• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghazi

Control Center is not a good map for CTF. At least I got the achievement :D

U1Lqc6e.png

Winston is definitely a broken pick in CTF. It's weird that people are calling for it to be permanent: it's hella unbalanced, doesn't work with the mechanics of the game, and promotes camping.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bastion needs an escape ability on a long cooldown kind of like Sergeant Hammer's jets in Heroes of the Storm. Otherwise he will continue to be a required babysitting project and no hero should be that way.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I have a feeling Sombra will start to be a reliable check for Roadhog now. It is highly unlikely that he'll be able to stop her hack in 0.8 seconds (if she gets the drop on him) and then he's a sitting fat dick for 6 seconds

Not when he 2-hits sombra with the shotgun at hack range.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eh, they tend to fine tune things after a drastic change (except for the last one for some reason....), just look at the trails and tribulations of mccree.

Also DVa was super fucking bad for the game with her previous buff. Just shut down too many things without really raising the skill ceiling of average play.

It's not meant to be better.

It's meant to be a nerf.
I mean better for the game in general. Moving a character from A-tier to complete garbage isn't really a compelling change. There's a wide chasm of possibilities in between those two areas.

The changes from nerf to buff for D.Va make it seem like they don't know what they want D.Va to be and that they need to rework rather than buff/rebuff her.
I think he meant "How is it better for the game"

and it's not :(
Correct.

Ghazi

But it actually is.

It's definitely an improvement, but they overnerfed her. I assume they'll continue to fine tune her as time goes. She still has one of the best abilities in the game imo, that's a huge plus for her regardless of her status. I've noticed with their patches they're focusing on fewer changes on fewer characters at a time than they were before. It's clear they learned their lesson from Ana.

Veelk

Banned
Fake D.va mains be purged! She's still way above her launch status.

Well, yeah, but that's not exactly a high bar to clear. I was a D.Va main from the beginning. I'm still adjusting, but you can do some work with her now...but still think her original heath ratio was the best fit for her.

If nothing else, the meka having 400 health is just wierd. It's a fucking machine. It SHOULD be mostly armor.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean it's not better for DVa's game specifically but I would definitely argue that it is an overall net improvement for the entire game.

I dunno, I do agree with needing a rework though. I started out as a DVa main but when they made DM into a spammable toggle I just kinda fell away. She's just not really as engaging to play as launch DVa even though she's definitely better.

Pooya

remember when roadhog was supposed to be nerfed? lmao.

the game is even worse than last patch, they somehow managed to do it.

Played some sombra in quick play and she seems a lot more fun. My hacks were going through so much more often. Still need to learn how to play her better but the potential is there no doubt.

remember when roadhog was supposed to be nerfed? lmao.

the game is even worse than last patch, they somehow managed to do it.
Everyone kept complaining about WTF hooks because they didn't know how the hook mechanics worked with only a small fraction of them actually being BS. This is what they have wrought. Where is your guard. Where is your guard now.

Apathy

Hook rework was never meant to be a nerf.

Everyone kept complaining about WTF hooks because they didn't know how the hook mechanics worked with only a small fraction of them actually being BS. This is what they have wrought. Where is your guard. Where is your guard now.

lol, thats the best part of all this, the "bs hooks" that people got are over, what are they going to bitch about now? you get hit by a hook it's your fault, and you were going to die before from a valid hook anyway, it's glorious to witness this

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
As a normie I'd rather they make the 2 Attack heroes I can actually play viable. ;_;

As a mei player I feel like I should be better at genji but I'm just straight garbage with him.

I just straight up dont like the designs or characters of the attack heroes that much

Played about 20 matches of ctf

I'VE HAD 18 FUCKING DRAWS WHAT IS THIS SHIT
Played about 15 won 12 of them 1 loss 2 draws most games go two people stay at base well other 4 cap if there is a stale mate I'll build my turret near their flag to help cap it or run it myself

Edit
This blows

1v1 is gone now I have to rely on shit team mates for my loot boxes
I have my best luck with 3v3 when 1v1 is gone the games go by pretty quick

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
they'll add 20 new heroes and zarya and roadhog will continues to run things

you might say 'but lucio and reinhardt' but lucio and rienhardt just boost zarya and roadhog running things. practically accessories

jviggy43

2 flag ctf breaks the dynamics of the game. Every mode is centered around working as a team of 6 and the various synergies you can create with the characters. Having that team split up to play offense/defense goes against what most modes are about. They should have made it 1 flag and the flag carrier cannot use their abilities when running the flag.

CTF rewards static defense too much. there's pretty much no punishment to running symmetra torb since you have to stand on the flag for 2 seconds and any damage ruins that.

hypernima

Banned
Nope, just need to win the game 3-0.

Gotten the achievement on my first game playing as a lucio just running around booping people

I just did that, got no achievement :(

And man people REALLY don't know how to play with Sombra. I hacked Rein's shield and bastion three times and people still couldnt mount an offense...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom