• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I want that Junkrat skin and emote. Actually most of the skins look fantastic - guess I'll probably be buying loot boxes again!

Chinese New Year > other events

I think this event trumps most of the other events because while it's "seasonal" most of the skins can also be used year-round and not feel out of place. Especially the Journey to the West ones.

LiK

Man I want that Junkrat skin and emote. Actually most of the skins look fantastic - guess I'll probably be buying loot boxes again!

I think this event trumps most of the other events because while it's "seasonal" most of the skins can also be used year-round and not feel out of place. Especially the Journey to the West ones.

I'm gonna double dip on PC for the skins for the first time. I don't think I will be switching them that much. These are gonna be my main skins for a long time. ^^

So, if the event runs until Feb 13th, think that's when season 3 will end?

Also, didn't crack 2850 last night, but hit my season high like 3 times lol. Oh well, I almost threw some games by being cocky so I guess I deserved it.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I am honestly wondering if they're saving up some good skins for a later event. Any Russian-related events anyone can think of?

I doubt Overwatch will celebrate any sort of Russia events, with the whole Putin/Trump thing going on right now.

LiK

I doubt Overwatch will celebrate any sort of Russia events, with the whole Putin/Trump thing going on right now.

I don't think that matters to them. Hopefully Zarya gets something that is more unique. She also needs better voice lines. Even her event voice lines are so boring.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I don't think that matters to them. Hopefully Zarya gets something that is more unique. She also needs better voice lines. Even her event voice lines are so boring.

Nothing beats "I want to hug you like a big fuzzy siberian bear" though.

Cappa

Banned
at least Zarya will have a spray?

Capture.jpg

_Legacy_

Had a horrible KOTH game last night and lost straight rounds to a Rein, Dva, Hog, Zarya, Mercy and Mei team. How the hell are you supposed to stop something like that? Our Reaper tried and tried but we were getting outdone. In these situations, is it best to go triple DPS? We were running triple tank, 2 healers and one DPS at the time.

LiK

I'll be on tonight and if anyone wants to invite me to Comp, I'll be maining Lucio. I'm in the support mood.

Complistic

Had a horrible KOTH game last night and lost straight rounds to a Rein, Dva, Hog, Zarya, Mercy and Mei team. How the hell are you supposed to stop something like that? Our Reaper tried and tried but we were getting outdone. In these situations, is it best to go triple DPS? We were running triple tank, 2 healers and one DPS at the time.

You wait until the hog and Dva nerf.

Spirit3

I am stuck in solo queue hell forever. Have consecutively preformed the best in terms of kills, damage done and objective kills with few to no deaths the past 2 days and yet have lost practically every match because of horrible team mates. Yet when I play with my one 3000 average SR friend we win 9 out of 10 games and we are more often than not the top 2 in terms of golds and silvers at the end of every match. But now I've dropped so low I cant play with him anymore.

Some random on my team in Comp was using that cuz most of the other team quit and he got kicked for inactivity 10 seconds before it ended, lol

That's so brutal.

At least I know now not to do that. I lucked out and got that emote on a random box right before I was going out of town. The event ended while I was still gone.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Ryujehongs the only other player apart from Seagull ive seen who has a montage video thats over 1million views.

I wanna be that good of a dps Ana ;_;
Me too. I like playing Ana, but I always feel like I'm underperforming on her because I know she's capable of so much in the right hands (aka not mine).

The other thing that blows my mind is how low his mouse sensitivity is. His hand goes all over this gigantic mousepad just to turn slightly. I have no idea how he does snap 180 degree turns and the like.

That's so brutal.

At least I know now not to do that. I lucked out and got that emote on a random box right before I was going out of town. The event ended while I was still gone.
I only realised recently that it is not safe to leave when the final score shows up and got treated as a leaver :/

Wanna try the sombra dive comp suggested a few pages back tonight. Hopefully the SR range works out so that I can play with more gaffers again.

ISOM

With that comp you should have had one of your dps go Pharah since they don't have anything to counter her.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Four tanks and a solo healing Mercy? Mercy shouldn't be able to keep all of them up if they're taking enough damage, right?

Alternately, try to assassinate the Mercy I guess.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Tried to play 3vs3 Elimination last night, 2 games straight there were folks glitching out of bounds with Mei.
Dunno how to report 'em to Blizz from the PS4 client.

LiK

Tried to play 3vs3 Elimination last night, 2 games straight there were folks glitching out of bounds with Mei.
Dunno how to report 'em to Blizz from the PS4 client.

I think Blizz wants people to submit videos or something with PS4Share to their forums. I forget

Mupod

haven't kept up with the game much since the end of the last event. In the midst of bitching about Roadhog's skins I've seen bitching that they didn't go through with the hook nerf that was on PTR? What happened there?

Skii

If you go Ana+Zen, you absolutely destroy that comp. Quadruple tank with no Ana is bad lol.

haven't kept up with the game much since the end of the last event. In the midst of bitching about Roadhog's skins I've seen bitching that they didn't go through with the hook nerf that was on PTR? What happened there?

They further refined it as all.

The 2.0 hook (as it was called) was a buggy mess, so Blizzard applied a few more rules to it, so people started calling it the 2.1 hook.

It's still a "nerf" to the hook, but it should also be much more consistent.

I had my first evening of positive winrates in a while, and it's because I started picking Roadhog and ganking people. I spend my time running around the backways and nabbing squishies while my team does the firefights. It was extremely effective and enjoyable.

Roadhog seems like a poor choice for Defense, though, so I've been using Mei as well. I really love Zenyatta, but it feels like I need a competent team for him to really shine.

holysan

I had my first evening of positive winrates in a while, and it's because I started picking Roadhog and ganking people. I spend my time running around the backways and nabbing squishies while my team does the firefights. It was extremely effective and enjoyable.

Roadhog seems like a poor choice for Defense, though, so I've been using Mei as well. I really love Zenyatta, but it feels like I need a competent team for him to really shine.

I'd pick him over any other DPS on defense. He survives a lot, eats flankers and destroys tanks.

holysan

I honestly dont understand people who play sniper characters that cant snipe.

Because snipers are fun and landing a headshot is super satisfying. I can do terribly bad on Hanzo, but the only ones who will tilt is my team and not me.

I'd pick him over any other DPS on defense. He survives a lot, eats flankers and destroys tanks.
Hmmm, interesting perspective.

I honestly dont understand people who play sniper characters that cant snipe.
Because everyone has to learn at some point. Personally, I pick Widowmaker when my team is so awful I think there's no hope of victory so that I can practice my sniping skills. I actually got gold elimination once yesterday and it felt amazing. My team was awful and we still lost, though. :p

TheChaos0

Encountered something weird in a game yesterday. While defending on Gibraltar the enemy Pharah was shooting from inside the walls above where the bridge to the shuttle. The rockets were literally coming out from the walls and shooting in that direction did not give hit markers. Not sure if it was an intentional or an accidental glitch.

I've never seen anything like that before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom