• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISOM

I still don't understand why Hanzo didn't get an Olympics archer outfit like the spray for a skin. It was too obvious.

Blues1990

I still don't understand why Hanzo didn't get an Olympics archer outfit like the spray for a skin. It was too obvious.

Maybe the characters that didn't get an Olympic-theme skin from the event last year will get one for the upcoming Summer Games 2017 event?

Zenyatta's Tang Sanzang skin. (Sun Wukong's Buddhism master)
Winston's Sun Wukong skin. (The monkey king)
Roadhog's Zhu Bajie skin. (The pig monster, another apprentice of Tang Sanzang)
Reinhardt's Sha Heshang skin. (The river monster, yet another apprentice of Tang Sanzang)

It's starting to feel like the same heroes are getting Legendary skins now, but I dunno, still excited to see all of them when the update comes.

I'm also hoping for more PVE. I loved the PVE mode and Overwatch needs more of that.

Blues1990

I am hopeful they still give the Shimada bros epic skins.

6 legendary skins though, that must be a record for these events.

Reinhardt especially has the highest tally of Epic and Legendary skins added since the game was launched last year. Not that I'm complaining, but I just find it weird.

Ambient80

Are we sure these are the only skins coming out? At first we only knew of the Mei and D.Va skins, and now they drop 4 more. Maybe others will be unveiled as we get closer to Tuesday? Hanzo deserves some love.

Also, this reaffirms that Zenyatta is the best character Blizzard has ever designed.

Are we sure these are the only skins coming out? At first we only knew of the Mei and D.Va skins, and now they drop 4 more. Maybe others will be unveiled as we get closer to Tuesday? Hanzo deserves some love.

Also, this reaffirms that Zenyatta is the best character Blizzard has ever designed.

I'm sure there will be recolours with slight adjustments like at christmas and halloween but this is probably it for significant changes

who knows, there might be something along the lines of demon hanzo/vampire symmetra :)

Cappa

Banned

Reinhardt's Sha Heshang skin. (The river monster, yet another apprentice of Tang Sanzang)

oh my God this is amazing.

Theyve released at least 10-12 skins for every event.... so nope, this should not be all. Remember, we still dont know what Genji and Hanzos skins will be, and I think its all but a given that they will get skins... itd be crazy that they didnt.

I get Roadhogs and why they made it, but damn he's gotten 2 events already. Judging by this I'm not hopeful for any more legendaries, which sucks because Hanzo could use one for sure.

Rocketz

that Rein and Zen skin tho.

I need to see more of Roadhog's to get a better judgement on it. I loved Reindeer but didn't care as much for Frankenstein.

Cappa

Banned
Also, people wondering about Meis skin being legendary or not.... I think its a lock its going to be a legendary... and perhaps a very good one.

Hi there. Sorry you are disappointed with Mei’s winter skin. We don’t have a specific rule for what makes something Legendary or Epic. We just sort of make a gut call based off of what we think is cool. Coolness is very subjective, and based off of the community reaction it seems like our gauge was off on this one. Our reasoning for it being Legendary was that we completely redid the visual effects for Cryo-Freeze (we turned the ice block into a snowman). We thought that was pretty special and we had done it specifically based on community suggestions from months ago when people were speculating that we might have a winter event. Apparently, lots of people don’t agree with us and that’s ok. It’s all good feedback and we’re learning something for future events.

For people concerned that Mei is not going to get another Legendary for a long time, you need not worry. We have something pretty awesome for her early next year.

Apologies that our “cool meter” was off from yours on this one. We’ll try to align better on future content.
- Jeff Kaplan

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Zenyatta and Reinhardt look boss.

Rein has the best skins in the game.

Journey to the West skins gonna be my perms. So boss.
Good luck on buyin' 60 loot boxes and getting voice lines!
Im still mad that i couldnt get Zarya's awesome skins >__<

Alucrid

Banned
Also, people wondering about Meis skin being legendary or not.... I think its a lock its going to be a legendary... and perhaps a very good one.

- Jeff Kaplan

er didn't we already see the skin to know if it's good or not?

it's not. it's fucking mei.

Blues1990

He's tied with Zarya, Lucio and Tracer is he not? Tracer especially got 3 legendary skins after launch.

That's right, I forgot that Lucio, Tracer, and Zarya's Summer Games Legendary skins also came with another recolour. (Which is weird, now that I think about it.)

Cappa

Banned
er didn't we already see the skin to know if it's good or not?

it's not. it's fucking mei.

*shrugs* I like it alot, I think they did a great job I think theyll probably add cool things not just a skin. Like her cryofreeze might turn her into something.

I-hate-u

That's right, I forgot that Lucio, Tracer, and Zarya's Summer Games Legendary skins also came with another recolour. (Which is weird, now that I think about it.)

I am glad they stopped the re-coloring trend. I'd rather more skins for other heroes rather than a recolor for the same hero.

Blues1990

I am glad they stopped the re-coloring trend. I'd rather more skins for other heroes rather than a recolor for the same hero.

If it's something similar to Reinhardt's Balderich/Greifhardt skins, then that's cool. But I agree, it's for the best that there there no recolours for the Epic/Legendary skins for these events.

I'm happy with these awesome looking skins and with the fact that Blizzard does more international events, but this event feels a bit too soon after the Winter one. I need more time to get coins between events :p

I'm happy with these awesome looking skins and with the fact that Blizzard does more international events, but this event feels a bit too soon after the Winter one. I need more time to get coins between events :p

this is their plan :p

drown you in events so you don't have time to save

they quite clearly stated that they got rid of the quick levelling at X01-X22 because they didn't want people getting extra boxes during events and not playing the game in between :p

Am I reading this right in that the event's only going to last a week? Hoo boy if so.

Skins look nice though. I think I prefer Monkey King Winston to Yeti Winston.

LiK

Am I reading this right in that the event's only going to last a week? Hoo boy if so.

Skins look nice though. I think I prefer Monkey King Winston to Yeti Winston.

according to Reddit, it's just the free trial dates in China. Not the event duration.

You guys playing today? Ill be on later today so I can play with you and the Americans, since its Friday and wont have to work tommorrow lol

Sure, I'll be on later :)

These look pretty good but c'mon now, I want a legendary Pharah skin, it's time already.

Anne

e21e66bc32.png

This look though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom