• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

I have brought great shame to my overwatch career and nd for picking Hanzo on our attack because a teammate messaged me after our defense to swear at me for picking Zenyatta. I gave it my best...as Hanzo...but that's probably still not great. I think the combination of them not using a mic AND deciding to message me after one round was a bit much for how much i played overwatch tonight. I think it might be time to give overwatch a weekend break.

exYle

Who wants to tell him?

Like, I get it. QP is less serious, comp is tryhard all the time and thus less vulnerable to disruptors. But there's plenty of times in QP where teams will work well together on both sides and I do work with her. Those skills do not disappear in the jump to competitive play.

Like, I get it. QP is less serious, comp is tryhard all the time and thus less vulnerable to disruptors. But there's plenty of times in QP where teams will work well together on both sides and I do work with her. Those skills do not disappear in the jump to competitive play.
Just messin with ya. For me, QP or comp Sombra is either great or awful, never in between.

I have brought great shame to my overwatch career and nd for picking Hanzo on our attack because a teammate messaged me after our defense to swear at me for picking Zenyatta. I gave it my best...as Hanzo...but that's probably still not great. I think the combination of them not using a mic AND deciding to message me after one round was a bit much for how much i played overwatch tonight. I think it might be time to give overwatch a weekend break.

your first mistake was thinking your teammate was a sentient being instead of a pile of garbage.

MG310

Incredibly drunk man yelling "Yer a buncha cucks" over and over again and then calling Symmetra "clinically retarded" for placing the teleporter around the corner from the first Anubis payload.

Firstsnipe on PS4.

I can't figure out why I can't make Sombra work in comp. In QP I do pretty darn well with her

It worked in Volskaya. And your hacks were so good in numbani that you actually made one of them quit, can't get much better than that.

Playing overwatch made me turn off my messages so that only friends can send me something. There's a lot of dumb people out there.

Apathy

who the hell is hanzo? is he related to hanjo?

ISOM

A lot of people seem to be against a Zen pick, obnoxiously so, but my healing and dmg average is over 10K for both. People underrate how much a good zen can do for a team especially with discord.

Wait, on his arms...is that his skin?
It can't be. Reaper isn't white.
He is now.

Reaper-from-Overwatch.jpg
Reaper-Overwatch-Official-Game-Art-Render.png

He did die and get brought back to life through sexy mad scientist schemes and all.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
hanzo mains and genji mains will switch to one another

widow and junk mains wont switch to anything. ever. no matter what.

ohkay

Man, I don't know where my patience for competitive went. I used to play like 8-10 games a night, but now I just do a lot of quick play and only 2-3 comp games and I'm pretty sure this is why I'm not climbing as high as I would like right now

Blues1990

Everyone keeps asking me (first as Pharah, then Soldier: 76) to kill the enemy Pharah, when it's difficult when not only she's a bazillion feet in the air, she will also have her teammates watching her back. So when I'm trying to focus my fire on said Pharah, her allies are pumping me full of lead and doing everything to stop me from doing my task.

Shit ain't easy, and I can't fathom why people don't understand that.

Zen Aku

And I still lost on Anubis. First half I played a really bad Zarya cause no one want to lets me go healer (yet still have gold elim). Finally get to switch to Zenyatta on defense and the rest of the game and manages to get this. We had a Pharah who didnt have any medal cause I got golds, dva had silver and roadhog had gold. Sad!

At least I got some nice highlights when I shut down a soldier ult twice, a reaper ult once and 1 quick triple kills on Mei, Soldier and Lucio.

cyborg009

Banned
And I still lost on Anubis. First half I played a really bad Zarya cause no one want to lets me go healer (yet still have gold elim). Finally get to switch to Zenyatta on defense and the rest of the game and manages to get this. We had a Pharah who didnt have any medal cause I got golds, dva had silver and roadhog had gold. Sad!

At least I got some nice highlights when I shut down a soldier ult twice, a reaper ult once and 1 quick triple kills on Mei, Soldier and Lucio.

You guys didn't have a rein?

Zen Aku

You guys didn't have a rein?

Oh we did on offense.

Defense team: Zarya (me), Pharah, Ana, DVA, Roadhog and Sym.

On offense I went Zen and the Sym went Rein. Our Pharah was terrible though. She choose to go in small rooms and places with low ceilings and just get destroyed by Torb or Reaper.

Grief.exe

Everyone keeps asking me (first as Pharah, then Soldier: 76) to kill the enemy Pharah, when it's difficult when not only she's a bazillion feet in the air, she will also have her teammates watching her back. So when I'm trying to focus my fire on said Pharah, her allies are pumping me full of lead and doing everything to stop me from doing my task.

If you're playing hitscan, that's your job. Pharah can wreak havoc on your backline and cause a loss otherwise.

When I'm playing Ana I will always throw as many shots as I can justify to help out.

psyfi

Banned
I just got a PS4 and am probably gonna start playing OW there instead of on XB1, since no one here plays on XB1. But man, I don't want to plop down $59.99 again. How often is the PS4 edition on sale?

PS: my PSN ID is psyfi- if anyone wants to preemptively friend me. :)

Edit : Also holy shit, there are so many more exclusives I want to play on PS4 than XB1, it's nuts. I didn't realize how much I was missing out on.

It can be hard at times against a good Pharah, but as the hitscan character it is your job. Most of your teammates probably can't do much to help.

I often play McCree but if I'm having a night where I can't pick off Pharahs I usually let the team know I'm struggling and try to switch roles with someone else.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I know I bitched a while ago and was told I'm an idiot - but seriously, I don't know how anybody thinks Sym is balanced - and I say that as someone who PLAYS Sym all the time. I'm probably getting POTG 50% of the time when we win.... Sneak to backline - take out healer - take out sniper - then your charge is so good you can EASILY burn through a DVA or Roadhog just by jumping around in like 4 sec, tops.

And that's assuming not one person on your team is helping. And ignoring sentires, her range gun, or her shield.

I know she's a low pick in competitive - but in regular ol' level 156 QP and whatnot - she just destroys.

And then if you get a shield gen in a good, protected spot, it seriously turns the tides of the game for however long it stays up.

I know - I know - I must be playing against bad tanks or w/e - but I'm seeing PLENTY of people in chat that agree with me.

Zen Aku

When you're playing a hitscan and there's an enemy Pharah. It's basically your job to destroy her. If she has a Mercy latch on to her and you can't finish the job then ask someone else to help you take down the Mercy first. I promise you someone would be willing to help. As a Zen main, I try to discord Pharah or Mercy when I see our hitscan aiming at them. It makes their job a lot easier. If you still can't kill that Pharah without help.. Then I think its time to switch and lets someone else do the job man. Maybe you're not cut out for hitscan dps.

A Zen discord or 1 shot from Ana helps wonder though for a Pharmercy combo.

Not gonna lie, unless your DSPStanky, it seems REALLY hard to have any kind of consistency if you are playing comp as Lucio only.

Obviously I can be better, but god damn. Definitely feel limited by teammates.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
When you're playing a hitscan and there's an enemy Pharah. It's basically your job to destroy her. If she has a Mercy latch on to her and you can't finish the job then ask someone else to help you take down the Mercy first. I promise you someone would be willing to help. As a Zen main, I try to discord Pharah or Mercy when I see our hitscan aiming at them. It makes their job a lot easier. If you still can't kill that Pharah without help.. Then I think its time to switch and lets someone else do the job man. Maybe you're not cut out for hitscan dps.

A Zen discord or 1 shot from Ana helps wonder though for a Pharmercy combo.

Yep - I've been pretty much main'ing Ana on offense, and a single shot at the pharah is pretty much a guarantee kill if ANYONE else is shooting at her, too.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Not gonna lie, unless your DSPStanky, it seems REALLY hard to have any kind of consistency if you are playing comp as Lucio only.

Obviously I can be better, but god damn. Definitely feel limited by teammates.

lucio is one ofm y better characters in comp. speed boost is a great way to communicate with the team without communicating. and boop is annoying as fuck to enemy reinhardts and roadhogs.

i kill so many mercys and anas as lucio

Finally got Master after weeks and weeks of trying. At one point I dropped all the way to 2700. But was able to hit a stable 3300.

And now am almost 3600. Feels good.
It's funny I never thought I'd get diamond, or even come close to Master. But feel like I keep improving.

Jblanks

Finally got Master after weeks and weeks of trying. At one point I dropped all the way to 2700. But was able to hit a stable 3300.

And now am almost 3600. Feels good.
It's funny I never thought I'd get diamond, or even come close to Master. But feel like I keep improving.

Get ready to drop or just stagger.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Then learn soldier? Mcree? D.Va? Zen? There are many good counters for her, hard and soft.
DPS are typically the first thing to get locked in right away, so I'm either a tank or healer. I do play Zen and Ana and get success in dealing with her, but when I'm getting picked all game and people can't help me deal with her I'm kinda SOL. I would and probably should play D.Va more often, but people whine about needing a Rein regardless of whatever bizarre comp they wanna roll.

And on that note about D.Va she's one the easiest characters to get 4 gold medals with, gotta try to lock her in more often.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I remember them talking about Bastion couldn't be buffed not to frustrate new players\

when pharah is a million times worse at that and gets buffed constantly. like new players cant aim up AT ALL and now she touches the fucking skybox so you have to hit her multiple times to kill her with falloff. and she can avoid non-hitscan heroes even more easily

lucio is one ofm y better characters in comp. speed boost is a great way to communicate with the team without communicating. and boop is annoying as fuck to enemy reinhardts and roadhogs.

i kill so many mercys and anas as lucio
Yea I'm definitely getting better, and if I want to get to higher ranks, but I limit myself to Lucio then I only have myself to blame, and all I can do is practice. But on a game to game basis it's hard to keep that in mind. We just lost to an attack Torb because my team refused to use ults. They didn't use a single one from first checkpoint on Route 66 until the enemy was about to finish the map. And on attack our Ana literally had hers the whole game. I kept speedboosting in and dropping the beat and there was just no ult follow up.

Playing support so much has dropped me so far in rank that the games have a very noticeable dip in quality, especially in DPS/tank players who can do their job well.

The smart thing to do would be to play lame boring heroes to climb back into ranks where I can play support on better teams, but eh.

ohkay

Supports can only do so much. If your tanks can't create the space needed and your dps can't get the kills, then supporting has less of an effect. It's a lot easier to support good players than bad ones

Jblanks

Probably stagger. I have a pretty good person I duo with, and he's almost at GM from us doing so.
We win more than lose when we play together.

I wish this was the case for me and my brother; were both Master, and it doesn't make a difference if we play together or solo, we just stagger day in day out.

Apathy

haha i stopped a lucio 3 times in a row from dropping the beat by hooking him before he hit the ground, dude was pissed

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I feel like playing Hanzo AND Zenyatta creates issues for myself. The travel speed on their projectiles are so drastically different

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom