• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fancolors

Really? Where is this coming from?

Ooo didn't know that.

https://www.over.gg/2004/iddqd-no-longer-a-fnatic

Pure speculation of course.

Fnatic's statement:

"Three months ago we put together an Overwatch squad made up of players who were all looking to prove themselves in an up and coming scene. When you gather six players with different backgrounds, there’s always some getting used to required and while everyone might seem compatible at first there is no predicting how things evolve when you add the pressure of performing at the highest level.

Today, we are announcing that we will be holding tryouts for the DPS spot currently held by André “iddqd” Dahlström. Iddqd takes a step down from his starter position but will remain part of our organisation until further notice. We will also still see him representing Fnatic and Team Sweden at the Overwatch World Cup during Blizzcon."

ISOM

well if the pool of players that can play at that high level, like the 0.01% isn't large enough to support as many teams as there are now that they can actually fill a team and be competitive, hes going to have to give up this "his team" thing and just go with another team.

It's more plausible another team that has a weaker player than seagull that could use seagull in their roster rather than try to fill a whole team just for seagull

I think that's easier said than done. Unless he's joining one of the top teams like C9, Rogue, Envy etc then he's just recreating his current situation with another team.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Took a day to grind out some competitive matches and finally got back to Plat after spending the entire season in Gold.
raYBzJi.png

Some dude kept saying "Daddy, please cream" in my last game but he carried our team with his Genji so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Apathy

heh seagulls stream showing once again why the "avoid player" option needs to come back. Some dude intentionally throwing just cause lass and seagull is on the team. like punishing the vast vast vast vast majority of players because some tiny fraction of players would find it harder to find a game is 100% worth it.

Apathy

Blues1990

Apparently, turning off the in-game music and playing the DK64 OST (while playing as Winston) had made me unstoppable in Competitive today.

Blues1990

Did any ragers go ape shit on you?

On the contrary, the enemy team complimented my Winston play, & I got a 10+ vote for my 34 kill streak. One of them says they rarely see Winston (what with the current Tank comp and all), so it made me smile.

On a related note, that patch can't come soon enough. I want the other heroes to shine & not be situational picks, along with the whole Tank Meta becoming a thing of the past.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
34 kill streak... as Winston...

��
��
��

How

good anas and lots of squishies. i've hit 25 streak twice with winston

alternatively, the genji/winston/zen cleanup crew
Seagull on his stream just said that NRG will go to tournaments again once he "rebuilds the roster." So there's probably a real big shakeup coming.

so that's why he was streaming with stanky

Blues1990

34 kill streak... as Winston...

��
��
��

How

A combination of the enemy team not taking care of a flying Yeti flanking their healers, picking my fights, saving my ultimate and using it to fling the opposing team off the map, having an Ana/Zarya covering my hairy butt, & the enemy team having a general lack of situational awareness.

Donkey+kong+s+dancing_e5cfb9_5437525.gif

EDIT: I can't be the only one who finds it weird that there's simply no alternatives to main tanking and reliably protecting your allies from damage intake, right?

While I know the other Tank Heroes in Overwatch outrank Reinhardt when it comes to DPS, Support, Mobility, and Utility, with his role being so important to the current modes' gameplay, he seems invaluable to just about any team composition and map situation. You have solid alternatives for the other classes, such as switching Lucio for Zenyatta/Ana, for example.

We honestly need another Tank Hero that can provide sustained cover for allies (in a similar role as Reinhardt but plays differently), as this causes Reinhardt to be picked significantly more than other tanks, despite him not being particularly unbalanced or overpowered. I also think it would help pick variety a lot if he had more direct competition.

Watching Seagull play with other high levels and seeing all the callouts and how coordinated they are - man, it's pretty fun to watch this. It helps Seagull isn't a jerk and seems like a pretty cool guy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Watching Seagull play with other high levels and seeing all the callouts and how coordinated they are - man, it's pretty fun to watch this. It helps Seagull isn't a jerk and seems like a pretty cool guy.

Lass is one of the least obnoxious/positive streamers too so that helps.

Man. Weekend solo queue is still shitty. I think I've been put in more backfill matches where the team is getting their ass kicked than I have been in matches that I start from the beginning.

Guess I'll just wait for Tuesday for people to play with.

Fancolors

That's a lot of stalling luminosity

wonder how things would go if liquid died sooner on that long push. they probably would have more time for that final stretch.

e: damn, liquid is barely building ult. they only had 1 ult while luminosity had 3

Satch

Banned
Lmao i cant win, someone gets mad at me for playing sombra and then another guy gets fucking IRATE at me playin LUCIO of all things

Ramirez

How the hell do you get steamrolled by a Torb/Widow payload attack on console?! Then I get the same teammates next game and dominated again, ugggggh.

About 500 hours in this game and I'd never seen a sextuple kill, seen two today, heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom