• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there was any question that Roadhog was a counter to D.Va before, she gets absolutely destroyed by him post-patch. Lank a hook and it's basically game over.

If there was any question that Roadhog was a counter to D.Va before, she gets absolutely destroyed by him post-patch. Lank a hook and it's basically game over.

Yep, which is why I'm switching back to Zarya as someone who doesn't like how Roadhog plays.

Hook me and I bubble. Hook my support and I bubble.

We still gon' melt.

But yeah, I see Hog standing tall in comp after this patch. Pharah too still.

Apathy

He wasn't before cause of the armor, it took 4 close range shots to get her out if hog was alone. Now he is cause it only takes 2 shots to get her out

Has anybody here messed with the bindings for Lucio on PS4? I changed jump to L2, Soundwave to L1, and song switch to X because it is apparently better for aiming while wall riding, but I just can't get my mind around playing him like this. Jumping with L2 kills me cause I just can't get the timing and flow right with it. Does anyone know how to help or have any experience with this?

He wasn't before cause of the armor, it took 4 close range shots to get her out if hog was alone. Now he is cause it only takes 2 shots to get her out

If your team was smart and focused her while you hooked, she was absolutely countered by him. Now the focusing barely matters.

Salarians

These options may have already existed on PC but to my fellow Lucios, go into options and turn "allow backwards wall ride" to on.

Mercy also has a seemingly new "toggle guardian angel" option which defaults to on. Turning it off means you now have to hold the button to glide and letting off will cancel it mid flight. You can also preemptively hold down the button and she'll glide when an applicable target enters view.

Sorry if this has been mentioned.

My friend thought that you could gift lootboxes and he wanted to get me some for my birthday and he accidentally bought them for himself 😂😂

I feel really bad tho cus he's not the most well off dude. I told him just to treat that as a birthday gift to me cus I was the one that pressured him into getting a PS4 for Overwatch in the first place.

Moonkid

Has anybody here messed with the bindings for Lucio on PS4? I changed jump to L2, Soundwave to L1, and song switch to X because it is apparently better for aiming while wall riding, but I just can't get my mind around playing him like this. Jumping with L2 kills me cause I just can't get the timing and flow right with it. Does anyone know how to help or have any experience with this?
I like having L1 for jump because it just feels nicer to hold, plus boop on L2 is more satisfying. Song switch should ideally be on L3 or R3 so you can switch while aiming/firing/moving. Or you could have boop on R3 and switch on L2.

Braag

I can't remember when was the last time I actually won a match. ugh.
I wish there was some place to see your last matches cause I easily must have a 10 - 20 loss streak going. Most of the matches start with our team doing well, opposite team choosing counters and our team refusing to change, thus losing.

These options may have already existed on PC but to my fellow Lucios, go into options and turn "allow backwards wall ride" to on.

Mercy also has a seemingly new "toggle guardian angel" option which defaults to on. Turning it off means you now have to hold the button to glide and letting off will cancel it mid flight. You can also preemptively hold down the button and she'll glide when an applicable target enters view.

Sorry if this has been mentioned.
Lucio's is new but Mercy's had that for a while :)

I haven't messed with that option yet, but it doesn't sound too hot to me. You could always cancel by activating it again. Which is way safer than accidentally losing a jump by letting go.

Maybe that will change though, I donno.

People bitched they wanted the hook fix. it got fixed, no more "bs hooks". Live with it

Yeah, at least now Ill feel like I deserved that hook. Before I would literally get grabbed while I was standing behind my tanks. It was stupid.

Veelk

Banned
I feel like locking down the flag point is way too easy. If even only 2 people are there defending it, the attackers have an INCREDIBLY hard time trying to hold it. Symmetra is an especially potent defender. People thought the Sym+Torb was annoying on objective maps, god all fucking mighty, it's just flat out STUPID here. All I'm getting is one long dragged out game after another. I haven't had a single game yet where the flag was capped 3 times.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Capture the Rooster is UNPLAYABLE with Randoms.

Holy fucking shit just everybody going in different fucking directions with a Hanzo and a Widow on the same team trying to capture.

Just... FUCK.

pharah and 76 are next on the nerf block esp with dva ground into the dirt

Nah no way Pharah is next nerf, Soldier might be a part of it but when there's less tanks in the meta he becomes worse.

Symmetra is likely the next nerf, hopefully it's reverting her beam distance to what it once was.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Capture the Rooster is UNPLAYABLE with Randoms.

Holy fucking shit just everybody going in different fucking directions with a Hanzo and a Widow on the same team trying to capture.

Just... FUCK.

Best forget about that free loot box man.

Apathy

It is still a OHKO on a 6 second cooldown

And people assume every 6 seconds a hog kills someone on the team, despite even the best hogs on the planet running a 55ish% hook average. Don't be in a place where a hog is going to get you, don't be out in the open, stand behind your rein, have a zarya that can shield you. Hey guess what, every so often, a hog will get you and kill you, it's how the kit works.

People that bitch about the hook and roadhog and a ohko are the same people that bitched that d.va was opressive, that bitched that bastion was oppressive, that bitched about every character in the game to the point that they want a character nerfed to be a 0% pick. At some point people need to realize you need to play around certain things, it's a team game and it's about positioning.

It is still a OHKO on a 6 second cooldown
One of limited range, can miss, can be interrupted/defended once hooked, leaves Roadhog vulnerable during, and is part of a character that is perhaps the easiest target in the game. He's a pick class, this is what he's always going to do lest he be useless.

Dumb question, but what is the best combo for the hook?

Do I shortrange blast in the face or use the mid range shot? And do I melee?
Hog's alt-fire is ONLY for longer range opponents. If you hit someone with the bunched shrapnel before it pops, it only does 50 damage. The general combo for Hog is hook, shoot, melee, but for the most ideal damage you shoot (or alt-fire if they're at range), then hook, shoot, melee.

I-hate-u

Heart goes out to D.Va's family. She died so young.
759.gif

In my absence from the game I return to discover the standard PS4 player has forgotten the art of looking up and shooting at the Pharah players going off on a 10 plus kill streak despite my desperate discords and the constant rockets going off around us.

Coming off Titanfall 2 i'm wondering if the standard time to kill mechanics of the modern FPS have just completely dampened the awareness abilities of some in games like this where you can live longer than a seconds worth of bullet riddling, so much obliviousness in the face of blatant threat.

Shortrange blast followed by immediate button push of melee. Always

One of limited range, can miss, can be interrupted/defended once hooked, leaves Roadhog vulnerable during, and is part of a character that is perhaps the easiest target in the game. He's a pick class, this is what he's always going to do lest he be useless.

Hog's alt-fire is ONLY for longer range opponents. If you hit someone with the bunched shrapnel before it pops, it only does 50 damage. The general combo for Hog is hook, shoot, melee, but for the most ideal damage you shoot (or alt-fire if they're at range), then hook, shoot, melee.
Much appreciated! I got his new skin so sucking total ass with him just doesn't fly anymore

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
In my absence from the game I return to discover the standard PS4 player has forgotten the art of looking up and shooting at the Pharah players going off on a 10 plus kill streak despite my desperate discords and the constant rockets going off around us.

Coming off Titanfall 2 i'm wondering if the standard time to kill mechanics of the modern FPS have just completely dampened the awareness abilities of some in games like this where you can live longer than a seconds worth of bullet riddling, so much obliviousness in the face of blatant threat.
It's the same case on PC.

I've seen people say that but I am yet to get killed by a Roadhog today. Played 10+ matches with D Va.

Every time they hook me I just immediately do my fly spell and peace tha fook out. Am I just facing shite Roadhogs? Keyboard and mouse controls fwiw

Skii

And people assume every 6 seconds a hog kills someone on the team, despite even the best hogs on the planet running a 55ish% hook average. Don't be in a place where a hog is going to get you, don't be out in the open, stand behind your rein, have a zarya that can shield you. Hey guess what, every so often, a hog will get you and kill you, it's how the kit works.

People that bitch about the hook and roadhog and a ohko are the same people that bitched that d.va was opressive, that bitched that bastion was oppressive, that bitched about every character in the game to the point that they want a character nerfed to be a 0% pick. At some point people need to realize you need to play around certain things, it's a team game and it's about positioning.

So getting a free kill every 12 seconds is okay? And that's at the top level against the best players in the game.

"Play around" Dva lmfao.

I've seen people say that but I am yet to get killed by a Roadhog today. Played 10+ matches with D Va.

Every time they hook me I just immediately do my fly spell and peace tha fook out. Am I just facing shite Roadhogs? Keyboard and mouse controls fwiw

Played a game where every time I hooked her she died, and she's very easy to land a hook on. Without all the armor she can't take huge bursts of damage like she use to. If someone puts a couple shots in after the hook combo she's out of mech pretty easily IMO.

Apathy

So getting a free kill every 12 seconds is okay? And that's at the top level against the best players in the game.

"Play around" Dva lmfao.

It means going down in skill you have even worse aim. low level hogs don't magically have better aim that the guys at the top

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I kinda like that CTF mode.
I also think it's terrible

I played ~15 games today and 13 of them were draws. Way too easy to defend

Skii

It means going down in skill you have even worse aim. low level hogs don't magically have better aim that the guys at the top

But even at lower levels, getting a hook is so easy even for bad players. You literally have to throw it into a group of players and you get a free pick. It's not coincidence all the Roadhog mains basically jumped up massive amounts of SR this season.

Sure, as it's free in the way any other kill is free.

No, it's not the same at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom