• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Was the 'Rat LiK? Otherwise I got nothing.
He was just a random dude who sat himself in a corner and spammed grenades.

I told my partners to take it slow - he can't heal, and both of them can. Just walk by, take a pot shot from far away, rinse and repeat. There was plenty of time. Then the Soldier charged in alone.

Then the Junkrat ulted, and the Mercy tried to dive him. -_-

MacAttack

feels like every time I get a game with a decent team, someone on the other team disconnects immediately. fucking sucks, man

People who quit out of competitive deserve a special place in hell.

So many L's in a row :( now I'm below 2000 again...

I know this feel. It feels bad, man.

Im on xbox solo q'ing, if anyone would like to group up (after 10p EST, when the kids are in bed) add me on xbox live: xryanmacx.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
So after giving HOTS a try thanks to Overwatch. They might as well call it Champions Arena, another old WCIII mod rather than pretending it's DOTA.

SoldnerKei

I like using Hanzo on pc, but I find him kind of wacky on console, nevertheless I try to do my best with him, 100% effort stubbornness, so besides turning auto aim off(cause that messed up his scatter-to-their-feets thingy), does anyone else playing him on console has some advice for his control settings? I haven't try the new options yet, I wonder if these help him at all.

komaruR

I like using Hanzo on pc, but I find him kind of wacky on console, nevertheless I try to do my best with him, 100% effort stubbornness, so besides turning auto aim off(cause that messed up his scatter-to-their-feets thingy), does anyone else playing him on console has some advice for his control settings? I haven't try the new options yet, I wonder if these help him at all.
I use him fine with 70/70 in dual zone. Havent tried new controls yet.
Makes it feel like a real consoles fps my aim is so much better now and switching targets is a breeze
What effect it does from turning it 0 to 100%?

Need a solo only comp queue.

So sick of Healers who only heal their group, Zarya only bubble their group, fucking Ana boosts Sombra instead of the Ulting Soldier.

Cappa

Banned
I'll need to test this out. It's basically 1:1 movement?
Not sure the mumbo jumbo but basically you don't need high sensitivity settings to be able to turn around quickly anymore you can have say 40-40 and quickly turn around with low aim smooth

I think it's what komaru said

LiK

Not sure the mumbo jumbo but basically you don't need high sensitivity settings to be able to turn around quickly anymore you can have say 40-40 and quickly turn around with low aim smooth

I think it's what komaru said

Well, if it plays like the CoD games, this could be a game changer.

Cappa

Banned
Well, if it plays like the CoD games, this could be a game changer.
There's a pretty big thread on reddit that explains it all pretty well. Linear ramping is pretty much broken but aim smoothing plus dual zone seems to be working for tons of people

LiK

There's a pretty big thread on reddit that explains it all pretty well. Linear ramping is pretty much broken but aim smoothing plus dual zone seems to be working for tons of people

Now I'm excited to go home and check it out.

I use him fine with 70/70 in dual zone. Havent tried new controls yet.

What effect it does from turning it 0 to 100%?

I saw no explanation in game but it felt like deadzone control. When at 100% moving the stick a little there's a slight delay before registers the turn (if you move your right stick left-right left-right real quick you can feel that delay). When 0%, when you move the stick a little, there is much less delay as it registers the turn.

Wish you could disable Torbjorns gun but leave the hammer usable. I tried creating a hammers only fight Club but people are no fun and just start using the gun :/

Cappa

Banned
Do we want aim asssit and smoothing at 100 each?
You want smoothing as low as comfortably possible.(ive been experimenting at 50,im going to try lower)

Aim assist is also whatever youre used to.

I'm also going to try expo ramp too. After reading this
Dual zone is two speeds, slow until you tilt the stick about 70% of its range of motion, than fast as hell for turning after you exceed the 70% range of motion.

Exponential Ramp is an exponentially growing speed, so if you tilt the stick 20% it will be going 20% speed, 40% will do 40% speed etc.

So you'll get a lot of different speeds with expo ramp. But you'll only have two with dual zone.

Dual zone was made as a very user friendly mode, so anyone can touch it and be adequate. This is what limits it in the end.

You want smoothing as low as comfortably possible.(ive been experimenting at 50,im going to try lower)

Aim assist is also whatever youre used to.

I'm also going to try expo ramp too. After reading this

That's the worst explanation of expo ramp i've ever seen in my life and incredibly incorrect on how it works in this game.

Even if you hit the most outter edge of your stick it still has to ramp up to 100% (this is why it's called expo ramp).

https://youtu.be/J-5OK8wKuwg?t=1m20s

Salarians

Currently testing aim smoothing at 30 with sensitivity 70/70, dual zone, aim assist 100
Yeah, I spent a good long while testing the various settings (as McCree against Ana bots) and found 70/70, dual zone, 100 aim assist, 0 smoothing was working best for me. But this isnt too far off from what I was using so maybe this won't be for everyone.

Matchmaking is rigged, everytime get to season high I get teamed with a bunch of shitlords. For like 15 games straight.

The better you play, the worse your teammates are.

I was playing about 10 matches of 3v3 elim last night, and I was destroying. In 4 of those games I killed all 3 opponents solo with Roadhog. One guy I faced off against 4 games in a row, and 100% of his deaths were from me hooking him (and we won all of them). I laughed hard and enjoyed my easy wins.

Then the game put me on his team, and when I died he said I sucked.

Generic post expressing my salty disdain for having a real rough run of games today.

I blame Persona for ending and thus me dipping into solo queue here.
Actually I was testing the console control options but a back to back Titanfall and Overwatch stint had me not really noticing any changes.

LiK

Tested out the settings. Eveoje seems better except Zarya. The hell is wrong with her with aim smoothing lowered. Feels weird.

How is this statistically possible. The three legendary skins I got have been all Tjorborn. 1 beardless, 2 overwatch shirt. God so horrible.

What does aim smoothing do anyway?

It makes your cursor/camera movement smooth instead of being "jerky" and rigid like what you would normally get with a mouse. Controllers use smoothing because of the limited movement you have with the analogue stick; it accelerates your inputs rapidly until a threshold.

It is basically aim acceleration for your analogue stick. Now your analogue stick will move at a constant rate depending on sensitivity, so you will have accurate aim instead of the random acceleration results you would get with smoothing.

LiK

It makes your cursor/camera movement smooth instead of being "jerky" and rigid like what you would normally get with a mouse. Controllers use smoothing because of the limited movement you have with the analogue stick; it accelerates your inputs rapidly until a threshold.

It is basically aim acceleration for your analogue stick. Now your analogue stick will move at a constant rate depending on sensitivity, so you will have accurate aim instead of the random acceleration results you would get with smoothing.

Thanks, I lowered it and it's better for some heroes a lot. Although I'll need to raise it back for others. Feels weird for some heroes.

Top Bottom