• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaosslug

had a diamond, troll Rein in a match, today. He was actually good at getting kills, and when he would stay w/ the team we would do well. But after a while he (literally) kept charging in, by himself. At first I thought we were doing a bad job as a team backing him up... but then I saw the enemy Symm's PotG where he zoomed on to the enemy point (Hollywood attack) and just proceeded to spam "hello" as she melted him and our Lucio. -__-

WTF?

Jblanks

Been having insanely bad luck with matches lately. It's been a long time since my last win and any time it looks like I'm going to break that loss streak someone leaves the match or we lose because of one fatal mistake. My winrate is dropped nearly 30% from last season which I don't really care about too much but the quality of matches I've been getting for the last two months has really turned me off from the game. Debating on whether I should take a break until Season 4 or skip it all together and come back for Season 5. Love the game a lot but man, it's really depressing to play for me now. It took me 3-4 years of Dota 2 to get to that point but I feel like I'm already there with Overwatch.

Just take a break, and see how you feel about it in a couple of months. I've already taken 2 long breaks (2.5 and 1.5 months) and every time I've come back the game feels amazing like it did at launch. I'm probably going to take another break in a couple of weeks after I get everything out of the update which is a perfect time with all the new games coming out, and probably come back mid-way or 2/3 way through season 4 to at least get a decent rank.

LifEndz

Finally clawed my way out of Gold! Placements had me at roughly 2100 and it took me no longer being scared of being the weak link, learning team comp and not being too timid to get on mic and communicate, but it's done. Damn what a difference. Haven't been in plat too long, but it seems like most of the rage quitters, little kids that main Genji and the Widow players are all in gold and silver tier. Hoping to get into Diamond.

antitrop

Haven't been in plat too long, but it seems like most of the rage quitters, little kids that main Genji and the Widow players are all in gold and silver tier. Hoping to get into Diamond.
All of that holds pretty true in every rank, it's just that Master/GM Widows will actually be able to hit their shots, making you hate them for a different reason.

But uh, don't mean to bring you down, congrats on the promotion! It's cool that you were able to identify problems in your game, address them, and climb for it.

Jblanks

Finally clawed my way out of Gold! Placements had me at roughly 2100 and it took me no longer being scared of being the weak link, learning team comp and not being too timid to get on mic and communicate, but it's done. Damn what a difference. Haven't been in plat too long, but it seems like most of the rage quitters, little kids that main Genji and the Widow players are all in gold and silver tier. Hoping to get into Diamond.

There's whiny rage quitters/throwers at every level, even Master unfortunately.

DevilDog

Those last 5 lines

dead2.gif

Man, placing late in the season is a drag just because you see up front what level they're matching you against.

First two games, I felt like I was doing competently well. Won both.

Third game, I had a monster Dva match, so of course we lost.

Did something change about Widow on console so that people won't change from her?

I kept spamming 'I need healing' but my team refused to go second healer. Although to be fair, I also refused to pick a better solo healer than Lucio. Thank god we won in five rounds.

Speed Lucio wasn't happening that game :(

Solo queue was good today, went 5-1-2. I wish there wasn't such an obvious correlation to how well I do solo and with the gaf group.

Witnessed the rare beauty that is a great widow on ps4 today and to make things better it was paired with a symmetra main who played her attack and defense on route 66. It went way better than expected and we stomped them!

Seagull on his stream just said that NRG will go to tournaments again once he "rebuilds the roster." So there's probably a real big shakeup coming.

LAM09

Witnessed the rare beauty that is a great widow on ps4 today and to make things better it was paired with a symmetra main who played her attack and defense on route 66. It went way better than expected and we stomped them!

Always nice when dodgy picks from the outset deliver. Very rare, though.

antitrop

Watching Seagull play Zarya pains me

EDIT: Lassiz wants to play Zarya for Seagull's Hanzo, I feel like this is a much better arrangement.

Calvins Zarya>>>
Definitely not better than Harbleu's

His Tracer is nutty though.
I refuse to accept Harb on anything but Roadhog. He was the first stream I ever watched and the one that convinced me to switch to PC after maining Hog on PS4 for Season 1.
He is 100x more fun to watch as Hog. But his Zarya is great.

Wonder what he'll do after the patch, it'd suck if it was an all Zarya stream.

Apathy

What's the other option?

well if the pool of players that can play at that high level, like the 0.01% isn't large enough to support as many teams as there are now that they can actually fill a team and be competitive, hes going to have to give up this "his team" thing and just go with another team.

It's more plausible another team that has a weaker player than seagull that could use seagull in their roster rather than try to fill a whole team just for seagull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom