• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

When are they buffing Zen?

Doesn't need it.

He sucked so badly at release, though: 150HP, Less damage, slower Discord Orbs (it was so slowwwwww). no movement speed buff during Transcendence.

He's been buffed probably more than any other character (except maybe D.Va).

Jellie

#BringBack50%Discord

mLAhT8U.png
Pls no.

So am I missing something or are we still going to be in the 3 tank meta? Ana nerf doesnt seem enough, and I doubt there has been enough testing done to tell if it has.

Satch

Banned
People that wont pick a hero because its the meta pick are so dumb lol

makes no sense to not play some heros counter because u dont want to be a "meta slave" xd

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
event probably won't go live until like afternoon est tomorrow like the other events, right? kind of wish their events went live sooner.

antitrop

So am I missing something or are we still going to be in the 3 tank meta? Ana nerf doesnt seem enough, and I doubt there has been enough testing done to tell if it has.

Rein/Zarya/Roadhog will still be a spicy comp after the patch.

With D.Va going out of flavor, the synergy in that comp is really good. Zarya can bubble Rein's charges and Roadhog's hooks to prevent CC and guarantee the picks. Roadhog has self-healing and Zarya has regenerating shields. It's all good.

Yeah curious about this: is there no other counter to a Rein besides another Rein? Always feels like the case and it may be what this problem stems from.

Rein counters are tricky because they usually need some backup. Like a Bastion melts him, but one on one it could get messy. I can boss one around as Lucio, but I need people to keep the pressure so he keeps his shield up.

One on one I'd chose Phara, Soldier, Junkrat or Zarya.

I may even settle for #HitscanZen

I would love this. Something about the timing with his orbs doesn't gel with me, I have a hard time hitting intended shots. So I just spam where I expect people to be. That usually works out though, lol.

Crazy to think this game has been out almost a year already

Crazy to think I've been playing it for almost a year and I still don't tire of it, even with comp being so tilting at times.

I reinstalled the game. Glided into diamond. Well, that was easy.

Catch me in the Plat trench, how about that?

Congrats!
One day I may join you in Diamond...

I may even settle for #HitscanZen

Oh fuck that. It's already bad enough getting hit with random projectiles behind shields and such. Hitscan Zen would be way too good.

Rein counters are tricky because they usually need some backup. Like a Bastion melts him, but one on one it could get messy. I can boss one around as Lucio, but I need people to keep the pressure so he keeps his shield up.

One on one I'd chose Phara, Soldier, Junkrat or Zarya.

I would love this. Something about the timing with his orbs doesn't gel with me, I have a hard time hitting intended shots. So I just spam where I expect people to be. That usually works out though, lol.

I mean one on one is fine. But every push with a full team seems really disadvantageous for the team without the Rein. Considering you'd have shield which also blocks his ult and multiple others.

Also yeah, Zen is so wierd with his orb hits. I think it's probably good to think about it like rapid firing near full charge Hanzo arrows, so give it some lead time.

Anne

The main problems making it broken have been nerfed enough so that other things can compete. Rein/Zarya/Roadhog/Ana is still probably pretty good, but not to the point of being unquestionably the most stable strat.

Note the main limiting factors of tank comp before was that you couldn't burst through Ana and DPS couldn't play long enough to kill tanks.

pislit

will blizzard ever release ultimate / missile effects? am a getting tired of getting widowmaker voice lines duplicates man, mix up that rng

Anne

So we have to delete roadhog got it

Tbh even with hook 2.1 he is still probably too good. I'm only thinking he'll see a bit of a drop in play because Ana can't keep up, but a part of me says ti doesn't matter as long as he is still deleting people.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
If anyone's looking for a PS4 partner, add me up: Fersis_4
I only play waifus Mercy and Pharah ... and sometimes Reinhardt.

I'm looking at my stats for overbuff and one thing is very apparent, my best character by far is Mei. I don't get why though, I feel like all I really do well is stall with her or get some decent walls to stop an enemy attack, if I can't do this then I get steamrolled and switch off immediately. I look at my stats with her and they're just not great, yet I'm getting the best W/L ratio with her. In comp, I might get a (usually bronze) medal for elims, gold on objective time (duh, I'm stalling at the point) but everything else... usually no medals.

Should I just embrace this fact and roll with Mei more often or should I keep putting in work with characters that I feel I'm doing well with even if my W/L isn't as good as it is with Mei? I'm not a fan of attack Mei (especially for 2CP), but I see it often now (I'm barely diamond). I might try a Mei-day to see how it turns out...

Apathy

Reminder again, hold off doing your arcade boxes till tomorrow so you can get event ones.

Also, can't wait for people to bitch about hog tomorrow, going to be sweet.

hypernima

Banned
I've been in a lot of games like this. The attacking group just loses at the first point because the attacking group just won't push in and attack. They just endlessly pepper each other with stuff from a safe distance, and no one pushes forward when someone dies.

Then during the last 30 seconds before timeout, the attacking group attacks out of desperation, and they either surprisingly win because the defense wasn't that good to begin with, or they lose horribly because the push was uncoordinated/people can't aim.

Dude I cannot catch a break. Just had another match where I was the only one denying payload. I die and the time falls apart. Soldier wasnt killing bastion, Mercy would not stay behind me and decided to battle marcy vs genji. I would spam group up but nobody would stay close.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Tbh even with hook 2.1 he is still probably too good. I'm only thinking he'll see a bit of a drop in play because Ana can't keep up, but a part of me says ti doesn't matter as long as he is still deleting people.

Well, the hook rework was never meant to outright be a nerf. In some ways it hurts but in others it buffs, once they added slowdown to midair hooks and some less strict LoS stuff it makes the removal of the negatives (people getting pulled and placed in weird ass spots) also help a lot more. It was ultimately something that needed to happen just due to all wonky shit possible but the added consistency of ALWAYS plopping people right in front does add more ever important consistency.

But I think it'll depend on the rest of the meta changing. Dva being nerfed is big since I actually find Roadhog's rise in the meta a perfect storm of scenarios that all favored him. Roadhog's shieldbreak is really the only other good thing he has aside from the hook, so when the meta is Rein = S tier autopick on both sides in every game mode, shieldbreak has naturally increased in value. (I actually doubt this will go down post-patch, tbh). Hook is also one of the very few things that can counter Defense Matrix in a meta where D.Va is widespread. And of course, it goes without saying that Hog's burst damage is very powerful in an Ana-dictated meta which is where Roadhog picks commands even more value. People already never die with the insane Ana burst healing which makes displacement/burst picks one of the only means to counter it. The extra benefits against dva and rein just increase it further.

Take Dva out, lessen Ana's impact and a lot will shake up either way. Dva in particular was basically just a walking NOPE stick on two rocket propelled legs who outright negated a lot of shit that might be strong that we haven't been able to see in action.

antitrop

This guy has been doing harmonica covers of video game songs on the mic for this entire game. It's been amazing. Mostly Super Mario RPG.

Can anyone explain when the hell I would ever use Zens right click? It's still pretty fucking bad for me.
The heavier the firefight is, the more dangerous it is for Zenyatta to just sit and fire continuously. It's great when you need to be low risk. It's also a good burst damage tool against characters like Bastion. I usually use L-click on Reinhardt's shield until it's cracked, and then I charged R-click while my team breaks it for a chance to burst him down.

Also, in general, it's just better to charge R-click while walking around so you can get the lead on anyone you see during travels.

Anne

Can anyone explain when the hell I would ever use Zens right click? It's still pretty fucking bad for me.

It's actually a pretty good burst option ever since they buffed it. Just have it charged when you go to peek and you might "oops" somebody out the fight. Pre-buff it was pretty bad so I think that perception is still around?

Just got my first legendary item at lvl 34. 500 coins baby, then an epic 150 coins after (why not 250 tho?).

Pretty happy with it. Now to choose what legendary skin I want...

AbaFadi

Banned
It's actually a pretty good burst option ever since they buffed it. Just have it charged when you go to peek and you might "oops" somebody out the fight. Pre-buff it was pretty bad so I think that perception is still around?

Yeah it's good for spamming choke points for anyone who might be peaking.

Skii

Well you can pick Reaper into triple tank now because Dva won't be shitting on him. But I still think it won't be enough because Roadhog getting a hook or Ana deciding to go all in on a tank you're focusing means you're dead.

Soldier might still be the proper pick vs tanks.

caesar

Banned
Cause people have no idea how to play with a Sombra.
When I ask people to get ready for when I ult Reinhardt they're like "lol wut?"

Yeh thats kinda true, I find the main problem is people just think im going to die or something. Then they get woke to one of the best combos in the game grav/emp.

Sombra in general is just a misguided kit design.Her gun is too low damage, her hacking ability can be interrupted. So you're just fiddling around waiting for your EMP which no one knows what to do regarding it.

She literally has to yell "ALL THEIR ABILITIES ARE DOWN, GO!" as her ult phrase for a team to actually appreciate it.

I've counter-sniped bad Widows with Zen's alt-fire by charging around the corner and then letting loose right where her head is as she stands in one place and fires over and over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom