• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Not only DVAs mech gets melted almost instantly, everytime she gets ejected out of the mech/uses her ultimate the game stutters for a bit. It's kind of annoying. (Base PS4 user)

Despite that the whole event is still awesome, great new content all around and CTF is actually fun (when the other team doesn't have a Symmetra that is), and it definitely has a lot of potential, maybe some maps dedicated especially for it could really help.

13randO

The tunnel vision is real. Can't believe I've never noticed it.

Apparently there's a left exit on the second Attack point on Volskaya too. I'll believe it when I see it.

Yeah, didnt know that either. I think it's mainly because the payload flies through that area 90% of the time because the choke is at the bend at the bottom of the slope. It's always good to know though, lol.

Royce McCutcheon

Finally after 67 hours of Dva, I've reached Master solo que, the nerf made the last 100 tough, but very patient pay still gives her some juice.

JNenmaq.jpg

Monkey off my back for real, jesus.

Jellie

meh.

I am, but the meta dictates when he is viable to use.

Reaper making a comeback means I have to shelve Winston. ]:

I want Winston Meta. He's one of the most fun to use plus "hi there". If tank Meta, Winston useless. If Reaper is in the Meta he's useless again. Gotta be patient.

caesar

Banned
They need to give D.va a slight buff and also fix her stupid glitch.
Hahaahahheeehe

Got the 3 cap spray with genji. Comp is so much better now, been running rampant with tracer.

So many players who relied on dva all of a sudden dropped :thinking:

darklin0

Banned
I want Winston Meta. He's one of the most fun to use plus "hi there". If tank Meta, Winston useless. If Reaper is in the Meta he's useless again. Gotta be patient.

I would love a Winston meta. Sadly, the only way viable for that is if time to kill got increased for a lot of other characters or Reaper and Hog become F tier.

Winston could get an Armor/Health ratio change OR a slight damage buff. That could help.
But knowing Blizz, if they would buff him it would be way too much. >_>

CTF has a bit of potential. It's different which is nice. I think it could be really good with a few tweaks, I just don't know what those tweaks are. Assuming that they want to keep all heroes and abilities in it (and I understand why they do). But bigger maps sound like a good start. Even in its current state it's not awful. If they put it in the arcade, and added some new maps, I think it would get pretty decent play time.

As far as the heavily prophesied (by me) return of Tracer. I've really only played her in CTF, and I've got rust to shake of anyway. But man it seems like people got better at hitting her or something. And Soldier really limits her upside. Even if you're not directly fighting him he can hurt you enough that you can't finish focusing down your target. And if he gets you with a rocket your done.

She's definitely better now, and at some point I just have to stop complaining about the game around her and learn how to play in it. Which I will do. But I don't think it will as simple as I thought.

CTF has a bit of potential. It's different which is nice. I think it could be really good with a few tweaks, I just don't know what those tweaks are. Assuming that they want to keep all heroes and abilities in it (and I understand why they do). But bigger maps sound like a good start. Even in its current state it's not awful. If they put it in the arcade, and added some new maps, I think it would get pretty decent play time.

I think CTF as a main game mode has potential, but Blizzard definitely needs to tweak it and make maps designed with CTF in mind. Repurposing a KOTH map for a brawl was a good start and way to test the mode, but I think with how Overwatch plays there are issues that need tweaking.

For example - if flags are too far apart, when you defend and kill an attacking team you put yourself at a disadvantage because by the time your team makes it to the enemy flag, they've respawned and can defend your attack. What may have to happen is they design maps with two neutral spawn points - then you're equidistant from attacking and defending so it creates more options and also makes it harder for teams to spawn camp and snowball after a successful attack.

NeoRaider

Symmetra can melt D.Va in 2 seconds just like that. It's not even funny.
Disgusting how some heroes are getting huge buffs and others are getting nerfs for no reason.

Boths Symmetra and Soldier are too strong for weeks now and Blizzard just doesn't care. Also i don't know how they nerfed Hog, he feels better than ever.

Ramirez

I think just allowing people to pick the flag up immediately would go a long way against the turtle stalemates you get right now. It's impossible to get the bar filled up with Sym & Torb turrets 99% of the time. I realize this would allow certain characters to just zip in and out possibly, but it may also push more people out into the actual map cutting off escape routes instead of 2-3 people sitting in the base at all times. Maybe increase ability cooldowns for the person carrying the flag.

Trey

I think just allowing people to pick the flag up immediately would go a long way against the turtle stalemates you get right now. It's impossible to get the bar filled up with Sym & Torb turrets 99% of the time. I realize this would allow certain characters to just zip in and out possibly, but it may also push more people out into the actual map cutting off escape routes instead of 2-3 people sitting in the base at all times. Maybe increase ability cooldowns for the person carrying the flag.

all of these things were addressed in the developer update. Their reasoning was that limiting or removing abilities wasn't their vision of overwatch.

Oh and I don't know if it's a bug or intentional, but it sucks. Now when you choose 'random' highlight intro the default gets mixed in with it. I have some great Symmetra highlight intros and my whole squad had to see her just standing there like an idiot. The shame was unbearable.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
My soul hurts. The D.Va nerfs sent me into an identity crisis yesterday. The armour change introduced far more weaknesses than I thought would happen. Roadhog two shots her, Reaper three shots, Tracer is actually a direct counter now, Torb (and turret) melts her, God help her if she sees a solider.

At some point I played all those characters to confirm my suspicions myself. Tracer was easily the most obvious. She can kill her maybe two clips faster now. Solider doesn't need to be explained I don't think. The most hurtful part though. Is that she can't spearhead a charge now. Her 200 armor is so valuable that she has to heal after even poke battles. Armor is so much better than health than I think anyone realized.

There's a few things that the nerf did that were necessary. D.Va shouldn't be able to call down her mech in the middle of a firefight without retribution. She shouldn't be able to be made invincible by a single Ana. But it's too much. She definitely feels worse than launch. Just 100 armour would do. It hasn't removed her ability to make mistakes it's introduced too many counters.

Her damage did what it did. Feels more consistent but ttk is up. The skin is awesome though. So that's cool. I'm gonna be a Torb and Widow main now. Zarya and Tracer can come too.

Anne

Feels like Hook 2.0 was a buff. Both games I played in comp was determined by who had a better hog.

It's overall a nerf. Roadhog could already one shot whoever he hooked sans Zarya almost 100% of the time, you just had to know what you're doing. The safe and LoS breaking guess hooks being removed is a nerf. Not enough of one IMO, but it is def a noticeable loss in power.

The real change is hook 2.0 just gives the lower level Roadhogs that people see more often the ability to one shot like the ones who knew what they were doing before. Welcome to the world we lived in going against higher elo Roadhog players :p Imagine the shot consistency you see now with the old BS hook people knew how to manipulate. That's what we've been dealing with this entire time.

pizzacat

Banned
Sombra is still awful. No surprises there. Her gun does fuck all for damage and she's still vulnerable as hell when hacking.
Her gun isn't supposed to be super powerful

Go to training and just unload a clip on a bottle and see how much ult charge you get from one clip. Think of all yhe other ways she can get charge

She gets Ults fast.

Most of the games I've had with her, if we were to lose a team fight, the second one would be a guarenteed win because her ult was up

I want to lrn her bad

Trey

Well, their vision of current CTF is shit and underwhelming, so there's that.

I think that's a fair take, it's certainly not riveting to me either. But I see their point: either you get CTF to work under the regular parameters of OW, or not at all. Much of the fun of overwatch are the abilities.

Meccs

CTF is absolutely unplayable on those maps. What were they thinking? After one capture this turns into a camp fest.

Jellie

It's overall a nerf. Roadhog could already one shot whoever he hooked sans Zarya almost 100% of the time, you just had to know what you're doing. The safe and LoS breaking guess hooks being removed is a nerf. Not enough of one IMO, but it is def a noticeable loss in power.

The real change is hook 2.0 just gives the lower level Roadhogs that people see more often the ability to one shot like the ones who knew what they were doing before. Welcome to the world we lived in going against higher elo Roadhog players :p Imagine the shot consistency you see now with the old BS hook people knew how to manipulate. That's what we've been dealing with this entire time.

I almost got oneshot by him as Winston. Killcam showed he did 90% of the damage to me from just the hook, shot and melee. I don't think that used to happen regularly but now thats gonna be the case now? Would that happen all the time in GM then?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't know if its because the grinding is more lenient now with backwards wallriding but Lucio wallriding feels a LOT smoother now.

Anne

I almost got oneshot by him as Winston. Killcam showed he did 90% of the damage to me from just the hook, shot and melee. I don't think that used to happen regularly but now thats gonna be the case now? Would that happen all the time in GM then?

Yup, that happened a lot in GM. Basically if Winston or Zarya got hooked before, they'd be dropped down 90%~ of their healthbars, and the team would make sure they were dead before they could fight back anyways. The only real major difference now is that he can solo one shot Zarya, but again he was so close to doing it before it's not the hugest thing.

Roadhog has always been able to kill off hooks like this. The new change makes him less BS and less "random" and takes away safe LoS breaking hooks which were important. That is a nerf. What he got in exchange was a bit more consistency, but that wasn't really so much of a problem before. Still, overall it's not a huge nerf because it doesn't really affect the damage and kill potential he has that much. It more redefines how to position and play him, and in a lot of situations you can still get similar power levels to what he had before.

The silver lining is that it's harder for him to kill dive chars like Tracer/Genji, and Ana being nerfed means it's easier for people to kill him. Roadhog was always supposed to be the "anti-tank tank" and maybe that will happen now? I still think he gets too much for too little and hook CD should be hit, but he should see a slight drop in pick rate just because the team comp he belongs too isn't the only viable meta team.

Jellie

Yup, that happened a lot in GM. Basically if Winston or Zarya got hooked before, they'd be dropped down 90%~ of their healthbars, and the team would make sure they were dead before they could fight back anyways. The only real major difference now is that he can solo one shot Zarya, but again he was so close to doing it before it's not the hugest thing.

Roadhog has always been able to kill off hooks like this. The new change makes him less BS and less "random" and takes away safe LoS breaking hooks which were important. That is a nerf. What he got in exchange was a bit more consistency, but that wasn't really so much of a problem before. Still, overall it's not a huge nerf because it doesn't really affect the damage and kill potential he has that much. It more redefines how to position and play him, and in a lot of situations you can still get similar power levels to what he had before.

The silver lining is that it's harder for him to kill dive chars like Tracer/Genji, and Ana being nerfed means it's easier for people to kill him. Roadhog was always supposed to be the "anti-tank tank" and maybe that will happen now? I still think he gets too much for too little and hook CD should be hit, but he should see a slight drop in pick rate just because the team comp he belongs too isn't the only viable meta team.

I think I'm just going to hide behind everyone else now. Does he get close to one shotting Rein now since he has more armour than Winston.

xaosslug

CTF is absolutely unplayable on those maps. What were they thinking? After one capture this turns into a camp fest.

i feel like Blizz should have limited the rooster roster like w/ Junkenstein's revenge. Maybe, limit it to Roadhog, Winston, Zen, Rein, D.Va, Mei, Tracer, and Mercy? Because as it stands it's Torb vs. Symm, and draws. LOL

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I think the hook change makes him better against tanks specifically, but at high level coordination people should focus fire when a meaty target is hooking anyway. I'm pretty sure I DID get solo killed as winston on a CTF match with hook/shoot right in the face, I wish I saved the clip since I don't think I took splash damage from anything. I did die with a bit over 400 HP as Roadhog too which changes the dynamic of when you hook the other one somewhat. But the bigger impact will be that the skill floor changed a lot since there aren't little nuances to change for each character, they all plop in front of you and get set up to die.

But overall I do agree with Anne in that at peak level it's still more of a nerf, he can't do the hail mary jump high ground hooks since the LoS will snap it off alongside some peak hooks where you move into cover afterwards. But it isn't huge enough to really mess with him that much.

I will never understand why they didn't just make D.Va 300/300. Why so far in the other direction

I felt similar about her buff(s) when it hit PTR. The boost to health alongside the movement speed while shooting going up had a bunch of people by like "hey blizz dva is kinda nuts now" but they pushed it anyway. Now they overnerfed her and also had the same comments saying that already. Now they're going to have to buff her again later on, lol.

Anne

I think I'm just going to hide behind everyone else now. Does he get close to one shotting Rein now since he has more armour than Winston.

Probably? Like I said before it didn't matter anyways. If you got hooked, Roadhog solo would deal 75%+ to a tank no problem. If you got hooked, you were dead period from team fire + his burst. It was extremely rare for a Roadhog to mess this up before, now they can kinda just turn off their brain and do it. The cost was losing out on breaking LoS, which hurts but in the end doesn't lower him enough to stop him from just ending exposed team fights.

edit: His max damage is 450 after a hook btw.

edit edit: Another note of the nerf is that Hog actually has disadvantage at low ground now which does make him worse on attack on most maps. if just by a bit.

darklin0

Banned
We attack first, we cap both points and have 6 minutes left over.

One of our team mates proceeds to kill them selves over and over. just sits there and spams hello to the enemy team, mei walls out team in overtime, and just screws us over.

I don't even have the energy to be mad.

Meccs

i feel like Blizz should have limited the rooster roster like w/ Junkenstein's revenge. Maybe, limit it to Roadhog, Winston, Zen, Rein, D.Va, Mei, Tracer, and Mercy? Because as it stands it's Torb vs. Symm, and draws. LOL
One Flag in the middle would have been enough and better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom