• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I think Blizzard makes skins from inspiration. Not a checklist. Zen and Rein are just great models to mess around with.

Sadly, this is probably right. As much as I would like certain heroes getting legendary skins, I wouldn't want them to make them unless the design is on point, and designs can't be on point if your forced to make them.

We are getting another Winston Legendary. #blessed

Fore real, though.

That Zen skin, looks like I'll be back playing for that money grind.
After the Christmas event I don't trust these loot boxes to actually get me anything I want.

ISOM

They can do it if they want to offend a ton of muslims and create a pr shitstorm.

I don't think they will touch the issue of creating a skin of what they think Muhammad looks like. That is just asking for trouble. I was thinking of traditional islamic clothing which I assume is what other people had in mind as well.

Rocketz

Theres no way blizz are going to do religious themed skins. Thats the worst decision ever.

tumblr_o752w9XW4A1vu8gizo1_500.gif

There's en entire character built around a religious idea

caesar

Banned
Uhh, symmetra. Literally a Hindu god

Some of them took offense to that too.

Mercy being an angel is hardly religious. Angels have been in pop culture for a long time. Please guys come on, I don't know how its controversial to think Blizzard wouldn't touch an Islamic skin.

Apathy

Some of them took offense to that too.

Mercy being an angel is hardly religious. Angels have been in pop culture for a long time. Please guys come on, I don't know how its controversial to think Blizzard wouldn't touch an Islamic skin.

Well you said religious not specifically muslim at first, but to think blizzard couldn't add a hijab or abaya lets say is not out of the question. Head coverings for women for religious or cultural reasons are not solely the domain of the muslim world. A burqua or niqab probably not.

xaosslug

Zenyatta's Tang Sanzang skin. (Sun Wukong's Buddhism master)
Winston's Sun Wukong skin. (The monkey king)
Roadhog's Zhu Bajie skin. (The pig monster, another apprentice of Tang Sanzang)
Reinhardt's Sha Heshang skin. (The river monster, yet another apprentice of Tang Sanzang)

i honestly don't understand why Rein STAYS getting these cool, transformer-looking skins yet D.Va's meka for this event looks like a pagoda, or something?

anyway, in yet ANOTHER event where another character is the star...Zenyatta's skin looks the coolest/best of the lot, w/ Rein coming in a close-ass second.

"Wrestle with Jeff, prepare for death". Amazing.

Just fell to 2087. Had two amazing rounds on Nepal where we stomped, and we lost a player as the third round started. Somehow managed to capture and hold to 99% but the numbers were just against us in a 6v5. It's so incredibly frustrating to be penalized when people leave the game. /deadhorse

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Zenyatta's Tang Sanzang skin. (Sun Wukong's Buddhism master)
Winston's Sun Wukong skin. (The monkey king)
Roadhog's Zhu Bajie skin. (The pig monster, another apprentice of Tang Sanzang)
Reinhardt's Sha Heshang skin. (The river monster, yet another apprentice of Tang Sanzang)

Thinking about the way these 4 are lined up while I was at work. The fact that they're all Journey To The West themed where as Mei and DVa aren't.

Is this possibly the next co-op brawl?

xaosslug

i wonder if Blizz is gonna give Mei the snowball highlight intro peeps requested after someone cut the intro from the snowball offensive?

Blues1990

Christ, I have such an identity crisis with Reinhardt and his awesome skins.

• Do I want to be Stonehardt?
  • How about Balderich?
  • Maybe have a flaming blue head?
  • But then again, there's also that cool jet black mecha skin for him....
  • And then I could be Balderich, but covered in moss and vines.
  • But would I want to be a piece of Chinese folklore instead?
I CAN'T MAKE UP MY MIND!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
literally earthshattered the entire team while my mccree fucking stood there and killed no one

can we please get votechange to get people off fucking dps if they can't fucking dps?

Blizzard

Banned
ana already wears a hijab
Is it really intended to be a hijab? If so, doesn't the Captain Amari skin defeat the purpose since she's not wearing it?

literally earthshattered the entire team while my mccree fucking stood there and killed no one

can we please get votechange to get people off fucking dps if they can't fucking dps?
This would obviously lead to even more abuse and bullying. I've made mistakes, people make mistakes, and even you probably make mistakes. It's probably best all around to let people try to learn and not get too upset about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom