• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've easily sunk more time into this game than any other this generation and it's not even a year old. I've just accepted the disk will live in my ps4 at this point, only to be booted for temporary visitors. Still get the thrill of when I first started playing it 300+ hours later, cracking good game.

Skii

Went 1-1 in comp and lost 10 SR. Thanks game.

I don't know what I'm going to do in comp when Dva is nerfed lol.

Ever since people mentioned it, I've been checking the SR of people I'm matched with in QP, and yep, they're overwhelmingly Diamond and Master.

I'm ~2900 and still Plat. -_-

I've easily sunk more time into this game than any other this generation and it's not even a year old. I've just accepted the disk will live in my ps4 at this point, only to be booted for temporary visitors. Still get the thrill of when I first started playing it 300+ hours later, cracking good game.

Hey you were supposed to lose.

finalflame

qAedP0e.jpg

B6JOzi3.jpg

XxgNElN.jpg

feelsgoodman. Blizzard really knows how to make a figure.

cyborg009

Banned
My first game today started with someone throwing the match. I was 25 points away from 3000 and on a winning streak.

A few hours later: Down 200 SR :(

Ever since people mentioned it, I've been checking the SR of people I'm matched with in QP, and yep, they're overwhelmingly Diamond and Master.

I'm ~2900 and still Plat. -_-

I'm in the same situation. Most of my time is in quickplay and I prefer the quickplay vibe myself usually but the mmr makes things more tryhard or overly bizarre with all the masters I run into there. Ranked is easier to play because the opponents are easier but harder because of all the maniacs on your team. In my experience the fallen diamond players tend to cause the most trouble. Guys who were 3200 and dropped to the 2000's. Either because they are tilted out of their mind or simply gave up on advancing any further.

Sullichin

Reaper figure looks awesome. I don't usually go for merch/special editions/statues but I will buy a zenyatta figure in a second. Already have a sticker of him from etsy on my computer case

Satch

Banned
How? I get super mad after a while. All those bullshit deaths...

if i were playing like pharah or soldier or mccree or something and standing next to my healer with low health and they didnt heal me i would get really upset, but with tracer the random bullshit nonsense deaths are part of the experience so i dont really feel anything when i randomly die to something

its like that zenyatta quote
death is whimsical

finalflame

Damn, i'm late to the party.

I was too. It's impossible to get the Tracer statue now (year before last's BlizzCon exclusive and then I think they re-printed it last year and it sold out, and supposedly they will re-print it again some time this year).

rulerk1

can someone please explain Genji's ult to me because I hit 1 person 3 FUCKING TIMES and they DID NOT DIE! WTF

Why do ppl dash in the air then ult? You cant see shit and everyone just runs away from you. HALP

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
can someone please explain Genji's ult to me because I hit 1 person 3 FUCKING TIMES and they DID NOT DIE! WTF

Why do ppl dash in the air then ult? You cant see shit and everyone just runs away from you. HALP

Your dash resets when you ult. Usually you dive into the air A) to get a better view and b) so your ana cna more easily nano boost you. So you dive up, ult, reset then dive down. You don't always have to dash up though, sometimes you can dash through a team, ult, and dash through them again.

Apathy

depends who you hit. the tanks will take a few hits, go after the squishies. if they got lucio shileds on they aren't dying.

rulerk1

Your dash resets when you ult. Usually you dive into the air A) to get a better view and b) so your ana cna more easily nano boost you. So you dive up, ult, reset then dive down. You don't always have to dash up though, sometimes you can dash through a team, ult, and dash through them again.

noted but it still kind of hard to see them <_<

depends who you hit. the tanks will take a few hits, go after the squishies. if they got lucio shileds on they aren't dying.

damn didnt know lucio shields do that much or maybe Genji's ult inst as strong as I thought. Back to the drawing board!

Moonkeis

I uninstalled the game. I just need to not play for a while. I just can not stand the constant players who want to argue and place blame instead of looking at the their own performance, it's just at a point where I'm asking myself what's the point if a game isn't fun? I've played online FPS games since Quake and original BF and have never had to deal the amount of crap I see on a daily basis like OW players.

I think I if I decide to play again, I need to just need to auto mute chat/mic.

maomaoIYP

Players who are grouped up need to have tighter SR differences compared with the other team when matchmaking. Are you seriously telling me the best matchup for a team with 4 solo and a 2 stack of plats and diamonds was against a 4 stack of masters?

Blu(e)

1.28 GB update. Wonder if anyone can dig into the files and check out if the PTR update is coming or if there are any new skins that haven't been shown yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom