• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
i'm really shocked at what Blizzard keeps with the nerfs & buffs, even after their "internal testing" and the PTR......

it's almost like it doesn't matter.

They did change stuff around this PTR though.

They just feel like this is how DVA should be. For now.

did you even look into the options?
giphy.gif

The problem still persists though. The emote and voice line wheels work just fine buy for some reason for sprays you have to hold the stick in a direction for a longer time. And you can't assign one button for each spray because there are just not enough buttons on a controler lol.

Xeteh

Man, as someone who already loved playing Roadhog the hook change is glorious. People got all stoked about the wonky hooks breaking but as soon as they said it should consistently drop players in front of him I was thrilled. Can't tell how many kills on heroes like Lucio and Genji were lost because they'd end up behind me or to the side.

komaruR

The problem still persists though. The emote and voice line wheels work just fine buy for some reason for sprays you have to hold the stick in a direction for a longer time. And you can't assign one button for each spray because there are just not enough buttons on a controler lol.

i would rather replace my spray for a button press voiceline than to use a spray tho :p

sadly the game dont recognize a swipe on the touchpad should = 1 command lol. that will be a few more config

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Like I said before, I kinda think you guys are just salty about being hooked. >_>
I'm salty about 90% of my deaths coming from him and seeing it take literally my entire team 5 seconds of nonstop contact to bring him down and him being one of the top players to vote for at the end every single time. It's like there are two games being played; one is Overwatch, and the other is "Fuck, Roadhog is here." I say that on the basis of only the games I have played with the teams that I get, not on the basis of every single skill tier, because I think not everyone who owns/plays the game can devote most of their life to playing so as to become good enough to reach whatever special high circles it is that balance is supposedly enjoyed.

caesar

Banned
I don't see how you can be ranked above 3k and not think hook is bullshit.

Watch Surefour play or another pro stream, pay attention to what they are actually afraid of and what kills them the most. It's always the hook. If I'm playing dps, which I do 9/10 games, the first thing I am looking for is if hook is on cd and where the roadhog is. Indisputably the most intimidating thing in the game.

Officially a diamond, finally!!!!

How does the decaying work? Can I stay a diamond if I don't play CP anymore?
Yeah, the decay only goes down to 3000. Also between ranks up to Diamond, the highest rank you've achieved is permanently visible from then on. So even if you drop back into Platinum SR, you still retain a Diamond badge.

I get placed against a team with two unplaced players (competitive) and we get crushed round one so someone on our team decided to throw by just playing Mercy and running around waving and I lose over 20 SR. Why???? Such fun.

Edit: Cool I guess this season of competitive needs to be abandoned now. I guess no one is bothering trying anymore. Love being put on a team who is just doing nothing vs. people playing like pros.

Good games tonight GAF bros. Especially when those two randoms joined us and one kept wrecking shit as Genji/Roadhog. Not especially when we got paired up with a top 500 six-stack.

Starting to get a feel for this meta, which is basically D.Va is Swiss cheese and everywhere needs a "Beware of Roadhog" sign. I think there was maybe one game tonight where the enemy team didn't have a Roadhog. He's manageable, but he's going to be the staple that all the "I'm a D.Va main now!" peeps are going to switch to once they realize they can't bum rush as well.

I think D.Va's still playable, but she can't dive anymore. When I play her as a pack hunter, she works fine but I was getting out-gunned in several 1v1 matchups that I used to be able to win (even pre-buff). Gonna take some adjusting.

I just want to have a 50/50 split between good games and games with losers who want to troll because they touched the bottom of Master and can get put in games with me.

Because tonight I had a 80% ratio of people who have nothing better to do in their life than get on the internet and try to get other people pooper peeved.

komaruR

Good games tonight GAF bros. Especially when those two randoms joined us and one kept wrecking shit as Genji/Roadhog. Not especially when we got paired up with a top 500 six-stack.

Starting to get a feel for this meta, which is basically D.Va is Swiss cheese and everywhere needs a "Beware of Roadhog" sign. I think there was maybe one game tonight where the enemy team didn't have a Roadhog. He's manageable, but he's going to be the staple that all the "I'm a D.Va main now!" peeps are going to switch to once they realize they can't bum rush as well.

I think D.Va's still playable, but she can't dive anymore. When I play her as a pack hunter, she works fine but I was getting out-gunned in several 1v1 matchups that I used to be able to win (even pre-buff). Gonna take some adjusting.

that genji/roadhog guy is probably on an alt or making a smurf for comp. since he's low lv if I remember lol

pizzacat

Banned
It sucks that my friends don't like comp

Rather be play yhere than be called a try hard for testing out a sombra seriously in qp smh

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wish Bastion was more playable without having to be babysat or do surprise Bastion that stops working after the first 2 or 3 times.

ISOM

I'm transitioning to a Roadhog main since they won't nerf him into the ground. He's been fun tbh. I've killed so many out of position, ulting people. I now understand why Hog mains fight so hard so that he stays where he's at.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Mercys have a reputation of 'halp me!' yet I feel like there's no flakier healer in the game.

like yeah heal the Mei who can cryo instead of me oh look i'm dead and i can't bubble you anymore because you were on the roadhog who's out of combat and healing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Geoff Goodman said:
I'm actually working on some changes for him right now. I'm not quite sure when these changes will hit the live game, we're still testing different things internally.

RE:Bastion

still hoping for a zoom in mode a la Legion in TF2 that uses double ammo to eliminate perma flight Pharmercys

ISOM

RE:Bastion

still hoping for a zoom in mode a la Legion in TF2 that uses double ammo to eliminate perma flight Pharmercys

Oh god. Please don't buff Bastion to where he's a little bit better so that the casuals start to try him out en mass in ranked thinking he is viable.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
My game keeps crashing without errors, and I've got no idea what's causing it. Overwatch never crashed on me before, but the two things that are different since the last time I played are:

1) This latest patch.
2) My computer finally forced the Windows 10 Anniversary update on me.

I just started up the WMI service to see if that'll help. Fingers crossed that does it.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
My game keeps crashing without errors, and I've got no idea what's causing it. Overwatch never crashed on me before, but the two things that are different since the last time I played are:

1) This latest patch.
2) My computer finally forced the Windows 10 Anniversary update on me.

I just started up the WMI service to see if that'll help. Fingers crossed that does it.
I've had the Anniversary Update for some time, I've never had issues with the game or any software they claim is incompatible and then this update hit and the game exits to desktop at random intervals without even an error report. I've already tried a slew of things Blizzard's support suggested even though I fully suspect the update is the issue and just so you know: we're not alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom