• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sande

I just got the worst skin in the game, Zarya's Industrial....

...for the third effing time.

What did I do to deserve this?
People see it as getting a [shit repeat skin] instead of a [good new skin].

I see it as getting 200 gold instead of 5 like you usually do.

Of course it might actually be a bad thing if we start talking about pity drops (does OW even have those?)

Lyng

Man I wish they gave 3 lootboxes for your 3 first wins in brawl. Having to endure that crap for so many games is the worst

pislit

the matchmaking is out of whack, i dont mind the scenario im going to share if this happens with quick play but on comp

we fought golden party of four and five of us are unranked and only two is on a party (since no badge, am i correct?)

and this is just my third game ever on comp

we were so dead lol

I played a QP yesterday where this absolutely brilliant Tracer (who was on ATTACK) almost single-handedly destroyed me and my team on the first point of Volskaya. I was playing Soldier, but switched to Reaper for second point and then proceeded to have the most epic duels with the Tracer for next 7-8 odd minutes. I think I got her almost as may times as she got me and we managed to hold when I finished off with a Death Blossom (backed by Mercy) to eliminate Tracer and Hanzo from the point at the end. Felt so fucking good, especially coz I'm ranked Silver and the Tracer was a mid-High Diamond guy.

I'm so excited for the Sombra buff

She's probably going to be a monster

As a Zen main, this hurts... X(

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Game lost all of it's HUD stuff, I can't escape, and can only sit there and then get kicked out for inactivity.

Thanks game.

Sande

Just skip through, read the chat, and listen to my teammates. I'm done with this game, it is definitively the worst and the people who play it are the worst: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzarro/v/116737739
Talk about cutting off the nose to spite the face.

Guy is willing to ruin a match for himself and three others just to teach some rando a "lesson".

Man I wish they gave 3 lootboxes for your 3 first wins in brawl. Having to endure that crap for so many games is the worst
3v3 and 1v1 also exist. They have fast matches and are a welcome change of pace from comp and QP in my opinion.
Edit: And it's not that any of those modes suck per se. Trying to rush wins as fast as possible just to be done with it would lead to frustration in any mode.

Just had someone on PS4 abuse the out of bounds glitch on Anus. I got footage of them, PSN ID is best_game34. They did it twice. Where do I send the footage?

Sande

Just had someone on PS4 abuse the out of bounds glitch on Anus. I got footage of them, PSN ID is best_game34. They did it twice. Where do I send the footage?
40964d1396723217-recycle-bin-empty-windows-8-a-recycle_bin_empty.png

It sucks that there's nothing you can do but it is what it is. At least reporting is coming to consoles at some point.

When your autocorrect sells you out by changing Anubis to anus and bounds to pounds.

https://www.eightforums.com/attachments/tutorials/40964d1396723217-recycle-bin-empty-windows-8-a-recycle_bin_empty.png[/IMG

It sucks that there's nothing you can do but it is what it is. At least reporting is coming to consoles at some point.[/QUOTE]

Do they have plans to bring it over? I've been fortunate in that I haven't ran into many glitchers, but there are plenty of trolls that could've gotten put on notice. Especially in Season 1.

Also, you could post the video to reddit. Gives some exposure to the issue and highlights the fact that there is no means to report on console. Also, lets you name and shame.

scotcheggz

Has anyone had issues with the voicechat not working? I checked out the threads on the blizzard forums and my options all seem ok, I hadn't even touched them. It just was working and now it isn't? Have I pressed some secret button somewhere by accident?

Not that I'm missing much, I'd imagine,

Cappa

Banned
Has anyone had issues with the voicechat not working? I checked out the threads on the blizzard forums and my options all seem ok, I hadn't even touched them. It just was working and now it isn't? Have I pressed some secret button somewhere by accident?

Not that I'm missing much, I'd imagine,

Are you on PC? Or console?

If PC here.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20744394530

If console, no idea but itll be more or less the same except no push to talk feature on console.

Blues1990

Is there a specific reason why we get kicked out of the practice range for inactivity? I just want to adjust & tweak my control settings in a safe environment. :,(

I-hate-u

You know, there's a problem with Symmetra's range when a Soldier 76 sprinting with a head start cant outrun her.

Good, he should be punished for his crimes.

Unless she sneaks up on him, he has no business being so close. He can also melt her at close range with 5 shots and a right click if she doesn't have 75 shields.

Paltheos

Back above 2000. Finally.

Also I should never go along with "Hey, can you play Rein" ever again.

Depends on the elo you're at, although I do believe that everyone should know how to play Rein. At 2000 teams kinda suck and don't, ya know, use Rein effectively. I'm at 2700 now but I dropped to 2200 a couple weeks ago and... it's just not worth it most of the time. You're better off insta-locking Roadhog and just going ham. Most people in Gold lack the awareness to not get hooked constantly. I'd catch Lucios and Soldiers charging ahead alone or just out of position all the time, repeatedly. I could even flank, get a pick, and get away unpunished most of the time. KOTH maps are just a playground.

Once you reach Plat it gets a little better imo. People still sometimes lack the foresight to make sure the team has a Rein (leaving you with the job), but they make use of him. As long as you know how to play him, you'll be fine.

Grief.exe

Good, he should be punished for his crimes.

Unless she sneaks up on him, he has no business being so close. He can also melt her at close range with 5 shots and a right click if she doesn't have 75 shields.

I feel like the soldier would have a faster ttk even with the shields, but that assumes the soldier doesn't get snuck up on.

When your autocorrect sells you out by changing Anubis to anus and bounds to pounds.
LMFAO...

You know, there's a problem with Symmetra's range when a Soldier 76 sprinting with a head start cant outrun her.

It enrages me when I'm playing healer, backing up the DPS and they still run away from symmetra. I had a match last week where I flat out told the Soldier to switch to a healer and I switched to Reaper and proceeded to curbstomp the Symmetra. Helps that I kept stumbling across her poorly placed teleporters (without even meaning to find them) so she got tilted pretty hard by the time we won the game. No one should be afraid of a lone Symmetra, unless she's built up her charge beforehand feasting on a straggler.

On another note, I had a pretty memorable Competitive game this weekend where I was playing Mercy and the second healer was Ana. There was a Mei on the opposing team who kept beelining for me or the Ana, but if she managed to freeze Ana, I'd plink her in the head with Mercy's blaster and if she managed to freeze me, Ana would proceed to dart her and then, we'd both kill her again. I think Ana and I killed that Mei at least half a dozen times the entire fight.

Skii

Yeah that's happened a few times. You need to be on the outside range of her beam when she attacks to have a chance of escaping. You can burst her down as Soldier close range if you land the helix rocket but it's difficult for bad players (like me).

I don't know if it's a problem though. You know your effective range as Soldier. If you're getting caught out by Symmetra, it's because you're not playing in your range.

maomaoIYP

Year of the rooster trailer LEAKED!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-01-19-overwatch-celebrating-chinese-new-year-with-new-mei-d-va-skins

Edit: SYMMETRA! TRACER! YAAAAAASSSSSSSSS

Edit 2: And what looks to be a Capture the Flag mode.

Quoting myself because I was right.
Mei's skin is named "Moon Goddess".
Mercy's is named "Golden".
Symmetra is "Qipao".

I think just figured out what the new Mei skin is supposed to be.
P0Icbdb.jpg

She's supposed to be 嫦娥 Chang Er. In Chinese folklore Chang Er stole the pill of ever lasting youth and ended up flying to the moon. She's typically depicted with that scarf thingy around her neck and her Jade Rabbit, which is what Snowball is supposed to be here. In Taoism Chang Er is worshiped as the moon goddess.
edit: For comparison:
Img391039001.jpg

Rizzi

Yeah that's happened a few times. You need to be on the outside range of her beam when she attacks to have a chance of escaping. You can burst her down as Soldier close range if you land the helix rocket but it's difficult for bad players (like me).

I don't know if it's a problem though. You know your effective range as Soldier. If you're getting caught out by Symmetra, it's because you're not playing in your range.

Can't burst her down through her shield, meanwhile she's jumping around like a meth addict holding down her bullshit ranged beam.

I'm playing a competitive match in Oasis last night where my team has a 50 point average rating deficit. My team barely wins Round 1, after taking the point in overtime. Our Mercy, who eventually would earn Play of the Game for her heroic revive in Round 1 leaves the match leaving us 5 on 6. We lose Round 2 and then take Rounds 3 and 4 5v6 for a thrilling underdog and short handed win. Overwatch recognizes this brilliance by awarding me 16 competitve ranking points. LOL. Ridiculous.

Cappa

Banned
Quoting myself because I was right.
Mei's skin is named "Moon Goddess".
Mercy's is named "Golden".
Symmetra is "Qipao".

Yep, nice. Now it makes more sense huh? lol I think they did a great job just by all the leaks. Cant wait to see the finished product tomorrow.

maomaoIYP

Yep, nice. Now it makes more sense huh? lol I think they did a great job just by all the leaks. Cant wait to see the finished product tomorrow.

Yeah it does. It does look a lot better in motion too. Looks like Mei and Mercy get new emotes too. Symmetra's skin looks like a re-colour, her default skin was basically already a Qipao variant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom