• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
New years event but kh2.8 tomorrow
giphy.gif

Nimby

Banned
I just know about ilbe through Korean relatives, but according to their description, they are a far right website with incredibly racist, nationalistic views. Closest equivalent I can think of is /pol/

ilbe seems a LOT worse. Multiple rapes/murders have been linked to that site. Some very fucked up things were posted in that Reddit thread.

ilbe seems a LOT worse. Multiple rapes/murders have been linked to that site. Some very fucked up things were posted in that Reddit thread.

Apparently it's bad enough to get people fired from their jobs if they admit to having accounts there.

Jeez.

Also my new favorite thing to do is pick Torbjorn off the bat and listen to the team chat before the match starts.

Then I switch and I feel like my team is put a little at ease.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Man I just had a game where the tanks were just too afraid to push up. There was an enemy Mei just sitting on the payload, but the Dva didnt boost her off. Reinhardt didn't push up so I could stay behind shield which let me to try to go to the sides to mount any type of offense but that failed because they had a bastion and soldier behind reinhardt shield.

I just don't know what to do man. I try to stay with the group but it's like every group I get paired up with just does not want to work with me or take suggestions. Shit I switch when people ask me to switch, I group up when people request it. Why don't people just want to work together? I don't get it.
I've been in a lot of games like this. The attacking group just loses at the first point because the attacking group just won't push in and attack. They just endlessly pepper each other with stuff from a safe distance, and no one pushes forward when someone dies.

Then during the last 30 seconds before timeout, the attacking group attacks out of desperation, and they either surprisingly win because the defense wasn't that good to begin with, or they lose horribly because the push was uncoordinated/people can't aim.

I've been in a lot of games like this. The attacking group just loses at the first point because the attacking group just won't push in and attack. They just endlessly pepper each other with stuff from a safe distance, and no one pushes forward when someone dies.

Then during the last 30 seconds before timeout, the attacking group attacks out of desperation, and they either surprisingly win because the defense wasn't that good to begin with, or they lose horribly because the push was uncoordinated/people can't aim.

This is so 100% the truth it hurts. Sooooooooo many times , last 10 seconds, IT'S NOW OR NEVER! And surprise surprise, we take the point because we actually PUSHED. (OR didn't because nobody can get a kill.) It's like if they just played the game the way they play the last 10 seconds matches would be a lot better.

rulerk1

while attacking on Kings Row a junkrat was the ledge on the left. Dva, mei nor Winston saw him but I had Sombra had to try to kill him. Idiots all of them

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
EVERYTIME IM ABOUT TO KILL SOMEONE WEAK THEY GET BUBBLED BY ZARYA!!
HOLY SHIT FUCK HER AND HER DUMB ASS BUBBLES !AHHHHHHHHHH!

People worried about lucio and rein's unique abilities when zarya is the only one that can prevent one shot bursts

Drek

What can you really do with McCree though. Scrouge and Americree kind of feel like the limit of how creative you can get.

Simple character, simple skins.

What's a legendary McCree skin that you'd like?

Check off this image:
spaghetti-western-heroes.jpg

Then this:
mal.jpg

Maybe this if they want to stretch a bit further:
Vash_the_Stampede.jpg

While seeing how far they can go without getting sued maybe this one:
589388fd86bef4435bd8c175f4e1b4cd.jpg

Or the definitely better call the lawyers first but GOAT pistol wielding reticent hero of all time:
lead_large.jpg

Except for maybe this BAMF here (the blonde one, obviously):
hot-fuzz-image.jpg

Or maybe just work on some zany sci-fi or steampunk thing if they don't want to get into the legal hassle. Just allow themselves to deviate from the western stereotype if they aren't going to really hit the core western tropes well.

EVERYTIME IM ABOUT TO KILL SOMEONE WEAK THEY GET BUBBLED BY ZARYA!!
HOLY SHIT FUCK HER AND HER DUMB ASS BUBBLES !AHHHHHHHHHH!

Rescuing someone (and occasionally even getting a "thank you") is the very best feeling when playing Zarya.

Bubbling someone who just got hooked is her bread & butter.

antitrop

I'm just now getting into how much fun Ana is to play right before she gets slapped on the wrist with the nerf hammer, shame.

Reducing the amount of bonus healing on her grenade won't really make her any less fun to play.

You can still shit all over flankers with sleep darts, team wipe with Nanoboost, heal more than any other support, and mark targets for instant death with offensive grenades, etc.

I would feel bad for anyone that just started getting into D.Va, though.

Reducing the amount of bonus healing on her grenade won't really make her any less fun to play.

You can still shit all over flankers with sleep darts, team wipe with Nanoboost, heal more than any other support, and mark targets for instant death with offensive grenades.

Yeah but I'm still not super skilled with her so her being broken makes it easier for me to pick her! :p

NeoRaider

How cool would it be if we were able to gift our duplicate skins to friends instead of receiving few coins for them? It would be great option for these events and
almost
everyone would be happy.

I know I don't post much here but I just wanted to share a story. Halfway through Season 2, I made it to a high of 2847 from being placed at 2465 but the tilt got real and I ended the season at 2562. I felt pretty bummed making it relatively close only to fall that far. No worries though as I'm sure Season 3 will place me near it after my placements, right? After going 5W-4L-1D, I was placed at 2338 which was the lowest I've been thus far. Now I had to fight out of Gold again.

Against my better judgement I jumped right back into Comp and was blessed with what has been one of the best groups of randoms I've ever been paired with. No one was on mics but we clicked from the very first game which was a stomp. We decided to stay together as a team and proceeded to win 8 out of 9 games. Again, no mics, but it was like we could read each other so well. It was magical. That very afternoon, I rose up to 2665 like it was nothing. Great start to the season.

Since then was the obvious string of wins, losses, and draws and watched my rank go up, down, stay put, etc. I mostly stayed in the high 2600's to low 2700's. Then, these past few days, something happened. My friends have been playing ARK a lot and since I don't care much for it, I gave night time Overwatch a shot. This turned out to be the best decision I'd make. For some reason, between the hours of 12:-3 A.M., I would end the night 100+ SR higher than I started. Like the game was pairing me with the best teams out there.

Thursday night/Friday was 2765, Friday night/Saturday was 2867 (a new career high!). Saturday night/Sunday I ended at 2916 thanks to another great group of randoms. One being one of the best Hanzo players I've ever seen (on Xbox at least). Dude got PoTG within the first few seconds with three straight elims in three shots. We went on to win 3-4 games in a row before calling it after a Draw.

I spent most of yesterday feeling nervous about whether I should play at night again. Could this be the night? Would things go right? I ended up not even getting online until near 12:30 (reason would be another story), joined my friends party and jumped right into Comp. I can't stress enough how nervous I was. I was anticipating needing 3-4 wins were needed and my palms were indeed sweaty.

First game was Nepal with one of the most unbalanced looking teams I've ever seen. I had to go D.Va for a second tank because Rein wasn't feeling like he could do it alone which left Mercy as our only healer because Junkrat and McCree didn't want to change. Somehow, we pulled it off, as ugly and not fun as it was. My rank then received one of the biggest boosts I've had by going from 2916 to 2970. Almost there. The next game was on Numbani. We almost held the first point but the other team made it to the end with 1:45 left on the clock. Once again, another miracle happened as one of the players on the other team left the game. What followed was a 6v5 stomping on both Attack and second round Defense and Attack again. Only two back to back wins last night and I was here!

WOOO! Sure, two back to back losses came next but I was too happy to care about those. This was my goal for this year Overwatch and it happened now! Maybe Master is in my future but right now, I'm going to enjoy this and just focus on staying within this range.

I just wanted to share this with all of you because again, I don't post much, but I love reading this thread and seeing others post good stuff and I wanted to be part of that myself.

Fancolors

The 18-year-old, whose Molotov cocktail injured three of the attendees at the scene in Iksan, North Jeolla Province, reportedly “loathes” North Korea and posted an entry on Ilbe prior to committing his crime. He wrote: “If you ever hear the author Shin Eun-mi was bombed and killed, know that I was behind it.” Upon his arrest, the teen, surnamed Oh, was praised as a “hero” by some of his fellow Ilbe members for his crime.

While Oh was taken into custody by the police right after the attack, such incidents are raising concerns about the alarming state of hate crimes and their complex background in South Korea, where hate speech and anti-discrimination laws do not exist despite the U.N.’s continued advisement.

Jesus.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
no i just like to pretend that the rabble over tank meta isn't ignoring 76 dominance with lower skill requirement
Fuck anyone who says that Pharah needs a buff.

it's crazy. people don't get that she completely dominates at lower levels. like platinum or lower. maybe even diamond. and with her permanent flight mode your only real way of dealing with her now is hitscan. you can't even harass her or finish her off very well as winston or genji because 'lol flies forever'

Moonkid

Rescuing someone (and occasionally even getting a "thank you") is the very best feeling when playing Zarya.

Bubbling someone who just got hooked is her bread & butter.
There's been a couple times now where I bubbled someone pinned by Reinhardt too early and the bubble disappeared before impact lol. Sneaky Reins.
I just wanted to share this with all of you because again, I don't post much, but I love reading this thread and seeing others post good stuff and I wanted to be part of that myself.
Awesome :D Platinum to Diamond feels great. Nvm that I'm back to late 2800s again hehe.

MrPanic

Was playing some 3v3 matches to get the loot boxes before it resets. Had a couple of people on my team that picked hanzo and widow, so I completed the snipe trio by picking ana. Through counter-picks and mirror-picks we rekt them all. Got matchmade with them 4 times and owned with that sniper squad every time, or how we referred to it in chat "snip squid". Most fun I had in a 3v3 grind in a long while.

https://clips.twitch.tv/a_seagull/PleasantCodCoolCat

Seagull pls

But seriously, it looked like he was actually hitting her with the first two arrows, don't know what happened there.

No regs on projectiles happen all the time in Overwatch. Some inherent jankyness of the engine. This is why I roll my eyes when people complain about "log arrows." Aside from balance issues of forcing a projectile to hit a hitscan hitbox the game isn't robust enough to handle that kind of precision anyway.

These were rampant during the massive projectile nerf a while back. People dismissed these claims with "lol get gud" until they realized it was happening to people who mei froze and were standing completely still. It's since been reverted and no signs of it coming back, god bless.

ohkay

Maybe the presence of dps and not all tank lineups will help keep soldier in line? They're smaller hit boxes, so they're harder to hit, and more likely to flank, so soldier would have to deal with more angles of attack

Honestly been using pharah even more since the soldier update

The only thing that can stop me is going to be a good mccree

At my skill level soldiers still dont like to move while theyre shooting me or move really basic to the point where Im too far away for them to kill me and Im raining from above

Dont let your counters counter you 😢

7276E49BA481DAD253FE42D93CCB1FD61FC21F21

Wonder if the other team all got mad at Soldier for not taking care of Pharah. One of my pet peeves when I play Soldier. I'm usually pretty good with him, but people automatically assume that it's easy to take down Pharah as a soldier. They don't understand that there are a lot of great Pharah's out there (I'm a good Pharah too) who understand cover and angles so that it makes it difficult for a Soldier to get clean shots.

Paltheos

There's been a couple times now where I bubbled someone pinned by Reinhardt too early and the bubble disappeared before impact lol. Sneaky Reins.
Awesome :D Platinum to Diamond feels great. Nvm that I'm back to late 2800s again hehe.

Yup, although that's something I still need to work on. Whenever I see a Zarya bubble I try to steer the target away from the nearest wall so we'll travel longer.

KiraFA37

To be honest after getting wrecked one time to many I've been learning Pharah a bit, need to work on my aim a bit but I had some good and fun games. Any tips from our resident Pharahs? One thing I've been trying to do is focus squishies and supports.

antitrop

To be honest after getting wrecked one time to many I've been learning Pharah a bit, need to work on my aim a bit but I had some good and fun games. Any tips from our resident Pharahs? One thing I've been trying to do is focus squishies and supports.
Watch Valkia's stream

I like watching him, because Pharah is one of the few characters I don't feel comfortable playing (and no real inclination to learn her), so it's fun to watch him be a god with her.

hard focus reinhardt shields first

learn rocket velocities to get direct hits

use concussion grenades to move around fast

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
also, to those theorists that believe in the skinny mei olympic spray canon, a reminder

bastions halloween skin is a human boy

and on that note, how does reaper always have the best sprays?
overwatch-halloween-srpay-reaper.jpg

latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom