• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear this game hates me.

I get a team with a 4 stack that has an ana and mercy....and they go WM ana and battle mercy....the 76 and Roadhog had gold/silver heals.

I get a team that started off well on hanamura then suddenly the rein rushes the enemy spawn resulting in us losing the defense. On attack he throws his dva ults way too high hitting nothing.

I get a team that has a rein that had the worst connection possible pretty much making it a 5v6 the whole match since he keeps disconnecting and reconnecting.

2 weeks, going into 3 weeks of utter insanity. Even when I play amazing it's already beyond hope. I play a couple of games, lose both. Log off, play again a few hours later, lose a couple, win a couple. Next day it's lose a couple then log off. Trying everything to avoid tilted play but literally my luck has been atrocious. I had teams where our 76 is being solo'd 1v1 by an enemy Sombra....hell I've even seen a team go quad DPS on defense.

I don't want to get even started with people changing out of 2nd healer mid match leaving me wondering why am I suddenly the solo healer. Especially when there was no reason to switch

Satch

Banned
Yeh thats kinda true, I find the main problem is people just think im going to die or something. Then they get woke to one of the best combos in the game grav/emp.

ALSO, do you play behind rein shield or do you try to flank?

i always position near reinhardt like soldier and just stay close to him in fights and help break the enemy rein's shield. i feel like thats where i make the most impact, and i can farm ult super quick once it breaks. people say her damage is wimpy but it seems like i contribute a lot when it comes to breaking the enemy rein's shield quickly

Xiaoki

Yeah curious about this: is there no other counter to a Rein besides another Rein? Always feels like the case and it may be what this problem stems from.
A lot of Overwatch's problems either stemmed from Reinhardt or does stem from him.

But, Blizzard won't do anything to Reinhardt because the current "accepted meta" revolves around him so if he ever was nerfed the community would go batshit insane.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
A lot of Overwatch's problems either stemmed from Reinhardt or does stem from him.

But, Blizzard won't do anything to Reinhardt because the current "accepted meta" revolves around him so if he ever was nerfed the community would go batshit insane.

To be fair he is fundamentally hard to nerf. Like even if they super gutted him and cut his shield HP in half, that's still a big shield and one team not having that is disadvantaged in a chokepoint fight. Firestrike and charge aren't really doing anything inside.

I think his ult is a big offender to this however. The times one team has rein and the other doesn't shows most often when they keep getting free team wipes off earthshatters. Nothing you can do about that without your own rein.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Rein's fine, he has his limitations which is strictly dictated by what lineup you can run with him, current meta favours him but back when the cancer dive comp was what you run because of 50% discord winston has a higher pickrate than rein.

maomaoIYP

Can anyone explain when the hell I would ever use Zens right click? It's still pretty fucking bad for me.
It does the same damage as the regular shot per ball (46) up to 5 balls in one very short burst with no damage drop. All 5 hitting the body will kill a 200 hp hero. It's meant for sticking your neck out for a very brief instant and shotgunning it into a choke. It's also the fastest way of shutting down ultimates such as high noon or visor if you are the only line of defense. Also, discord on a Bastion in turret form, all 5 body shots and a few more regular shots will let you take him down very safely.

It is also the 2nd easiest way of taking out a full health Mei after she comes out from iceblock, just charge it up, the instant she comes out, just 3 balls into the head means instant death.

hypernima

Banned
I swear this game hates me.

I get a team with a 4 stack that has an ana and mercy....and they go WM ana and battle mercy....the 76 and Roadhog had gold/silver heals.

I get a team that started off well on hanamura then suddenly the rein rushes the enemy spawn resulting in us losing the defense. On attack he throws his dva ults way too high hitting nothing.

I get a team that has a rein that had the worst connection possible pretty much making it a 5v6 the whole match since he keeps disconnecting and reconnecting.

2 weeks, going into 3 weeks of utter insanity. Even when I play amazing it's already beyond hope. I play a couple of games, lose both. Log off, play again a few hours later, lose a couple, win a couple. Next day it's lose a couple then log off. Trying everything to avoid tilted play but literally my luck has been atrocious. I had teams where our 76 is being solo'd 1v1 by an enemy Sombra....hell I've even seen a team go quad DPS on defense.

I don't want to get even started with people changing out of 2nd healer mid match leaving me wondering why am I suddenly the solo healer. Especially when there was no reason to switch

Don't worry friend, someday the flowers will grow again.

xaosslug

matches these past few weeks have either been a complete roll (my team on the receiving end) or fighting tooth & nail, and I have to be on fire 60% of the match to gouge out a win. -___-

Dva won't be missed.

eh, she'll be back. And it will probably be worse than this time around. xD

psyfi

Banned
Doomfist will probably counter Rein given he will be a punching tank hero.
I'm really curious to see how Blizz makes punching satisfying and fun. They did a pretty good job with Rein's hammer, but for some reason I can't imagine how they're gonna handle punching. It'd just look silly while everyone else is wielding weapons. It's gotta be a super charged mechanical punch or something.

Apathy

I still maintain that 400 armour and 100 HP was perfect for her.

I would have been fine with 300/300 or 400/100. 200/400 is bleck

Goodbye wannabe D.va's.

d.va mains are going to drop her too. shes out of her mech more than in it with the way her armor and health are allocated.

Roadhog's hook is awful, even with the nerf.
Who thought the ability to one shot a hero for free(every 6 seconds even) was good idea?

Hes a walking ult battery for everyone with no mitigation, hes fine. he needs to actually land a hook to kill, and even the best roadhogs on the planet have like a mid 50's% accuracy with the hook.

jviggy43

Got to master today. From there Ive won six in a row and finding that matches are much easier because my teammates are so much more reliable and make better picks with the comp (IE no hanzos, Widows, attack bastion, etc...). Maybe its just dumb luck that Ive had such success in this tier so far and I'm sure I'm jinxing myself but it certainly feels much better playing here than before. I swear the grind from diamond to master was so taxing, even if I had a team of 5 sure enough the 1 random would be absolutely useless.

Kenai

I dunno. I do think in a vacuum Rein is fine, but his sheer amount of "required" use at higher levels of play makes me think otherwise. Getting neat 100% use like that and him being irreplaceable by any other character in his role screams design flaw. It doesn't matter if he has clear weaknesses if those weaknesses don't actually matter and he is on every "competitive" team regardless of them.

It IS probably tied more into the state of this meta than anything else though, so it might naturally correct itself with a few more champions becoming more or less relevant plus a few more brand new ones. But if it doesn't then Blizzard should probably reassess what they want tanks to actually do and then design the role around that (cause it ain't working in that case), so when something else a particular hero does gets out of line then can be more ready to adjust them.

antitrop

I really wanted that Zarya (also that nano timing)

oxJ0shV.gif

LiK

I want the new skins right now. T_T

Probably buy loot boxes on PC too just to have on both. Don't think I'll ever change them. XD

ohkay

I don't think it's Rein in particular that's the problem, it's just that the style of play he encourages is too effective at a basic level. There needs to be more options, and tanks to support that kind of play, like Winston in dive comps

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
As a healer main I quite enjoy constantly having a reckless D.Va on my team. It's a quick way to charge that ult.

caesar

Banned
Sombra in general is just a misguided kit design.Her gun is too low damage, her hacking ability can be interrupted. So you're just fiddling around waiting for your EMP which no one knows what to do regarding it.

She literally has to yell "ALL THEIR ABILITIES ARE DOWN, GO!" as her ult phrase for a team to actually appreciate it.

If her gun was higher damage and her hack couldnt be interrupted she would be straight op trust me.

Kevyt

I think I'm finally burnt out of competitive, it doesnt matter how well or bad I play, I am stuck at platinum and can't get to diamond.

I'm just playing right now as any character and just seeing how low my rank can get...

Apathy

for any of you console people (lul), heres some updates just for you

Jeff Kaplan said:
Regarding Torbjorn and Symmetra: We've been watching them closely. Up until recently they were performing in lockstep with PC. Recently they've begun to diverge a little bit so we're taking a look at them now and we'll consider adjusting them.

Regarding Reporting: This feature is coming to both PS4 and Xbox. I don't have an exact ETA because there are many moving parts to make this happen. My hope is that everything locks into place before summer... or sooner. But we're at the mercy of things beyond our control on this one and we've been working super hard to make it happen.

Regarding additional bindings: We'll work on this.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752649607?page=40#post-796

Veelk

Banned
Regarding Torbjorn and Symmetra: We've been watching them closely. Up until recently they were performing in lockstep with PC. Recently they've begun to diverge a little bit so we're taking a look at them now and we'll consider adjusting them.

I mean, I'm sure the extra precision in aiming compensates for the extra damage that Torbjorn does, but you'd think they'd want for him to be more than 'absolutely useless' on consoles.

Salarians

enemy Lucio boops me into the well on Ilios
grinding back up as the enemy D.Va self destructs
pop back up right after the explosion and get back to healing

☺
Good news for all the Funko Pop lovers out there.

That's not how D.va's mech works, and she's going to be like an inch tall.
need Symm, Lucio, and McCree... and maybe Mei, Rein, and D.Va

hopefully their QC is better than Tracer's

Roadhog's hook is awful, even with the nerf.
Who thought the ability to one shot a hero for free(every 6 seconds even) was good idea?
Hanzo and Widow can do it faster and free...er.

Basically, if one player gets a lot of reports, they actually do something about it.
There was a guy who used some script to circumvent the idle detection kicker in the Mei brawl during the holiday update. He was doing it from the first day, I saw him on the first day, I reported him on the first day. I saw him throughout the entire event and not once did he actually play, and so many people in matches were commenting on it and reporting as well. He was doing it to the very end with no issue. I don't know if any action was ever taken on them, but they really need to do better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom