• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
The general pop also failed to realize "bullshit hooks" made up a small small small percent of the hooks hog players made, and what they usually construed as a "BS hook" was legit hooks that by virtue of momentum and lag on their end looked like bs. The fact that mei and reaper and ana were usually not one hit kills before was because they were pulled in less than all the other characters. Everyone getting pulled in the same amount makes it so that a hog has to compensate less (usually was by walking forward and aiming at a different spot).

But hey, why should people know even a little bit about a character they call for nerfs, easier to just chalk up being bad to a character and "broken hooks".

oh they made it so all characters get hooked to the same position? i guess that's why ana seemed to easy to kill tonight...

Fugu

New patch new bug: Mercy will sometimes have her options for Guardian Angel flipped between rounds (never the first round) despite appearing the same in the menu. This can be... pretty bad as instead of flying to a teammate you'll just dive directly into the ground.

If this happens, you have to go into the character-specific controls and change the option from what it's supposed to be and then back to what it's supposed to be. To anyone playing as Mercy, I would recommend testing that Guardian Angel is working like you expect it to in the warmup.

From looking briefly at the Battle.net forums it seems this can also affect other options, like Ana/Widow scope toggle, but that seems less serious.

New patch new bug: Mercy will sometimes have her options for Guardian Angel flipped between rounds (never the first round) despite appearing the same in the menu. This can be... pretty bad as instead of flying to a teammate you'll just dive directly into the ground.

If this happens, you have to go into the character-specific controls and change the option from what it's supposed to be and then back to what it's supposed to be. To anyone playing as Mercy, I would recommend testing that Guardian Angel is working like you expect it to in the warmup.

From looking briefly at the Battle.net forums it seems this can also affect other options, like Ana/Widow scope toggle, but that seems less serious.

Just noticed this happening to my girlfriend. Thanks, she'll appreciate the fix.

Anne

I believe someone mentioned a few pages back that a few others had noticed that as well, so it's probably not just you.

I feel like out of my mind cause not a lot of people have mentioned it. My critrate tonight was pretty insane and a lot of stuff felt just a bit "faster" on reg.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
oh they made it so all characters get hooked to the same position? i guess that's why ana seemed to easy to kill tonight...

Yeah, and they're all universally RIGHT in your face. No more little strats to kill each character.

The amount of mei's I one shot today is magical.

Fugu

I feel like out of my mind cause not a lot of people have mentioned it. My critrate tonight was pretty insane and a lot of stuff felt just a bit "faster" on reg.
Been hearing a looooooot from the people I group with who play DPS about their aim being on fire today. For what it's worth, my Mercy crit rate today was 50% higher than what it usually is.

Just noticed this happening to my girlfriend. Thanks, she'll appreciate the fix.
Blizzard's "known bugs" list implies that this only happens in KotH and only after the first round, which is consistent with my experience.

Yeah I've had to point that out to a lot of people posting "bs hook" clips. There are some that were just genuinely messed up, but by and large it was just a complete misunderstanding of how the hook worked. Mostly that it did not pull instantaneously nor freeze you in place the moment you got hooked.

I think a lot of the problem was how Blizzard chose to visualize it in-game. Should someone get a chain attached to them and then run around a corner, when the person pulls the chain, you're still going to get pulled towards them. Blizzard just decided to represent a person getting hooked as the chain being attached at center mass with a direct line towards the hog, regardless of whether or not there was level geometry in the way, creating the sentiment that people were getting hooked through walls.

Something about hit reg or client side detection feels diff. Iunno if I'm crazy but hitscan seems a bit diff for sure. I've also had a number of client side detection bugs too.

I was trying to figure out if it was the new hook or just latency issues after the patch dropped but I had two incidences that kinda confused me. First I hooked a Ana and then a Zarya bubbled her and the hook popped off before she was pulled. I thought it could have been a lag issue or somehow Zarya applied the bubble between the hook and the LOS check and that just caused the hook to fail. In another instance I hooked a Rein and he popped the hook off by shielding but I'm more inclined to believe this was a latency issue.

Fugu

I think a lot of the problem was how Blizzard chose to visualize it in-game. Should someone get a chain attached to them and then run around a corner, when the person pulls the chain, you're still going to get pulled towards them. Blizzard just decided to represent a person getting hooked as the chain being attached at center mass with a direct line towards the hog, regardless of whether or not there was level geometry in the way, creating the sentiment that people were getting hooked through walls.

I was trying to figure out if it was the new hook or just latency issues after the patch dropped but I had two incidences that kinda confused me. First I hooked a Ana and then a Zarya bubbled her and the hook popped off before she was pulled. I thought it could have been a lag issue or somehow Zarya applied the bubble between the hook and the LOS check and that just caused the hook to fail. In another instance I hooked a Rein and he popped the hook off by shielding but I'm more inclined to believe this was a latency issue.
I saw this exact thing happen today.

The bottomless pits on maps need lower floors. I've died a handful of times as Sombra because I can't toss her teleport beacon up and activate it fast enough for the server to register the move. (I'm not sure if it's ping or what, but it feels really lame hearing the teleport sound and dying a split second later.)

Also, Sombra's hack should trap D.va in her mech if she happens to lose the mech while hacked. Let's go all the way with the D.va nerf.

spootime

Theyve done some sort of stealth buff to widowmaker hit registration. Its significantly easier to hit a headshot now, I'm hitting shots I would never have hit in a million years before the patch.

And yes, I'm 99% sure I'm not imagining it.

I-hate-u

I have experienced some weird glitches after the patch. Stuff like health bars and ult charges displaying time digits "09:23" instead of the appropriate health or charge, and constant failure to join QP matches when grouped up with a friend.

I have experienced some weird glitches after the patch. Stuff like health bars and ult charges displaying time digits "09:23" instead of the appropriate health or charge, and constant failure to join QP matches when grouped up with a friend.
I noticed my health read as 2:4 as Reaper at one point, really weird.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I thought it was just me.

Blues1990

Damn, skinny waist Mei is a bug. I'm sad

I'm what way? It's a technical modeling error that makes it look like her center torso has been squished forward, in turn creating a anatomically incorrect looking back arc.

Or is it that she isn't chubby? Yeah, I'm pretty bummed about that as well, as Overwatch is a game that proudly presents diversity as one of its main themes and selling points, so for itself, it is important to be inclusive of all types of people, lifestyles, cultures, orientations, etc.

The reason why this is so important for some people is because those "some people" are usually marginalized that see no positive representation of their types in popular media, if at all. That's why it's such a huge deal in the LGBT community that Tracer, the idol of the most popular game of 2016, is a lesbian.

Meccs

I wonder why they didn't add more bloom to the modified maps (Lijiang). I think you still can see too much /s

scotcheggz

Don't think D.va is as bad as people are saying... I just played a comp game where all my main picks were gone and we were a tank shy, so I thought screw it and went D.va, did as ever with her. The one thing I'd say is a little different is you can't dive in head first, kamikaze style and frustrate as much as before, but otherwise I didn't feel like she was *that* different. The team we were up against wasn't a steamroll either, it was a tough, teeth gritting 1-1 payload victory.

Cappa

Banned
I'm what way? It's a technical modeling error that makes it look like her center torso has been squished forward, in turn creating a anatomically incorrect looking back arc.

Or is it that she isn't chubby? Yeah, I'm pretty bummed about that as well, as Overwatch is a game that proudly presents diversity as one of its main themes and selling points, so for itself, it is important to be inclusive of all types of people, lifestyles, cultures, orientations, etc.

The reason why this is so important for some people is because those "some people" are usually marginalized that see no positive representation of their types in popular media, if at all. That's why it's such a huge deal in the LGBT community that Tracer, the idol of the most popular game of 2016, is a lesbian.

http://kotaku.com/overwatch-skin-accidentally-made-mei-look-thinner-1791596606

MrPanic

16 lootboxes of pure trash, pretty sure I'm gonna hate this game in a few weeks.

Did they make the hook's hitbox smaller? I can't help but feel that you have to be more precise with the hook now than last week on the ptr, but maybe I'm just tripping. This new hook is great though, having that followup shot be so reliable really helps, though in a way makes hog a bit less exciting.

What's going on with D.Va in Ecopoint?

Whenever her mech is destroyed she disappears for about 7 seconds and then it comes up on the kill feed that she's killed herself. Very odd.

Loving that new kill feed by the way.

Mendrox

I mean it's not better for DVa's game specifically but I would definitely argue that it is an overall net improvement for the entire game.

I dunno, I do agree with needing a rework though. I started out as a DVa main but when they made DM into a spammable toggle I just kinda fell away. She's just not really as engaging to play as launch DVa even though she's definitely better.

What? Not as engaging after they changed the DM? That's the whole reason to engage without taking damage. That was the best change back then (including her not dieing from her own ultimate) so she is still much better than at launch (where I immediately mained her). I would just like to have her old HP and armor back. It was fine before everything and now if you suddenly get gangbanged, you get killed so hard, that you don't even see anything if you are unlucky.

Lord I remember the old DM days. And the cooldown lol

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
What? Not as engaging after they changed the DM? That's the whole reason to engage without taking damage. That was the best change back then (including her not dieing from her own ultimate) so she is still much better than at launch (where I immediately mained her). I would just like to have her old HP and armor back. It was fine before everything and now if you suddenly get gangbanged, you get killed so hard, that you don't even see anything if you are unlucky.

Lord I remember the old DM days. And the cooldown lol

Yeah it sounds insane to me too, but i think I've managed to pin it down to that i enjoy playing tanks because of the management aspect of it, and new dm just kinda makes it too rote.

Take rein for example. People think he's boring but i think he's really fun, because he has to make a lot of micro and macro management. Stuff like managing shield health, positioning, when to engage and when to pull back holds quite a bit of weight because there are some real risks to it. Zarya you need a real macro sense of the battle to get the right bubbles in, and with Winston it's all about shield placement, playing around shield and learning when to get out of your dive, because if you can't do that it's very easy to play a Winston that keeps on feeding.

Dva is just kinda dive into whatever dps/healer, keep attacking/dming, and if things get too hairy just dm and fly out, and the new dm just makes it too easy for her to do it due to the lack of having to really manage it. It's just too spammy for me.

Dva with the new dm, the only real risk you face is playing against her hard counters, which isn't that fun to me. The previous patch made it so she didn't really have a true hard counter, but i still didn't really feel it.

Goldboy

Played a match for the first time in a month or so and I'm having a blast with CTF. Hoping it gets some tweaks and gets added as a permanent game mode.

Also, it feels like they went way overboard with nerfing D.va, which is unfortunate since her new skin is really nice.

IceMarker

I just need 1 more win in Arcade Mode to have my boxes so I can go back to Comp/QP and it's taking a thousand fucking years.

MAKE IT PLAY 9 BLIZZARD, NOT WIN 9

Why in the holy hell did they unbind team chat and turn it into a Spray menu thing? Yeah, I won't chat to my team but I can spray more shit.

vanty

I got a gold!

it was goth zarya

ME TOO!

it was arctic zarya

At least I got the new Bastion skin in the same box.

But also means my chances of getting Mei, Zen, or D.va's skins are almost non-existent since I only play enough for one box a day at the most.

The bottomless pits on maps need lower floors. I've died a handful of times as Sombra because I can't toss her teleport beacon up and activate it fast enough for the server to register the move. (I'm not sure if it's ping or what, but it feels really lame hearing the teleport sound and dying a split second later.)

Also, Sombra's hack should trap D.va in her mech if she happens to lose the mech while hacked. Let's go all the way with the D.va nerf.
They need to change how they teleport Sombra in general. She seems to exist in two places at once for a brief moment, and there have been so many times I've died from damage after translocating that definitely weren't lag, because the cooldown resets and stays cooling down and the killcam also shows me disappearing before the killer gets the red skull.

They need to change how they teleport Sombra in general. She seems to exist in two places at once for a brief moment, and there have been so many times I've died from damage after translocating that definitely weren't lag, because the cooldown resets and stays cooling down and the killcam also shows me disappearing before the killer gets the red skull.

Huh. I've always attributed that to lag, but I'll try to pay more attention to it. Wouldn't surprise me...

Like, just today I had an issue where the teleport straight-up didn't work--nothing happened. The beacon was ~eight feet from the enemy spawn door, which is all I can think that could cause it. (It wasn't glitching through any walls or anything either.) Really sucked.

Oh, and her hack is pretty buggy too. I've had the 'hack complete' noise play countless times on a moving enemy without it actually registering (no cooldown, enemy unaffected). I figure it's a ping issue, where I see them for 0.8 seconds, but the server does not for whatever reason. It happens when the enemy pops around walls a lot.

The shortened hacking time feels a lot better though. I can sort of see how she ambushes people now. And the reduced cooldown makes it a lot more reliable, with less sitting waiting for cooldowns happening.

That sucks about the translocator just not working, lol. Wonder what that was about.

One thing I've noticed with her hack is that you can start it and then change targets at the last second. Like yesterday I was hacking someone then they moved and they were in front of a health pack so I just instahacked that. Didn't have to reconnect or anything, it all happened in the 0.8 seconds or whatever.

Antiwhippy

Ok, I seem to have mostly benefitted from it for my first few games, but the servers are fuuuuuucked.

Gonna skip comp today even though I did ok.

Twookie

yesterday when i played sombra, a mcree threw a stun just as i teleported and when i got to the the transporter thing/got teleported, i got stunned :|

Mendrox

Why in the holy hell did they unbind team chat and turn it into a Spray menu thing? Yeah, I won't chat to my team but I can spray more shit.

??? T was always spray for me since the begining (like with CS) and Enter is for chat. Tab is for changing the chat like in every other game.

Antiwhippy

Also not gonna lie skinny waist mei looks weird as fuck. It couldn't have been intentional. She looks like someone whose kidneys have been removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom