• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

caesar

Banned
Hanzo and Widow can do it faster and free...er.

There was a guy who used some script to circumvent the idle detection kicker in the Mei brawl during the holiday update. He was doing it from the first day, I saw him on the first day, I reported him on the first day. I saw him throughout the entire event and not once did he actually play, and so many people in matches were commenting on it and reporting as well. He was doing it to the very end with no issue. I don't know if any action was ever taken on them, but they really need to do better.

Its a lot harder to play hanzo and widow, they dont pull tanks out of position. They dont have 600hp and heal for 300.

Incomparable.

Its a lot harder to play hanzo and widow, they dont pull tanks out of position. They dont have 600hp and heal for 300.

Incomparable.
They're incomparable as a whole definitely, but if the subject is about pickin' squishies then that's what they do, and can do a whole lot better!

I'm playing with some of my lower ranked friends on my alt account and going through Diamond is still the roughest rank. I think most people see it as "the highest rank" in a lot of ways, so they just dick around instead of actually trying to play a real game. At least the lower ranks have mostly people who are actually playing the game.

Of course, there are still some really good games you get in Diamond where everyone is working together and the enemy team is throwing themselves at you pretty hard. Just that there are also a ton of games where some dude goes Junkrat on Offense and then leaves voice chat.

Holy shit. I had no clue, I was away from that play. Insane that just swinging away and killing you the Rein would have won the game for his team.

Yeah. I hesitated in using my ult immediately after soldier because I was going to save it for Mei, but when the Rein caught me in his ult I thought that everything was over. That was really lucky.

Xux

Alright, two arcade wins out of the way.

I wish the game highlighted my sick streak with Zarya to get the first point in Hanamura instead of the double during the messy capture of the second. Oh well; такова жизнь.

I have a real bad habit of holding onto my ult, waiting for the "right moment" and getting killed for it.

It's really bad when you're Mercy, and you feel like it's a waste to rez one guy...

so you guys play well without me? I see how it is.

lol

Luck was on our side today, and also some good teammates that were actually on mic. But yesterday the games were similar to the ones we usually have when we play together, where the weirdest shit happens D:

Lyng

T

3v3 and 1v1 also exist. They have fast matches and are a welcome change of pace from comp and QP in my opinion.
Edit: And it's not that any of those modes suck per se. Trying to rush wins as fast as possible just to be done with it would lead to frustration in any mode.

The thing is as someone who has limited time to play, it feels rough having to play that many games of modes that I honestly dont enjoy. Give 3 lootboxes for the first 3 wins and let people who enjoy this mode keep playing. But dont force me into so many games

maomaoIYP

HD trailer of the event CAPTURE THE FLAG YEEE, dont know if its been posted

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/823810935152406530

New Skins and Emotes -

Junkrat
Tracer
Mei
Symmetra
Dva
Winston
Zenyatta
Mercy
Reinhardt
Bastion
Roadhog

Edit: Oh my god that Tracer dragon emote WANTTTTTTTTTTTTT

It's a lion :p . Looks like a highlight. Tracer and Mercy's skin looks great!
edit: Lijiang tower looks great with all the lanterns
edit: Completely sold on the new Mei skin now. Also Bastion has a chicken LOL
edit: I would lose my fucking marbles if Widowmaker gets the skin that's in her spray.

Cappa

Banned
It's a lion :p . Looks like a highlight. Tracer and Mercy's skin looks great!
edit: Lijiang tower looks great with all the lanterns

lol really? It looks like a dragon to me but you would know more than me haha what makes this one a lion and another a dragon?

holysan

Tracer only skipped Halloween, Roadhog gets his 3rd skin in the row, Winston 2nd legendary, Mei 2nd, Zen 2nd. Meanwhile Genji sits there with his Nihon skin, which you couldn't even buy and another skin for which you needed to play a bad game to unlock. No Ana and no Hanzo either. Widow where?

Booo this

Love Hog and Monkey anyway though

Cappa

Banned
Tracer only skipped Halloween, Roadhog gets his 3rd skin in the row, Winston 2nd legendary, Mei 2nd, Zen 2nd. Meanwhile Genji sits there with his Nihon skin, which you couldn't even buy and another skin for which you needed to play a bad game to unlock. No Ana and no Hanzo either. Widow where?

Booo this

Well, this may not be all the skins were getting. As far as I know, up until this trailer, we had no idea about Junkrat and Bastion skins.

Forkball

a13b3ac6ddec415a99869897f88c4b89.png

Maybe next year...

maomaoIYP

lol really? It looks like a dragon to me but you would know more than me haha what makes this one a lion and another a dragon?

Dragon dances are done with a series of guys holding up the dragon with sticks.
Lion dances are done with 2 people under a 'skin'. One does the head actions, the other does the back. Lions are also separated by northern and southern variations.
Southern lion (the more common variant)
d862d032a4d1ba2af643c9728cdad674.jpg
Northern lion
002564c15d090fa59d9a04.jpeg

Cappa

Banned
Dragon dances are done with a series of guys holding up the dragon with sticks.

Lion dances are done with 2 people under a 'skin'. One does the head actions, the other does the back. Lions are also separated by northern and southern variations.

cool thank you for the explanation. :) I always assumed they were just different versions of dragons.

Azoor

Looking forward to see what kind of highlight intros they have for us, some like Mercy and Pharah really need new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom