• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apathy

we got double rein, double lucio, double soldier in mystery hero. turns out on anubis that was fucking stupid OP and we rolled over the other team, chaining speed boost and heal boost was nuts

Sifl

I don't know what this "nerf" was supposed to do to roadhog, but I'm getting even more bullshit hooks with him. So thanks I guess.

I've opened 10 boxes and gotten no skins.

giphy.gif

Why did I start playing this again? I haven't played since late August. So I do some training and a match of CTF to get the feel again then I just say fuck it and do some comp. I'm assuming season three ends at the end of this month? So I just wanted to make sure I get the rewards. Anyways I go a whopping 2-1-7 and the game places me at 2560. I mean I enjoy the game, but seven losses are just disheartening. I'm not that bad.

Satch

Banned
Can someone explain to me why i get told i have an aimbot when im playing projectile characters

Hanzo pharah and now.......... genji........

You know i remember specifically this one match of Dva continuously coming into our backline and harassing me as a roadhog winning 1v1 duels and getting away scot free, it was a match i felt really helpless in so honestly get fucked Dva.

Im fine Dva with taking a back seat if we can see more genji,tracer, mccree and onwards.

Veelk

Banned
Has anyone calculated exactly how much damage Roadhog does to Dva with a Hook + shot combo?

He feels like he takes 85% of her life out with just that. That's....wow.

He also seems to just instantly kill everyone now. Before, there was a chance that you might escape, now it just seems impossible unless your a tank, and even then you'll probably still die.

Roadhog's hook feels so good now. Had my best match ever with him earlier tonight and it felt really nice not having people land in random ass spots around me.

Hook 2.1 is pretty much less BS hooks for more reliability on the hook.

Basically less getting hooked around corners and other weird scenarios but if you are hooked you're toast.

I mean did they ever actually say it was a nerf?
It was construed that way because the thought of fixing his hook meant changing getting tagged in ways people thought were wonky, so being able to disconnect a hook if LOS gets broken during sounded like an overall nerf. What those people didn't realize was how his hook was inconsistent for Hog players as well, heh.

AbaFadi

Banned
Has anyone calculated exactly how much damage Roadhog does to Dva with a Hook + shot combo?

He feels like he takes 85% of her life out with just that. That's....wow.

He also seems to just instantly kill everyone now. Before, there was a chance that you might escape, now it just seems impossible unless your a tank, and even then you'll probably still die.

He takes her down to around 170 I think

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It was basically just a bug fix. Not really a nerf or buff.

I suppose you could call it a burf if you're into that sort of thing.

It's kind of a nuff.

I don't really mind hog being able to reliably kill hooked targets though. That's what should happen.

Apathy

It was construed that way because the thought of fixing his hook meant changing getting tagged in ways people thought were wonky, so being able to disconnect a hook if LOS gets broken during sounded like an overall nerf. What those people didn't realize was how his hook was inconsistent for Hog players as well, heh.

The general pop also failed to realize "bullshit hooks" made up a small small small percent of the hooks hog players made, and what they usually construed as a "BS hook" was legit hooks that by virtue of momentum and lag on their end looked like bs. The fact that mei and reaper and ana were usually not one hit kills before was because they were pulled in less than all the other characters. Everyone getting pulled in the same amount makes it so that a hog has to compensate less (usually was by walking forward and aiming at a different spot).

But hey, why should people know even a little bit about a character they call for nerfs, easier to just chalk up being bad to a character and "broken hooks".

hypernima

Banned
So so so close to beating season high. Then get placed with team who don't use comms and chose bad picks.

And just got an attack mei who wouldn't Wall when my shield broke and just kept Ice Spiking.

How the fuck do these people get to play. I was 15 points away from breaking Season high.

The general pop also failed to realize "bullshit hooks" made up a small small small percent of the hooks hog players made, and what they usually construed as a "BS hook" was legit hooks that by virtue of momentum and lag on their end looked like bs. The fact that mei and reaper and ana were usually not one hit kills before was because they were pulled in less than all the other characters. Everyone getting pulled in the same amount makes it so that a hog has to compensate less (usually was by walking forward and aiming at a different spot).

But hey, why should people know even a little bit about a character they call for nerfs, easier to just chalk up being bad to a character and "broken hooks".

Either way, the hook works in a way that makes sense now. That seems more important than anything else. They can always nerf him in other ways later on if need be.

What's difficult about it? <.<
I've actually given up on the arcade bonus boxes outside of events because I just really don't like those modes, and having the incentive of wanting those wins so I can get those boxes so I can stop playing arcade modes just made me realize it wasn't worth it and to stick to comp. I'll stomach it for events, but I'm done with doing it on the regular.

The general pop also failed to realize "bullshit hooks" made up a small small small percent of the hooks hog players made, and what they usually construed as a "BS hook" was legit hooks that by virtue of momentum and lag on their end looked like bs.
Yeah I've had to point that out to a lot of people posting "bs hook" clips. There are some that were just genuinely messed up, but by and large it was just a complete misunderstanding of how the hook worked. Mostly that it did not pull instantaneously nor freeze you in place the moment you got hooked.

Honestly, I would take Reaper and Tracer coming back into the meta over D.Va.

At the very least Reaper and Tracer are fun to play in contrast to D.Va who is just the most boring tank in the game.

Anne

Something about hit reg or client side detection feels diff. Iunno if I'm crazy but hitscan seems a bit diff for sure. I've also had a number of client side detection bugs too.

Something about hit reg or client side detection feels diff. Iunno if I'm crazy but hitscan seems a bit diff for sure. I've also had a number of client side detection bugs too.

I believe someone mentioned a few pages back that a few others had noticed that as well, so it's probably not just you.

Has D.va always been able to ult while her mech is undergoing its dying animation? I've never seen it before, but it's happening everywhere tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom