• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonkid

60 pages already, this thread travels fast. I'd post more but I have nothing insightful to say :p
It worked in Volskaya. And your hacks were so good in numbani that you actually made one of them quit, can't get much better than that.

Playing overwatch made me turn off my messages so that only friends can send me something. There's a lot of dumb people out there.
Damn :( I haven't played as much as you guys granted but I've never had anyone send me hate mail. Hope the rest of your games went okay.

Apathy

I'm a Lucio main and yup, I can confirm, that shit is the worst.

LET'S BREAK IT D...WHOOOA

to be fair the first one he was way in the air, after that the other 2 were just little achievements i gave myself to do

oh hanjo main cant hit the broad side of a barn, gets killed by widow, oh switches to widow. cant hit the broad side of a ship. how much i wish these characters didnt exist or were behind a rank wall.

Zen Aku

Pharah isn't really that hard to throw off though. Especially a Pharah without a healer on her butt. Basically anyone who at least take shots at her should be able to scare her into retreating for heals.

Pharah can't stay in the air for long if she's constantly down to half health. A grounded Pharah is a useless Pharah.

Also it pisses me off so much when I play Mercy and I'm shoving heals up Rein's butt and he decides to put up his shield instead of... oh i dont know... swing at the other Rein who is by himself, with no healing backup or any other his other teammates around for that matter.

"For the love of GOD! I'm healing your ass! its a 2v1! Swing your damn hammer!"

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Only played one match today, but me still not being 100% recovered and the amount of trolling on the other team made me not want to play anymore haha. It's a like a roll of the dice on whether you'll get the trolls.

Also it pisses me off so much when I play Mercy and I'm shoving heals up Rein's butt and he decides to put up his shield instead of... oh i dont know... swing at the other Rein who is by himself, with no healing backup or any other his other teammates around for that matter.

This is exactly what happened in my last Competitive match yesterday. It was me (as Mercy) and Reinhardt left defending on Anubis after rest of the team died to a D.Va Ult. The enemy team had a Rein and Tracer left. I'm healing Rein back up, then he's full, so I switch to Damage Amp and he just keeps his shield up while the enemy Rein is unsuccessfully trying to kill him off. Nearly didn't win that game if not for the fact that I let go, turned around and shot the enemy Tracer in the face with my blaster instead. It's so weird that people sometimes just freeze up if they see a Mercy shoot back. Anyway, the Tracer died and the Rein finally comes to senses and starts swinging his hammer. Meanwhile, the rest of the team come back and we manage to hold. Won that game easily on Attack afterwards.

ISOM

Pharah isn't really that hard to throw off though. Especially a Pharah without a healer on her butt. Basically anyone who at least take shots at her should be able to scare her into retreating for heals.

Pharah can't stay in the air for long if she's constantly down to half health. A grounded Pharah is a useless Pharah.

They're are a shockingly bad amount of Rein's that just hold their shield up and think that they are doing their job. You have 500hp and a 2000hp shield with a healer backing you up, fucking swing. If a Rein doesn't swing I would just prefer a Roadhog or Dva or hell even a DPS because these Rein's are useless.

DR2K

Banned
The thing about Mercy recently is that I'm having to pull out the gun more when my team mates are being dumb, not actually covering me, or just to add damage. The switching to healing mode to attack mode more frequently makes her a lot more fun to use.

Finally got Master after weeks and weeks of trying. At one point I dropped all the way to 2700. But was able to hit a stable 3300.

And now am almost 3600. Feels good.
It's funny I never thought I'd get diamond, or even come close to Master. But feel like I keep improving.

im still in my stable 33XX phase...
Hopefully i get a streak going soon.

_Legacy_

Man, I was 18 SR away from platinum yesterday. Then proceeded to have two games in a row where someone on our team quit, we could have won both games. This game really does have me feeling like (the actual) Icarus sometimes.

NeoRaider

Dd20v6Y.png

And with new event starting in few days i can't see myself playing less or taking a break from the game...

Go call the police! Go call the governor!

thenexus6

I love how this game doesn't track your stats in arcade mode - which i've been pretty much exclusively playing since that came out. God know how many hours / stats i'm missing now.

holysan

Have a good Hanzo and a bad Genji on your team. Hanzo does tons of dmg, gets picks frequently and combines his ult with Zarya, meanwhile the Genji does shit and can't even kill a Mercy with his ult. Genji won't switch because internet told him that Hanzo is a trollpick.

Anne

I can't wait for Tuesday to start playing again ;~;

Still haven't touched comp since I said I was done until a patch hit.

Skii

You did good with tracer the other night, tracer main?

I can't go DPS because my team always goes with a throw comp if I lock the DPS role. People just hate playing Reinhardt/healer. The problem is that my stats for Reinhardt/Ana is firmly gold tier so I don't think I can climb with those two.

Maybe I'll become a Zarya main.

caesar

Banned
I can't go DPS because my team always goes with a throw comp if I lock the DPS role. People just hate playing Reinhardt/healer. The problem is that my stats for Reinhardt/Ana is firmly gold tier so I don't think I can climb with those two.

Maybe I'll become a Zarya main.

That's true but Tracer can still win games like that if you go into their backline and pick a support every fight. Doesn't matter too much when its 6v5.

I went 3-0 last night but still made a lot of mistakes. I got killed by a mercy shooting me in the back while we were flanking and I need to triage heal orbs better. Putting discord on thier dps is enough for them to disengage but. I need to decide if I keep it on them or see if the team is focusing down a specific unit. I also need to respect Ana's sniping ability. I did get better at micro movements to dodge a mid range soldier shots.

I miss playing Tracer but this game is about unfair fights and I feel heal plus damage bonus is better than flanking a team that are deathballed and being out numbered.

AbaFadi

Banned
That's true but Tracer can still win games like that if you go into their backline and pick a support every fight. Doesn't matter too much when its 6v5.

Yeah Tracer for sure can carry games, especially at lower ranks. I can't imagine people in lower ranks have the greatest aim to take out a tracer consistently.

The best thing about competitive Overwatch is when a guy on your team is obviously trolling in voice chat but one of your teammates gets pissed off and starts yelling, eventually shouting "I'M NOT EVEN MAD!"

By best I mean worst, because it basically made our team throw the game.

Zen Aku

When the Genji on your team ult but he go after a bubbled up, full health Zarya and Dva instead of the Mercy and Ana 3ft behind them.

Boy... You're some kind of stupid aren't you?

Did they confirmed any Chinese New Year event?

Shouta

They're are a shockingly bad amount of Rein's that just hold their shield up and think that they are doing their job. You have 500hp and a 2000hp shield with a healer backing you up, fucking swing. If a Rein doesn't swing I would just prefer a Roadhog or Dva or hell even a DPS because these Rein's are useless.

There's way more Reins that will just needlessly swing though and thus expose your team to getting shot when he could be protecting. The fact he's doing his job should be complimented. =P

cyborg009

Banned
There's way more Reins that will just needlessly swing though and thus expose your team to getting shot when he could be protecting. The fact he's doing his job should be complimented. =P

or that rein that charges into the enemy team and misses his pin then wonders why he wasn't getting healed.

rulerk1

Made it plat since the first time I was placed there last season. Now to never touch comp again till next season

Had a really nice six stack and man this game is so much better with friends

Kade

Been having insanely bad luck with matches lately. It's been a long time since my last win and any time it looks like I'm going to break that loss streak someone leaves the match or we lose because of one fatal mistake. My winrate is dropped nearly 30% from last season which I don't really care about too much but the quality of matches I've been getting for the last two months has really turned me off from the game. Debating on whether I should take a break until Season 4 or skip it all together and come back for Season 5. Love the game a lot but man, it's really depressing to play for me now. It took me 3-4 years of Dota 2 to get to that point but I feel like I'm already there with Overwatch.

the ult should have more real counters other than another rein shield.

I don't know what the solution would be, but I kinda agree with this.

If my team doesn't have a Rein and the other team does, we're constantly getting destroyed by his ult. It makes him essential if one team plays him, and I don't like that kind of counter-play in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom