame

1ZwduRF.png

Pleasant surprise, I didn't think this would ship until much later in the year :D

People would be way happier if they just played ranked to have good matches. The constant need to rise and blaming shit teams and elo hell even when you're precicely where you belong is baffling to me.

I agree. This is true for a lot of games with MMR. You have people don't actually like playing but they get hooked by the Skinner box buzz of making the number go up so they keep suffering.

My hidden quick play MMR is all over the place. I get 4.2k people and golds on both teams. There's no semblance of balance. Ranked is where all the loonies are but the deathmatching is more relaxing even if the players aren't. Past seasons I barely touched ranked but I'm enjoying the solo q experience a great deal this time around. Only hard part is that I can't play my mains as much as I like. Soldier is too cherished by some people and Hanzo causes a great deal of butthurt in the spawn room. I actually accidentally lost a game the other day because we were stuck at the eichenwald choke point on attack. Enemy team had a weird lineup with only a solo healer. And our tanks were more scared than they should have been walking through. I made the suggestion, since we had a zarya, that I could go Hanzo and we could combo for a guaranteed wipe. With only Ana they had no answer for dragonstrike. Our Rhein got so upset that I mentioned Hanzo he afk'd in the corner and refused to do anything. I didn't even change characters I just mentioned it as a possibility in voice chat. Apparently, "Hanzo" for some people is a killing word like in Dune and it just destroyed his spirit.

After something like that, nothing to do but chuckle take the loss and move on to the next game.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I feel like on paper they have a good roster but I always feel underwhelmed when I see them. They don't perform as consistently as I think they should.

Also gods on C9? o_o

Anne

I feel like on paper they have a good roster but I always feel underwhelmed when I see them. They don't perform as consistently as I think they should.

Also gods on C9? o_o

yeah, it's been known for awhile that he is replacing KyKy. KyKy is now coaching EnVyUs.

Also, yeah, they have the talent pool to do stuff but Idk if they are a good team. Definitely aren't yet.

holysan

Seeing how Surefour's ult was absorbed right now, I can only whine more about how awful the D.Va matrix is. Make it more visible, make it so it doesn't apply if the D.va is behind you, just something pls

DevilDog

You're telling me. I had one yesterday who grappled into the air and headshot me during their descent.

I'd have applauded if I wasn't too busy frothing.

They still hit headshots when I'm strafing/crouching. I can't believe how talented some people are at aiming. I wanna be a freak with 100ms response time too.

Kysen

They still hit headshots when I'm strafing/crouching. I can't believe how talented some people are at aiming. I wanna be a freak with 100ms response time too.
Yea its crazy how good some people are with hitscan. I watched a widow get potg yesterday 5 headshot kills in a row.

Antiwhippy

This is why I hate getting in pub teams that are so afraid to engage on these static points. Go in, fight, and if we lose at least we build ults for the next fight.

Xzan

-Achieve Season High
-Lose 5 or 6 straight games by no reason
- Struggle 5/4 days to reach your high again
- Victory/Defeat, Victory/Defeat, Victory/Defeat

Repeat ad eternum.

Its like you're describing my comp experience since peaking at the end of December...

I hit 3119 after a ~60% winrate but since then its been a seemingly unending cavalcade of stupid. The close losses I don't mind, its the dumbasses that think 'Group Up' means going in 3v6 that shits me. Let alone the troll picks, the drunks and the stoners.

I normally stick things out but I think I've lost all patience and ended up I leaving my first match last night at the Assembly screen. The team on Attack on Eichenwalde was Zarya (me), Genji, Widow, Pharah, Symmetra and one guy who hadn't picked. Would the last guy pick solo healer or another tank? Solo healer on Attack = Nope, 2 tanks with no heals = Nope, and I was in no mood to waste my breath on people too stupid or selfish to realise we needed some semblance of a balanced comp to convince the others to change. I feel bad but... *eh*

When a team clicks though, its such a good feeling. Especially when you've been on the backfoot for most of the match and still eek out the win. That and learning to love the Rein.

Antiwhippy

It's kinda weird though. You'd expect gods - Zarya, mendo - genji, surefour - Tracer, but instead they switched everyone up.

ISOM

Seeing how Surefour's ult was absorbed right now, I can only whine more about how awful the D.Va matrix is. Make it more visible, make it so it doesn't apply if the D.va is behind you, just something pls

She's gonna be gone next patch if the rumors of her being garbage on PTR is true.

Cappa

Banned
HOLY shit that stick.

I don't know what else they could do with it. Overwatch is clusterfucky by nature.

I guess youre right but surely a scoreboard, minimap, cooldown indicators etc something that allows us the audience to better follow the action can be added? Other hectic FPS seem to be light years ahead of OW when it comes to esports and spectating views.

Blizzard has talked about improving spectator mode plenty of times so they are aware the current state that is OW and Esports spectating is pretty far behind from other popular esport games.

"We want to work on more spectator mode features, in particular for esports. And when we do more for esports we want to add a spectator mode that has a lot of statistics for the match so that broadcasters and observers can surface more to the viewers and I think make a really great experience for viewing esports or competitive Overwatch." - Overwatch game director Jeff Kaplan

I can't wait for D.Va to be gone next week. It'll make things much more fun to watch. Also found a few moments where the Ana nerf would have made a huge difference. So excited for the next patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom