• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramirez

When someone picks Sombra it feels like you're 6v5 the whole match, just had a dude go Bastion then Sombra, we couldn't do shit with him pulling that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
In Titanfall 2 the minigun Titan has an ability where they can shoot further with less spread on their bullets but you have to switch to it which takes a second and switch back and it consumes double your ammo

I don't know how useful that would be for Bastion but it could be something.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
When someone picks Sombra it feels like you're 6v5 the whole match, just had a dude go Bastion then Sombra, we couldn't do shit with him pulling that.
That's how I feel whenever I see someone picking Hanzo, Widow, or McRee when they can't aim.

Oxn

"Guys can I go DPS this isn't working!"

*Can't hit a tin can as McCree*

"Guys we just have to group up and play as a team!"

:\

Just last night we lost our first round on KOTH and the attack sym said "guys we need a better comp" and every was like, Youre the problem, switch out.

He did, and we went on to win all the matches.

Braag

Was in a game where the enemy bastion kept calling our Sombra a "fucking arab" cause she kept hacking and harassing him the entire match.
I guess to some people anyone who's brown is a "fucking arab".

So after the D.Va nerf, every QP game is just Roadhog solo tanking now, lmao. MAYBE a Zarya.

Yeah I see a lot of roadhogs now.

LiK

Was in a game where the enemy bastion kept calling our Sombra a "fucking arab" cause she kept hacking and harassing him the entire match.

Damn, is this text chat? Please report that idiot

So just to clarify for my uninformed self, has anything else but the hook changed for Roadhog? or is his improvement based on others falling while he still stands?

I've actually completely lost track of whose supposed to be good and whose bad at this point, the various balances in past months just seemed to be a clusterfuck.

Jito

Banned
So I've not really played properly in months and I'm only rank 74, yet every match I'm matched with people with multiple stars who have clearly played the game so much more than me. This is resulting in loses like every single match as I feel I can't keep up their skill level all that well. Does no one play the game anymore and the only people left are the hardcore? I want to play some fun matches again.

Kremzeek

So just to clarify for my uninformed self, has anything else but the hook changed for Roadhog? or is his improvement based on others falling while he still stands?

I've actually completely lost track of whose supposed to be good and whose bad at this point, the various balances in past months just seemed to be a clusterfuck.

i dont see why Hog is such an issue now.

he doesn't have more HP, and he can still only shoot 4 times before needing to do a slow ass reload....

Apathy

It's overall a nerf. Roadhog could already one shot whoever he hooked sans Zarya almost 100% of the time, you just had to know what you're doing. The safe and LoS breaking guess hooks being removed is a nerf. Not enough of one IMO, but it is def a noticeable loss in power.

The real change is hook 2.0 just gives the lower level Roadhogs that people see more often the ability to one shot like the ones who knew what they were doing before. Welcome to the world we lived in going against higher elo Roadhog players :p Imagine the shot consistency you see now with the old BS hook people knew how to manipulate. That's what we've been dealing with this entire time.

This is what people fail to grasp. Every character Hog can one shot right now, are the exact same characters he could one shot before. The difference being that the 3 that people didn't realize you could, reaper, ana and mei, you had to take 1 step forward and in the case of ana point slightly down, to get the kill, thats it. If low level hogs didn't do that, ok, but hes literally been able to do this from the start. The fact that blizzard decided that everyone should be pulled in the same distance in, makes it so low level hogs don't have to take that one step before shooting they never took before. Any good hog has been pressing W on those 3 characters a long time ago and then firing.

I've seen quite a bit more liberal use of the N word recently from people. it's sickening

This is what people fail to grasp. Every character Hog can one shot right now, are the exact same characters he could one shot before. The difference being that the 3 that people didn't realize you could, reaper, ana and mei, you had to take 1 step forward and in the case of ana point slightly down, to get the kill, thats it. If low level hogs didn't do that, ok, but hes literally been able to do this from the start. The fact that blizzard decided that everyone should be pulled in the same distance in, makes it so low level hogs don't have to take that one step before shooting they never took before. Any good hog has been pressing W on those 3 characters a long time ago and then firing.

Yep, bad hogs will miss more hooks due to the mechanics of LoS and all changing, but the hooks they do land will more reliably lead to kills.

Good hogs shouldn't see many changes, apart from those hooks that seemed more BS than not due to LoS shenanigans.

However Ana's biotic grenade won't be able to keep Hog alive for super long times due to her getting nerfed, so Hog overall seems like he's still in a good spot.

Time will tell if he ends up being OP in the meta without D.Va and with easier times killing of the Heroes that would sometimes get away after hooks.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Heroes like Lucio or Genji no longer have a random chance to bounce to the side or luck out with an escape. Lucio is thrown directly in front of for a meat shot every single time, moving forward or not.

It's a buff

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It hit me a lot watching that IDDQD stream when he was doing the climb from Bronze, I don't think I saw any of those Roadhog's actually get a kill off post-hook. People always survived with a chunk of health, so the bigger impact will likely be around that.

Though lower level/newer hog players still need to realize holding down shoot as someone is being hooked makes you fire on the first frame possible, doesn't matter how close you pull people if the shot is delayed and people use their escape.

hypernima

Banned
Her gun isn't supposed to be super powerful

Go to training and just unload a clip on a bottle and see how much ult charge you get from one clip. Think of all yhe other ways she can get charge

She gets Ults fast.

Most of the games I've had with her, if we were to lose a team fight, the second one would be a guarenteed win because her ult was up

I want to lrn her bad

You want to learn Sombra...how come you never asked me :\

Apathy

It hit me a lot watching that IDDQD stream when he was doing the climb from Bronze, I don't think I saw any of those Roadhog's actually get a kill off post-hook. People always survived with a chunk of health, so the bigger impact will likely be around that.

Though lower level/newer hog players still need to realize holding down shoot as someone is being hooked makes you fire on the first frame possible, doesn't matter how close you pull people if the shot is delayed and people use their escape.

Well that and I bet most don't do the full shoot+melee combo either. I know when I first started I knew I had to do it but often forgot, but now it's second nature

Veelk

Banned
Okay, I can't find the clip for some reason. For whatever reason, my PS4 didn't record it, or else I fucked up or something.

Here's how ridiculous Roadhog is against D.Va. I found him as he was ulting in the opposite direction. I was maybe 10 meters away from him. I start firing on him, landing most of my shots. 2-3 seconds later, he turns around and he fires 2 into me. I lose my mech. He wasn't being healed at all, I killed his Mercy.

Maybe you could argue I should have closed the distance more, but come the fuck on, I had atleast a 2 second lead in on pummeling him in, how the ever loving fuck does he outshoot me in that situation? At this point, he's as bad to D.Va as Zarya used to be before her buff.

And I still think Soldier should be nerfed. The argument that "oh, just git gud he's just like a McCree" doesn't hold up to me. It's might be partially because of console controls, but really, tracking with Soldier is way easier than shooting accurately with McCree. For that reason, he SHOULD be doing less damage than him. The only thing keeping him in check was D.Va and now he's just blasting everyone away. He was perfectly fine before, he's stupid now.

shoelacer

Banned
CTF is terrible. Just incredibly boring. A neutral flag might not be as awful, but as it is now it's just obnoxious that you can't just grab the flag.

So I've not really played properly in months and I'm only rank 74, yet every match I'm matched with people with multiple stars who have clearly played the game so much more than me. This is resulting in loses like every single match as I feel I can't keep up their skill level all that well. Does no one play the game anymore and the only people left are the hardcore? I want to play some fun matches again.

Quickplay's matchmaking is loosey goosey as hell these days. I got saddled with three gold players the other day versus high diamonds and a 4.2k 700 hour genji main that shat all over everybody.

Anecdotally, I've had more balanced games in the ctf brawl. I'm really enjoying it since it reminds me of the old days in TF2 where there were a lot of weird 1 v 1's across the map and it's very dm focused. Having a lot of fun playing Hanzo here since I can either hold an area and defend spots with sonic arrow or slow push to cap the flag and use the dragon to zone.

NeoRaider

So we all agree that Halloween brawl is still the king?

It was something new and different and i actually enjoyed playing it. I don't hate CTF, i think that it can be ok but overall it's a huge mess. And i don't even want to mention Lucio ball, and that Mei crap... oops i just did, sorry.

Apathy

roadhog is literally the easiest hero in the game lol. wtf i oneshot everything. even other roadhogs.

Literally impossible to one shot another hog alone. Theoretical max of his weapon is 450 (that if all 25 shots hitting his head). You add 30 for the hook and 30 for a followup melee, the most a roadhog could possibly do is a theoretical 510 under perfect conditions.

antitrop

Literally impossible to one shot another hog alone. Theoretical max of his weapon is 450 (that if all 25 shots hitting his head). You add 30 for the hook and 30 for a followup melee, the most a roadhog could possibly do is a theoretical 510 under perfect conditions.

That's why you throw out a right-click before the hook. It doesn't even have to be a good right-click anymore, it just has to graze him now and then you can hook -> 1-shot.

That's why you throw out a right-click before the hook. It doesn't even have to be a good right-click anymore, it just has to graze him now and then you can hook -> 1-shot.

So math wise, is there anything Hog can't kill with a half decent Right click -> Hook -> Left Click -> Melee?

Considering just base Hero armor and such, not counting Torb armor and/or Symm armor.

Apathy

then it's not a one shot. like i know a bunch of you don't like the hook and can't play around it, but how about stop throwing out words like you know what they mean

Jellie

So before torb + sym were able to prevent one shotting 200hp heroes. Is that still the case? They have smaller hit box especially their head shot hit box so wouldn't take as much damage as say Dva?

Anne

So before torb + sym were able to prevent one shotting 200hp heroes. Is that still the case? They have smaller hit box especially their head shot hit box so wouldn't take as much damage as say Dva?

Depends. a 200 HP with 75 shields should still get one shot. Pre-patch RH was still one shotting 200 HP nanoboosted heroes, which effectively had 300 health. I'm too lazy to do the math on armor, but I'm p sure he could blow through that before too. Mei/Reaper might survive? Idk. With both shields + armor I think people can survive a shot, but it's not lik eit matters because anything hooked is getting hit by more than just RH.

The entire point about the one shot really doesn't matter to me because anything that gets hooked is still CCed the entire duration of the thing and plopped directly into the enemy team. The only time it does matter is if Roadhog is alone for some reason, and even then it's not that diff from before unless your name is Zarya.

Jellie

Depends. a 200 HP with 75 shields should still get one shot. Pre-patch RH was still one shotting 200 HP nanoboosted heroes, which effectively had 300 health. I'm too lazy to do the math on armor, but I'm p sure he could blow through that before too. Mei/Reaper might survive? Idk. With both shields + armor I think people can survive a shot, but it's not lik eit matters because anything hooked is getting hit by more than just RH.

Sometimes the roadhog is flanking, at least they are in diamond. Dunno about higher levels. Eg the tunner on first point route 66. Might matter in that kind of situation. Plus some people don't bother focusing down a hooked target which is stupid anyway.

LiK

Gonna jump into some random groups who are on in a bit. Maybe I'll be maining Zen. Been having fun with him.

IbukiLordSA

Well done Blizzard you actually managed to make me hate my GoTY for 2016 fora few hours because CTF is honestly the first time I have not enjoyed playing overwatch. I played about 20 games and every damn game is a draw because everyone is running a Torb, Symmetra and Bastion. I mean wtf some teams don't even try to get the flag and just camp with full on defense. Why?

Why did Blizzard think this was a good idea? Surely putting 1 flag in the center of the map would have been a far better decision as it would most likely never result in spawn camps and draws.

This mode is terrible.

Grief.exe

Well done Blizzard you actually managed to make me hate my GoTY for 2016 fora few hours because CTF is honestly the first time I have not enjoyed playing overwatch. I played about 20 games

a6fgYPT.gif

Well done Blizzard you actually managed to make me hate my GoTY for 2016 fora few hours because CTF is honestly the first time I have not enjoyed playing overwatch. I played about 20 games and every damn game is a draw because everyone is running a Torb, Symmetra and Bastion. I mean wtf some teams don't even try to get the flag and just camp with full on defense. Why?

Why did Blizzard think this was a good idea? Surely putting 1 flag in the center of the map would have been a far better decision as it would most likely never result in spawn camps and draws.

This mode is terrible.

20 games wtf

1 and done.

NeoRaider

This mode is terrible.

Just give up. Stop playing if you are not enjoying it. It will only frustrate you.

They say it's just for "fun" and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom