• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday A reaper ulted in front of me after i missed the hook on him and i still won the fight lol.
As a reaper, you really shouldn't be Ulting in FRONT of anyone who can kill/disable you/your Ult easily anyway. That includes Roadhog, Zenyatta, Ana, Reinhardt and quite a few other heroes.

New patch new bug: Mercy will sometimes have her options for Guardian Angel flipped between rounds (never the first round) despite appearing the same in the menu. This can be... pretty bad as instead of flying to a teammate you'll just dive directly into the ground.

If this happens, you have to go into the character-specific controls and change the option from what it's supposed to be and then back to what it's supposed to be. To anyone playing as Mercy, I would recommend testing that Guardian Angel is working like you expect it to in the warmup.
From looking briefly at the Battle.net forums it seems this can also affect other options, like Ana/Widow scope toggle, but that seems less serious.
This also affects beam settings as well, had this happen to me in a match.

ME TOO!

it was arctic zarya

At least I got the new Bastion skin in the same box.

But also means my chances of getting Mei, Zen, or D.va's skins are almost non-existent since I only play enough for one box a day at the most.

Outside of the Summer Games skins, that's easily the best Zarya one. She needs more love.

So far the CTF experience has been frustrating. I captured the flag once as Winston and have just been getting shredded every game. Bastion, Torb, Sym, Rein, Tracer + a random just park on defense whenever they get a single point.

Edit: Also, sprays now suck on the PS4. Placing them is too difficult.

If Reaper dodges the hook, then he wins the 1v1 with ease.
there is no dodging the hook from the range you fight roadhog at to do damage. up close and personal roadhog wont miss
Yes every hook is a hit right, no matter what. Not like math or reality prove you wrong. God damn the hyperbole from some if you. Living in a world of alternative facts for sure
against reaper its 100% accuracy. if you miss an up close and personal hook you are a shit roadhog

Jellie

The problem with Dva is that she has to be balanced with Reaper in mind but they aren't really analysing what Reaper can do to her that other DPS can't in order to make all interactions fair. It's not a simple case of reducing armor because obviously a lot of DPS characters hugely benefit from it. I don't even know if 300/300 is fair for Dva or Reaper.

And to be honest, I'd rather Dva be trash than Reaper be trash because Reaper being trash is one of the reasons that really allowed the tank meta to get so out of hand even at lower levels. At least now the game "should" have some more variety to it whilst they try to fix Dva.

Yeah before tank meta, Reaper was probably the most balanced Hero. Should probably see his usage increase now since less Dva plus he can deal with roadhog decently.

Skii

reaper will remain trash as long as roadhog is top tier. When what should be his juiciest target can hook him with 100% accuracy easily and then 1 shot him, he will remain irrelevant

I wouldn't say trash tier but anyone who plays Reaper or Roadhog knows that Reaper isn't a true counter to Roadhog. It's a very soft counter at best and highly dependent on the skill of each player to decide that fight.

Yes every hook is a hit right, no matter what. Not like math or reality prove you wrong. God damn the hyperbole from some if you. Living in a world of alternative facts for sure

Good Roadhogs can easily land hooks on Reaper lmao. It's the biggest hit box of all DPS, he has no mobility and your hook CD is shorter than wraith form so you can easily manipulate CD in order to get a free hook on Reaper.

I played 15 matches with Roadhog last night, and I never 1-shot a Reaper in a neutral state.

Well you definitely can. You can one shot close up or from a distance. Reaper's best advantage is in that space inbetween those two ranges. Otherwise Roadhog can kill you before you kill him.

I'm never playing on the first night of an event again, that was terrible.

In comp? Yeah, don't ever do that. It's a recipe for a SR freefall. If not in comp, the trick is to give over to the fuckery and let it be what it is.

If I had the PC version, I'd be down to group.

Just to reiterate my highest wishlist item: let there be crossover for your account between console and PC. Not necessarily skill rating, because that could get dicey since a grandmaster on PC is not the same as GM on console. I just want my skins and portrait stars.

I'd double dip in a fucking hearbeat. I've considered it multiple times and this is literally the thing stopping me.

there is no dodging the hook from the range you fight roadhog at to do damage. up close and personal roadhog wont miss

against reaper its 100% accuracy. if you miss an up close and personal hook you are a shit roadhog
I mean...you play fighting games. Do we have to talk about the concepts of footsies and baiting? That's what the matchup is.

I wouldn't say trash tier but anyone who plays Reaper or Roadhog knows that Reaper isn't a true counter to Roadhog. It's a very soft counter at best and highly dependent on the skill of each player to decide that fight.

Good Roadhogs can easily land hooks on Reaper lmao. It's the biggest hit box of all DPS, he has no mobility and your hook CD is shorter than wraith form so you can easily manipulate CD in order to get a free hook on Reaper.

Well you definitely can. You can one shot close up or from a distance. Reaper's best advantage is in that space inbetween those two ranges. Otherwise Roadhog can kill you before you kill him.
I've never seen it happen without the hook combo. At the very least, it seems to be an exceedingly light factor in the matchup. Yeah, it's best for Reaper to maintain a particular kind of spacing, but I think that goes with most matchups.

AbaFadi

Banned
but what I dont understand is why have her for weeks on the PTR, not change anything even though there were plenty of complaints already?

I feel that if they were going to change anything with her, theyd have done it by now.

Oh, and I dont think DVA is that terrible anyway. I think people are still trying to play her like they did pre-nerf and its just not realistic.I think shes still viable, but she just cant dominate certain situations anymore which Im perfectly fine with because we should have any hero capable of doing that anyway.

The problem with her is that she just doesn't really work in any situation now. If the other team has a half decent Roadhog you're gonna be out of mech a lot of the times. Zarya is back to being a huge counter as well since she's mostly health and not armor. Most of the cast I'm sure can kill her quite easily. Try running her against a Soldier that is dominating your team and you'll die before you can even kill him.

Pre-buff D.Va at least had 400 armor so she wouldn't die all the time. As someone who liked D.Va before her initial buff (back when DM was a toggle), I really just don't see the point in investing time in her. The devs just don't really seem to know what to do with her. All they had to do was add the speed buff while shooting and that was it. Instead they decided to make her op by giving her 100 extra health. Now she has reduced damage (only noticeable on big targets like Roadhog) and no ability to survive to even be a dive tank.

I used to love playing D.Va back in season 2 as you can see, so I feel like I'm somewhat credible when I say she's worse than she was pre-buff.

yGtOxv9.jpg

LiK

The problem with her is that she just doesn't really work in any situation now. If the other team has a half decent Roadhog you're gonna be out of mech a lot of the times. Zarya is back to being a huge counter as well since she's mostly health and not armor. Most of the cast I'm sure can kill her quite easily. Try running her against a Soldier that is dominating your team and you'll die before you can even kill him.

Pre-buff D.Va at least had 400 armor so she wouldn't die all the time. As someone who liked D.Va before her initial buff (back when DM was a toggle), I really just don't see the point in investing time in her. The devs just don't really seem to know what to do with her. All they had to do was add the speed buff while shooting and that was it. Instead they decided to make her op by giving her 100 extra health. Now she has reduced damage (only noticeable on big targets like Roadhog) and no ability to survive to even be a dive tank.

I used to love playing D.Va back in season 2 as you can see, so I feel like I'm somewhat credible when I say she's worse than she was pre-buff.

I got to Diamond with D.va alone in Season 2 as well. She was perfect for me before Blizz started fucking around with her. Now she seems worse.

ElyrionX

Needed one more CTF win to get a box. Was camping the flag as Bastion. My team was winning 1-0. Game warns me I will be kicked due to inactivity. I get up move around and shoot a little and go back to my spot. Game kicks me for inactivity at 15 secs remaining. Fuck this game.

ISOM

Needed one more CTF win to get a box. Was camping the flag as Bastion. My team was winning 1-0. Game warns me I will be kicked due to inactivity. I get up move around and shoot a little and go back to my spot. Game kicks me for inactivity at 15 secs remaining. Fuck this game.

Do you not move your mouse when you're in turret mode? I think that is enough not to get kicked.

LiK

Do you not move your mouse when you're in turret mode? I think that is enough not to get kicked.

did they fix that? even when you're in turret mode and spinning the gun, it still counts as inactivity when i played before. fucking stupid, tbh.

Cappa

Banned

I played DVA more in Season 2 than in Season 3 too lol. I havent used her enough yet to know if shes viable or not. I tinkered around with her a bit on the PTR, but I generally only play on PS4.

This wouldnt be the first time people rushed to judgement on a hero post nerf/buff so maybe we need to give it some time.

Mendrox

I got to Diamond with D.va alone in Season 2 as well. She was perfect for me before Blizz started fucking around with her. Now she seems worse.

I still don't know why they even buffed her HP at all back then. Give her back her old hp and armor and she is fine as she is.

LiK

that was the biggest complaint I saw on the Overwatch forums, that she was fine before and didnt understand why she was buffed.

whiny bitches in Reddit and Blizz forums constantly telling them she's not good. she was fine.

Sullichin

New patch is buggy for me. Getting random drops that tank the FPS for a couple seconds at a time. I've also had this bug mentioned on reddit where it shows a time instead of HP. I think it happened after I picked up a health pack
https://gfycat.com/ClearValidHare

CTF is cool but not good enough in its current state that I want it as a full fledged game mode. But it's definitely my favorite holiday mode at least.

Rizzi

Sombra is still awful. No surprises there. Her gun does fuck all for damage and she's still vulnerable as hell when hacking.

Cappa

Banned
whiny bitches in Reddit and Blizz forums constantly telling them she's not good. she was fine.
I dont get it really, there are probably other heroes they should have looked at besides DVA, meh and of course if they do change her it probably wont be until another patch in 3 weeks minimum.

. I've also had this bug mentioned on reddit where it shows a time instead of HP. I think it happened after I picked up a health pack

ya a bunch of us here also had that glitch... seems to be alot of bugs still.

Jellie

New patch is buggy for me. Getting random drops that tank the FPS for a couple seconds at a time. I've also had this bug mentioned on reddit where it shows a time instead of HP. I think it happened after I picked up a health pack

CTF is cool but not good enough in its current state that I want it as a full fledged game mode. But it's definitely my favorite holiday mode at least.
Yeah I had 6:32 for health before. As soon as I took damage it went back to normal.

lol the hook salt. I didn't have much time to play last night but what little time I played on Roadhog... you know what felt good? Hooking a Genji jumping around in plainsight and watching him drop right into my waiting arms. TBH it actually felt almost too easy since I'm attuned to guessing where he'll show up based off his position and firing off that. I need to play more games and adjust before I can give an honest evaluation. My kneejerk reaction to some of the posts though is that some people are just upset that they were hooked.

I feel no shame in this. The game allows me to commit suicide and respawn with a different hero, at the expense of time, which it also grants me. Given I'm playing to win (for lootboxes) and this isn't a gamebreaking exploit, why should I feel bad about it?

There are plenty of game modes in Arcade. Why choose the only mode where you have no say in who you'll be if you want to choose who you'll be?

Fugu

After a long period of time playing mostly Ana to middling success, I've switched back to Mercy on most maps and my SR has skyrocketed to the degree that I may finally make it out of Diamond.

If Mercy ever becomes meta I'm gonna have a real good time.

Paltheos

There are plenty of game modes in Arcade. Why choose the only mode where you have no say in who you'll be if you want to choose who you'll be?

I don't want to choose who I'll be, just choose to *not* be something bad. For example, last night I spawned as Zen and my team also had a Lucio and Mercy (and a Sym). Despite being a Zen player, I believed so many supports are dubious in a team composition, so I suicided. I came back as Pharah, which we already had one of but since we were lacking in firepower and we had at least a tank (and I didn't want to risk a worse roll by suiciding again when I wouldn't have time for a 3rd respawn before the match started), I kept on it. Incidentally, it turned out to be a good choice as I stayed alive the whole round and we full held the point.

As for why I play this game mode: It's the most consistent. I'm awful at 1v1, the long waits of 'nothing' in 3v3 when you're dead annoy me, and the brawl playlist has allot of very unfun brawls. That leaves just Mystery Heroes, which, by the way, I do have fun with. The 5th mode, whatever that may be, I sometimes make my primary mode of play. I played Oasis almost exclusively when it was in the Arcade, but I don't plan on playing CTR again, so that leaves me with just Mystery Heroes for now to farm my weekly boxes.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit

I had the same time bug after picking up a health pack. I think it showed 5:03.

darklin0

Banned
WHAT'S THE FUCKING POINT OF PLAYING MYSTERY HEROES IF YOU'RE JUST GOING TO THROW YOURSELF OFF A CLIFF WHENEVER YOU GET SOMEONE YOU DON'T LIKE?!?!

Fucking game. People who commit suicide more than twice should be kicked from the match.

If our team has no healers, I am throwing myself off a cliff until I get one. Sorry bud, I wanna win.

rulerk1

Our soldier stood on point in his biotic field for a good 5 seconds before he turned to his right to see the pharah that was also on point standing in one place. Its always the attack hero and the tank players with horrible awareness and reaction times.

LiK

Our soldier stood on point in his biotic field for a good 5 seconds before he turned to his right to see the pharah that was also on point standing in one place. Its always the attack hero and the tank players with horrible awareness and reaction times.

I found playing as Zen really made me better at map and team awareness because of how he plays. I think everyone should practice with him.

antitrop

Got another non-environmental kill Lucio POTG last night.

I need to get a Mercy POTG today so I can show off that 10/10 highlight intro. Looks so good with Witch Mercy and a golden Broom.

darklin0

Banned
Feels like Hook 2.0 was a buff. Both games I played in comp was determined by who had a better hog.

Before I needed to aim to get kills, now I just hold down left mouse button and win.
Can't wait for all the salty people, who hate hog, to come out of the woodwork again.

darklin0

Banned
Remember once when I had 6 healers. I threw myself off cos we don't need 6. The rest of them followed. We had no healers afterwards.

Those are my favorite.

"Guys, we got 4 healers. Don't die all at once."
Our team proceeds to be stomped and we respawn with nothing.

rulerk1

I found playing as Zen really made me better at map and team awareness because of how he plays. I think everyone should practice with him.
Zen/Ana is who I main and I just shut so many flankers down. It's funny seeing Reapers seem helpless when they've been spotted/ discorded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom