• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
But even at lower levels, getting a hook is so easy even for bad players. You literally have to throw it into a group of players and you get a free pick. It's not coincidence all the Roadhog mains basically jumped up massive amounts of SR this season.

No, it's not the same at all.

Getting an SR jump doesn't make sense since what you said would have applied since the game came out.

But even at lower levels, getting a hook is so easy even for bad players. You literally have to throw it into a group of players and you get a free pick. It's not coincidence all the Roadhog mains basically jumped up massive amounts of SR this season.

No, it's not the same at all.
Did Roadhog do something personal to you that we should know about?

Satch

Banned
These dva players are driving me insane, they cant do all that moronic bullshit they used to do but theyre trying and just feeding

They shouldn't have allowed defense or support characters in the grab the cock mode.

It's just stupid and means that you just turtle until one team gets desperate and pushes, wipes, then the best turtle team wanders over to your point to pick up the flag and win the six minute game with one flag in overtime. Lol

If this doesn't happen, you just draw instead.

Papercuts

They shouldn't have allowed defense or support characters in the grab the cock mode.

It's just stupid and means that you just turtle until one team gets desperate and pushes, wipes, then the best turtle team wanders over to your point to pick up the flag and win the six minute game with one flag in overtime. Lol

If this doesn't happen, you just draw instead.

The damage = capture reset makes torb and sym a little too much I think. The turret pinging you needs to be cleared for anyone to pick up the flag which makes them vital.

Apathy

These dva players are driving me insane, they cant do all that moronic bullshit they used to do but theyre trying and just feeding

guarantee you a large part of the player base don't even realize she was nerfed. Like they pick her cause they have been pickier her this whole time, go into a game and play her the exact same and don't even realize the health and damage change, and it's going to take a while before they do realize it

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
can attack syms switch to sombra or whatever other koth snowflake they want to play now?

im just watching them do absolutely nothing and they never stop playing her.

Joyful

5 loot boxes and nothing good

h9ydbCv.gif

Skii

Getting an SR jump doesn't make sense since what you said would have applied since the game came out.

Because a pick is far more valuable this season...

Yes it is. How is it free in a way others aren't? I don't know what I'm paying for when shooting people up as other characters.

You think it's fair to have the opportunity of getting a pick every 6 seconds even though there is absolutely no draw back if you mess it up?

I don't know the state Roadhog is currently in and he may be "fine" now but that will always be an unfair part of his kit and you really can't equate it to anything else in this game because of how forgiving it is.

Apathy

Capture The Doomfist. Give special abilities to the one holding it.

They don't seem to like with messing with heroes default abilities. what they might do is if you hold the doomfist you get a damage increase, damage taken slowly increase (or slowly increasing ticking damage). You and your team try to hold it in the middle of a designated area for as long as possible to gain points, first to x number of points wins

something like Temple of Kotmogu from wow

Papercuts

Because a pick is far more valuable this season...

You think it's fair to have the opportunity of getting a pick every 6 seconds even though there is absolutely no draw back if you mess it up?

I don't know the state Roadhog is currently in and he may be "fine" now but that will always be an unfair part of his kit and you really can't equate it to anything else in this game because of how forgiving it is.

SR bloat has happened everywhere, not just with roadhog mains.

Sande

CTF sucks because OW has such high mobility and high time to kill that once you get a flag, it's an almost guaranteed point. To balance this, they overdid the long flag pickup that gets interrupted by any damage. The point of CTF is the back and forth, moving the flag and returning it to base. Currently it's basically just 2 static capture points.

--

Now that they fixed Roadhog, they can finally get started on fixing him.

Give his shotgun 6 shells and/or a slightly faster rate of fire.
8 second cooldown and/or reasonable (=smaller) hitbox on the hook.

Aside from like, Reinhardt's charge, all abilities are forgiving. Hey, you messed up as Tracer? Press E to get out of jail free! Got in a shitty position as Genji? Press E and abuse the generous hitbox and squirm out! There are a lot of opportunities to get picks from a lot of sources. That's Roadhog's, and there are ways to defend around it, there are ways to play around it, and Roadhog can be zoned pretty hard.

holysan

Lots of delicious D.Va mains tears on the bnet forums. Great.

I wouldn't have a problem if Roadhog gets nerfed so far that he can't one-shot anymore, since it would make the game more fun for everyone but Hog. Maybe rework him, make him more tanky and less of an ult feeder through armor and reduce his dmg output.

But Dva needed that nerf and DMatrix is still very hateable.

Skii

Aside from like, Reinhardt's charge, all abilities are forgiving. Hey, you messed up as Tracer? Press E to get out of jail free! Got in a shitty position as Genji? Press E and abuse the generous hitbox and squirm out! There are a lot of opportunities to get picks from a lot of sources. That's Roadhog's, and there are ways to defend around it, there are ways to play around it, and Roadhog can be zoned pretty hard.

But Tracer only has 150HP and has to deep in enemy lines as a flanker. Same with Genji. Deflect isn't forgiving at all lol. You're still in massive trouble if you dont have dash. You've just compared Roadhog who peaks around corners or behind his Reinhardt to flankers who have to go completely all in to get their target. That's the difference.

With Reaper potentially in the meta, maybe we can finally play around Roadhog. Was nearly impossible before unless you was Dva.

I'm at my low point with this game.

I honestly try to be nice and not care about solo queue, but jesus man, I've dropped from like 2650 -2200 from this weekend. Just awfull AWFUL teams. And not even bad comp, but no coordination, everyone doing their own thing, terrible team play. I just don't get it.

And today Sombra after Sombra, while most of them are even defending themselves. I really don't get it. She got a slight buff great why the FUCK use her in competitive if you don't main her. One guy was complaining about how he had 30 some enemies EMP'd, when every single time he'd EMP 40 feet away from the point and then get demolished by himself.

This season has been nothing but just a super shitty grind all for a golden gun. Fuck me.

Plesiades

They don't seem to like with messing with heroes default abilities. what they might do is if you hold the doomfist you get a damage increase, damage taken slowly increase (or slowly increasing ticking damage). You and your team try to hold it in the middle of a designated area for as long as possible to gain points, first to x number of points wins

something like Temple of Kotmogu from wow

Yeah, you're right. And besides, creating animations for every character just for this would be kinda dumb.

Maybe a 1-flag CTF would've worked better?

But Tracer only has 150HP and has to deep in enemy lines as a flanker. Same with Genji. Deflect isn't forgiving at all lol. You're still in massive trouble if you dont have dash. You've just compared Roadhog who peaks around corners or behind his Reinhardt to flankers who have to go completely all in to get their target. That's the difference.
And Roadhog is slow firing, slow reloading, is the easiest target in the game, feeds ults like crazy, can be interrupted even once he's got someone hooked, has no good get out of jail free card once he is in a bad spot, is a sitting target WHILE he's hooking, and so on. I mean my point isn't that they're the same kind of characters, but his ability is no more forgiving than anyone else out there, so I mean it's fine if you don't like it, but that's not enough for it to be an issue.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
D.va is so strong in CTF.

But why do I have to wait over 3 minutes to get a match in any mode? Wait times so ridiculous in this game.

Holy shit. First yellow of the event. And it's Scavenger DVA. Come the hell on, event legendaries need to be more of a priority compared to normal ones. The fact that scavenger looks like the new DVA skin from a glance made me more upset.

LiK

Motherfucker wont give me Rein skin. Almost had the full crew in one 50 pack. I'll play and see if I get lucky before I spend the coins. Also missing Tracer skin and her highlight.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
roadhog is better than ever

honestly this and the tank meta just makes the balance feel more out of control than ever before. like this and the dva roundabout nerf after a buff and making her worse than launch just i dont see how people can take the game seriously

exYle

yea road is just absurd right now. DVa was his best counter and shes garbage now

I have a feeling Sombra will start to be a reliable check for Roadhog now. It is highly unlikely that he'll be able to stop her hack in 0.8 seconds (if she gets the drop on him) and then he's a sitting fat dick for 6 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom