• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apathy

I'm ~2,400 SR and still playing with Meis who use ice wall to troll their own teams.

It's at best annoying and more commonly costs the team a couple of deaths.

I hate people.

I get angry at bad walls, even though I know usually they are using it to try and help, but they end up ruining a hook or a shot on someone that was going to die.

Talka

I get angry at bad walls, even though I know usually they are using it to try and help, but they end up ruining a hook or a shot on someone that was going to die.

I'm talking more about ice walls that separate the team at chokepoints. Or delay the team at spawn points.

ohkay

I can't stand people that automatically tilt from a bad choice. We held the other team before point 1 on gibraltar, and my team kept arguing amongst themselves because someone picked Hanzo and it wasn't meta. The Hanzo was the only DPS doing actual work

Xeteh

Man, as someone that likes playing Roadhog the patch can't come out soon enough. Played 3v3 and each round we won "OMG ROADHOG HOOK 2.0 NEEDS TO HURRY UP"... I've had some bullshit hooks land before but they were all wide open. Stop whining.

Soi-Fong

I've been playing more and more with Tracer and I'm really falling in love with her. You gotta be patient with her health and damage output, but it feels soo good to just annoy people with her.

I had a duel with a Mei in just a small room and she kept trying to freeze me. Just kept on blinking and whenever I was close to being frozen, would just recall and get back health. Eventually stuck her with a grenade and got the hell outta there. lol

Apathy

seriously fuck every person that plays attack sym, holy shit, it's worse than pulling teeth at how useless one person can be to a team

Playing Mercy or any healer at all makes me feel like I have a bullseye on my back. I like playing as them, but it's frustrating that you're constantly the number 1 target for the enemy team.

ricelord

so when is this season going to be over? pretty much tried of losing because my team mates don't want to work as a team and be in their little bubble of a group or have someone on the team throwing the game. Drop from 4121 to 3633, i really hope that blizz don't inflate the ranks again for season 4

Apathy

Playing Mercy or any healer at all makes me feel like I have a bullseye on my back. I like playing as them, but it's frustrating that you're constantly the number 1 target for the enemy team.

well yeah, thats the point of whatever you play. kill the healer first

Apathy

You say this, but then I constantly run into people doing this against me and they ravage my teams...

Then thats an issue of your team. she literally has to run at you and into your defensive line. if you can't keep distance and your team can't kill her before she gets to you, then you just need a better team

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
seriously fuck every person that plays attack sym, holy shit, it's worse than pulling teeth at how useless one person can be to a team

It's hilarious seeing this still happen on gm/top 500 on streams I watch. They always say this will be different from other syms and seem to actually think they're helping somehow.

Nimby

Banned
D.Va stagger is an art form. Hammers hooked Eissfeldt as he was suiciding, slept him, then took the largest charge possible to eliminate.

Woo! Got the Iris Embraces You trophy tonight with Zen. I'd pretty much written off getting any more trophies other than the final 2 quad-kills that I need, but enemy Graviton Surge + Tactical Visor = profit, apparently!

QP games were all over the place all night, for the first half of the night I don't think I played a single game where my team didn't have Widowmaker & Hanzo both selected. But ended up winning more than I lost and got a trophy, so I'm all good.

Ready for the new event!

Lost 10 comp games in a row tonight.

I love this game man but sometimes comp just gives you the most unpleasant teammates possible over and over and over again.

Absolutely sucks trying to be the positive, coordinating voice on a team when everyone's acting like jerks.

ohkay

Lost 10 comp games in a row tonight.

I love this game man but sometimes comp just gives you the most unpleasant teammates possible over and over and over again.

Absolutely sucks trying to be the positive, coordinating voice on a team when everyone's acting like jerks.
Cut your losses after like 2-3 consecutive losses. Even if you think you're not on tilt, you probably are and it'll affect your performance

Interesting day of Overwatch with NDF, and the return of our lost brother Optimus. Started with the absolute worst teammates/games you can imagine, but we managed a couple draws and a win in with the losses.

Then we went on like a four game winning streak, on Ligiang we had a Torb who was totally throwing the game, by mid second round we had all just accepted the loss and weregoing to try to have fun the rest of the match. Then the dude switched to Tracer and we won 2 games in a row, and in round five we had 99-0. They took the point and we started getting creamed. In out last ditch fight at 99-99 we walked right into a graviton but somehow we survived, won the fight, and the match. One of the best matches I've ever played. I woke up my whole house we won it.

Then we had a great Anubis offense, 4:30 remaining. Our D only left them 1:10. But they managed to cap the first point in OT. With 6 people on point our Zarya solo ulted them... I was stunned. Then the Dva he was grouped with fought all six players instead of running away. We got rushed 4-6 had no graviton, and lost the point. We lost 4-3. That one sucked.

Thanks for the games fellas, interesting cast of randoms tonight, from the screaming match to the super cool two stack who we absolutely dominated with twice in a row with.

When you have a Symmetra who only builds portals to troll her own damn team.

Yeah, putting a portal way right next to a cliff is hilarious buddy.

Learn that shift bro! Once I got good with that my k/d average skyrocketed. With that said, if the whole team is after me, there's not much I can do.

What a crazy day, so many weird games. Before playing comp with batman this happened to me in QP, I don't understand how this was possible, I couldn't stop laughing x'D

Interesting day of Overwatch with NDF, and the return of our lost brother Optimus. Started with the absolute worst teammates/games you can imagine, but we managed a couple draws and a win in with the losses.

Then we went on like a four game winning streak, on Ligiang we had a Torb who was totally throwing the game, by mid second round we had all just accepted the loss and weregoing to try to have fun the rest of the match. Then the dude switched to Tracer and we won 2 games in a row, and in round five we had 99-0. They took the point and we started getting creamed. In out last ditch fight at 99-99 we walked right into a graviton but somehow we survived, won the fight, and the match. One of the best matches I've ever played. I woke up my whole house we won it.

Then we had a great Anubis offense, 4:30 remaining. Our D only left them 1:10. But they managed to cap the first point in OT. With 6 people on point our Zarya solo ulted them... I was stunned. Then the Dva he was grouped with fought all six players instead of running away. We got rushed 4-6 had no graviton, and lost the point. We lost 4-3. That one sucked.

Thanks for the games fellas, interesting cast of randoms tonight, from the screaming match to the super cool two stack who we absolutely dominated with twice in a row with.

That was a lot of fun. Did you saved that Lucio boop in Oasis?

C21s22rVEAA94wG.jpg

tumblr_inline_mwhr8oBXNd1qk3x8w.gif

BigDug13

Mercy has the hardest time because she is the ONLY healer support that has a beam guiding you to where the healer is. Zen can throw a ball and hide for up to 3 seconds, no telling where that ball came from. Ana can snipe. Lucio can be wall grinding 100 ft in the air and healing. You don't see where it's coming from. Only Mercy has to be standing there with this huge "kill me here" beam while standing at close proximity to danger.

Apathy

When you have a Symmetra who only builds portals to troll her own damn team.

Yeah, putting a portal way right next to a cliff is hilarious buddy.

wonder if blizz will ever make it so the arrow exit of a portal cant be facing out over the edge of the map to stop team trolling

Cappa

Banned
Kaplan finally answered, somewhat, to a thread that kept getting bumped on Overwatch forums about things coming to consoles.

Page 40

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752649607

Regarding Torbjorn and Symmetra: We've been watching them closely. Up until recently they were performing in lockstep with PC. Recently they've begun to diverge a little bit so we're taking a look at them now and we'll consider adjusting them.

Regarding Reporting: This feature is coming to both PS4 and Xbox. I don't have an exact ETA because there are many moving parts to make this happen. My hope is that everything locks into place before summer... or sooner. But we're at the mercy of things beyond our control on this one and we've been working super hard to make it happen.

Regarding additional bindings: We'll work on this

Man been having great games tonight just played a defence on kings row and they got to the last check point pretty quickly.

I was playing Ana and our teams Mei and Rein completely locked down the first choke In the final area I ult'd rein three times and got my enabler trophy 😊

Mendrox

Play with me. Never lost with Symmetra on attack. My Symmetra winrate is also the highest lol I wreck shit with her, but I am also clever

Mendrox

Never? The seems kinda crazy since most 2 capture points maps have some awful choke points.

What rank are you?

Okay not never, but losing on attack with her on everything except Volskaya? Rarely. But I also don't play her on ranked of course.

Edit: okay only 70,1% winrate, but still very good.

Cappa

Banned
Okay not never, but losing on attack with her on everything except Volskaya? Rarely. But I also don't play her on ranked of course.

Edit: okay only 70,1% winrate, but still very good.

I think the person was referring to competitive you can have a good win rate with basically anyone in QP.

Banzai

2-2 on hanamura, suddenly someone on our team leaves and we get steamrolled.
2-4. Our turn. We take both points 5v6 through beautiful team play and communication. AND we did it with time to spare, giving us one last shot at attacking point a...

It ended in a draw. But goddamn if that wasn't one of the best matches I've ever played.
No trolls on the enemy team, either. Although I suppose you'd have a point if you said their entire team simply sucked.

Azoor

Everything bad you can imagine has happened to me yesterday:

One got disconnected.
Another one left.
Our healer switched to Widowmaker.

Yet... we somehow won, and I have no idea how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom