• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ParentGaf OT: Birth, Bib and Beyond

Well, sitting at the medical imaging place. Wife went in by herself (is that normal?) about 20-30 mins ago. Should have the answer soon
I'm so anxious I can't sit still.

Here's the update:

So they did an ultrasound and internal camera thing. They saw the egg safely in the correct spot. However, they can't confirm if a second egg didn't implant in the tubes (like a fraternal twin). We made an appointment to go over the results with our Doctor this Wednesday. Suffice to say, I'm really relieved. I figure the odds of not only having twins but having twins that end up ectopic are pretty rare, so it's pretty much a sure thing. Thanks for the kind words folks, I'm keeping my chin up!

No. Did they explicitly ask that you wait?

EDIT: this is for an ultrasound correct?

Yeah, they stopped me at the door. It's super early so maybe that's why?

Here's the update:

So they did an ultrasound and internal camera thing. They saw the egg safely in the correct spot. However, they can't confirm if a second egg didn't implant in the tubes (like a fraternal twin). We made an appointment to go over the results with our Doctor this Wednesday. Suffice to say, I'm really relieved. I figure the odds of not only having twins but having twins that end up ectopic are pretty rare, so it's pretty much a sure thing. Thanks for the kind words folks, I'm keeping my chin up!

Best of luck! Stopping you at the door is very odd. Could just be that places policy. I was in on everything with my wife from 8 weeks on.

aliengmr

Here's the update:

Yeah, that's strange, at least from my experience. I was present for every ultrasound. Only notable time I was forced to wait was when they were prepping for delivery, otherwise we were together every single time.

But other doctors may have a different way of doing things. I only mention this because the thought that my wife's ob would ask me to wait is like a completely foreign concept to me. I would probably have gotten strange looks had I chose not to be there.

EDIT: Glad everything looks good.

Ejc9dSl.jpg

Here's a recent picture of Andrew and Jacob from last night, I took it to commemorate the arrival of Dragon Quest VII. The announcement of the US version happened the afternoon after they were born. I was sitting in the recovery room as my wife slept and I watched the Nintendo Direct and was still full of emotion so I got all sorts of teary eyed, so I made made myself a promise to take a picture with them when the game came out *lol*

They are going through some sleep regression/seperation anxiety right now that has made it difficult for them to sleep in their own beds, the hoodie pajamas have been one way to attempt to combat it. If we try to cuddle them and put them down they will wake up anywhere from 1 hour to as little as 15 minutes afterwards. It's been a very rough 2-3 weeks and has resulted in some very nasty stressful fights between my wife and I because of lack of sleep from both of us.

mrkgoo

Here's a recent picture of Andrew and Jacob from last night, I took it to commemorate the arrival of Dragon Quest VII. The announcement of the US version happened the afternoon after they were born. I was sitting in the recovery room as my wife slept and I watched the Nintendo Direct and was still full of emotion so I got all sorts of teary eyed, so I made made myself a promise to take a picture with them when the game came out *lol*

They are going through some sleep regression/seperation anxiety right now that has made it difficult for them to sleep in their own beds, the hoodie pajamas have been one way to attempt to combat it. If we try to cuddle them and put them down they will wake up anywhere from 1 hour to as little as 15 minutes afterwards. It's been a very rough 2-3 weeks and has resulted in some very nasty stressful fights between my wife and I because of lack of sleep from both of us.
Man, I feel for you.

The lack of sleep from raisin get kids can get so stressful, it really can put a strain on any relationship. You're really pushed to edge at times with kids.

Best to keep in mind that you're not really yourself when you're in that state and have understanding partners and reciprocate.

mike6467

Apologies for the wall of text, this post kind of blew up on me. I debated on making a new thread for this (since I can now, woo member status), but figured I'd post this here first. Basically I need advice because I want to be a step parent...but I have serious issues interacting with kids.

Long story short(ened), I met my best friend 5 years ago. She was a single Mom working and going to school with two kids at the time. I've never really liked kids, and have long struggled to get along with them, I definitely never planned on having any of my own. This wasn't an issue for two years while our friendship was developing. Then at some point we kind of just fell for each other. For roughly the last 3 years we've been in this amazing friendship/quasi-romantic relationship, occasionally dating elsewhere, but consistently coming back to one another and growing closer. I bought a house last year, and she proceeded to rent rooms from me (we still sleep separately and her kids still see me as their friend/roommate, we have one other roommate living with us as well).

What we have is so far above every other relationship I've had, and has only gotten better with time. I've realized don't want to be with anyone else, she feels the same, probably even moreso. Ergo the child thing is a huge, huge deal. To the point where it could break us if I can't get over it. I need to figure this thing out, and at the moment I'm going to counseling to try to work through some of my mental issues with becoming a Dad.

In the meantime, I'm wondering if GAF has any simple tips for just interacting and getting along with kids, or potential strategies for getting over a fear/dislike of children that I can employ right away. We're both early 30's, and they're a 6 year old boy and a 10 year old girl. Their Dad is not in the picture. They're super well behaved, sociable and considerate, they like to help around the house. They like video games and presumably all the other things little kids like. Everyone who meets them comments on what amazing kids they are.

They really took to me initially, but I've tended to panic when they're around. I don't know how to relate to them or what to say; when I do say something, I feel like I'm either talking down to them, or treating them too much like I would an adult. I way overthink these things, but it has consistently resulted in me avoiding them and them thinking I don't like them; now most interactions are just awkward. This is foreign to me, because my social skills in pretty much every other area have always been my best asset.

TLDR: This girl and I definitively want to be with each other long term, but she needs to know I have the capacity to be there for her kids, and ultimately to be a Dad. If I can't do it, we both agree we need to move on so she can find someone who can. I care about her kids, and am working on reconciling myself to the idea of being a parent (including therapy), however in practice I'm having a lot of difficulty interacting with them. Any advice/thoughts are much appreciated. Thanks in advance GAF!

zbarron

Apologies for the wall of text, this post kind of blew up on me. I debated on making a new thread for this (since I can now, woo member status), but figured I'd post this here first. Basically I need advice because I want to be a step parent...but I have serious issues interacting with kids.
I used to be firmly in the "Hate kids never want any" camp. Now I have two wonderful boys and couldn't imagine life without them. If they're anything like mine just ask if they want to play some Smash Bros or whatever multiplayer game you might like.

Smash, Mario Kart etc are really best in local multiplayer. Play 3 players with them, who knows they might kick your ass, if not though try not to destroy them.

Honestly if you're sitting down with them trying to talk about their day it's going to be hard. That shit will come later if/when you have more of a relationship with them. For now I'd suggest more doing activities like videogames, putt putt, whatever where you can focus more on the activity and talk about that. Just have fun. Kids are a lot of fun.

zbarron

Any parents here sleep training their kids and have them teething? Nick is definitely getting more teeth. I want to be consistent with the sleep training because the last time I wasn't set us back a ton. However last night was just dreadful and I'm not sure I'm doing the right thing. Anyone have experience with this?

mrkgoo

Any parents here sleep training their kids and have them teething? Nick is definitely getting more teeth. I want to be consistent with the sleep training because the last time I wasn't set us back a ton. However last night was just dreadful and I'm not sure I'm doing the right thing. Anyone have experience with this?
Ugh, rough. That's the worst trying to be steadfast in a training routine (which helps shorten the time), but something unforeseen interrupts.

Dunno what you can do because it highly depends on the kid and how they handle it.

mike6467

I used to be firmly in the "Hate kids never want any" camp. Now I have two wonderful boys and couldn't imagine life without them. If they're anything like mine just ask if they want to play some Smash Bros or whatever multiplayer game you might like.

Smash, Mario Kart etc are really best in local multiplayer. Play 3 players with them, who knows they might kick your ass, if not though try not to destroy them.

Honestly if you're sitting down with them trying to talk about their day it's going to be hard. That shit will come later if/when you have more of a relationship with them. For now I'd suggest more doing activities like videogames, putt putt, whatever where you can focus more on the activity and talk about that. Just have fun. Kids are a lot of fun.

Thank you for this though! I know dealing with kids is trivial for some people, so the advice I've gotten from some people kind of brushes it off.

In fact it helped just today, just to focus on some activity, even if it's just cleaning the dishwasher or getting them something from the cupboard. It's amazing to me how my mind just shuts down otherwise. I think it's used to having logic to apply in most social situations "if this, then that" and I have no data on kids, so I just go blank and then panic about it, the more this happens the more I make it a big deal.

Mario Kart is a great idea, and I recently picked up a bunch of Disney Infinity stuff, so that's something I can distract myself with while spending time with them so I'm not over analyzing the situation.

I also tend to panic because they're young now, but I start thinking about what they'll be like when they're teenagers, what they'll expect, what their Mom will expect and this endless stream of questions I'm unequipped to answer, but I guess that probably happens to all parents to some degree, the questions might just be a bit different. I guess I'll just start here :D

mrkgoo

Thank you for this though! I know dealing with kids is trivial for some people, so the advice I've gotten from some people kind of brushes it off.

In fact it helped just today, just to focus on some activity, even if it's just cleaning the dishwasher or getting them something from the cupboard. It's amazing to me how my mind just shuts down otherwise. I think it's used to having logic to apply in most social situations "if this, then that" and I have no data on kids, so I just go blank and then panic about it, the more this happens the more I make it a big deal.

Mario Kart is a great idea, and I recently picked up a bunch of Disney Infinity stuff, so that's something I can distract myself with while spending time with them so I'm not over analyzing the situation.

I also tend to panic because they're young now, but I start thinking about what they'll be like when they're teenagers, what they'll expect, what their Mom will expect and this endless stream of questions I'm unequipped to answer, but I guess that probably happens to all parents to some degree, the questions might just be a bit different. I guess I'll just start here :D

Sometimes it's not brushing off...there isn't a whole lot of advice one can really give when it comes to kids, because every kid and situation is different.

Here's something that non-parents don't get - when you become a parent, you're NEVER ready. NOTHING prepares you. You may get a vague idea with all the advice and even preparation, and sure some helps, but none of it really gets you fully there. Parents settle into it because they HAVE to. there is no other choice. you;re chucked in at the deep end, and you figure it out. One day you're not a parent then the next you are, and there's no half way. You're in it full-time forever. There's no "I'll just dip in for a little while here and there".

And it's like that from then on. babies are different from toddlers, different form 4 year olds, different form 7 year olds. YOu're always just being chucked in at the deep-end. You learn to go with it, because what else can you do?

Anyone else raising a kid to be bilingual? If so, have you noticed much of a difference in your kid's personality depending on the language they're using? My daughter is pretty equally skilled in English and Japanese in terms of ability, but she's definitely more outgoing at her English preschool than her Japanese one. We're trying to pin that cause down. There are a bunch of different factors, and we're leaning towards the Japanese school teachers being more hands off and not as good as facilitating the kids to play together.

Anyone else raising a kid to be bilingual? If so, have you noticed much of a difference in your kid's personality depending on the language they're using? My daughter is pretty equally skilled in English and Japanese in terms of ability, but she's definitely more outgoing at her English preschool than her Japanese one. We're trying to pin that cause down. There are a bunch of different factors, and we're leaning towards the Japanese school teachers being more hands off and not as good as facilitating the kids to play together.
My son can't speak yet, but I'm aiming for trilingual: English, of course; Mandarin, from my mom and me (although I'm not that good); and maybe a bit of Spanish from our nanny. I want my wife to teach him Tagalog, too, but she doesn't really want to.

I'm planning to, Japanese and English as well. Do you live in Japan? We are making the move sometime in late 2017 early 2018 and I was curious if just speaking English at home Japanese everywhere else is enough.

Update from the Doctor. Everything is fine, no ectopic pregnancy. Turns out my wife was 5 weeks pregnant, not 3. So we are booked for another ultrasound this week or the next. I'll share pictures if I can!

Icefire1424

No advice unfortunately, but wanted to at least speak up and say you're not alone here. Sleep training for our two year old...hasn't exactly gone as we planned either. We still need to rock her to sleep before putting her down in bed, but on the plus side, once she's in bed, she will stay there all night until 7am or so the next morning. Might wake up once, but yea...still need to rock her to sleep every night.

Made some progress a couple months ago having her get into bed on her own, but then she got sick and we went back to rocking her. /Sigh.

Well, I finished sleep training with mine (fingers crossed), but she has been in the early stages of teething for almost 2 months now. The hard ridges of teeth coming in show and then disappear, but she's obviously uncomfortable. Last night she had her first actual waking in 3 weeks that lasted from 11 till 2AM and I'm pretty sure it was the teething. When it gets bad and it's obvious before I put her down for bed, I have this soothing/numbing gel that I rub on her gums before I leave the room. Or, if they're slightly feverish/red-cheeked from the teeth coming in, my sister in law recommended a dose of panadol with the last feed before bed that way it's taken effect by the time you put them down. No need to change up routines maybe, just incorporate some soothing measures?

We're actually at the early teething stage now, too, and we just saw the pediatrician this morning for his 6-month checkup. Doc says if it gets really bad, we can give him some Tylenol. Otherwise just give him a cold teether. Orajel for swelling if it gets bad.

I'm planning to, Japanese and English as well. Do you live in Japan? We are making the move sometime in late 2017 early 2018 and I was curious if just speaking English at home Japanese everywhere else is enough.

Update from the Doctor. Everything is fine, no ectopic pregnancy. Turns out my wife was 5 weeks pregnant, not 3. So we are booked for another ultrasound this week or the next. I'll share pictures if I can!

Nope in America. I have a friend who moved his family back to Japan a few years ago, and given that he would be the only native English speaker in his family and the long hours he worked, he was pretty resigned to his daughter being pretty much Japanese-only. Whereas, here in America even if I work long hours and my wife is at home speaking Japanese with our daughter all day, she still has plenty of opportunity to pick up English from the world around her.

Hello Parentgaf, hope you folks had a good weekend.

So we had a huge scare the day before our ultrasound. My wife had some heavy bleeding so we rushed to the emergency room. Long story short, everything is fine, the baby is a healthy 6 weeks, and no one is absolutely sure what caused the bleeding.

I was convinced with lost it and was a nervous wreck for a while, but things worked out in the end.

I'm looking forward to our next ultrasound, hopefully we'll see a heartbeat.

zbarron

So we had a huge scare the day before our ultrasound. My wife had some heavy bleeding so we rushed to the emergency room. Long story short, everything is fine, the baby is a healthy 6 weeks, and no one is absolutely sure what caused the bleeding.

I was convinced with lost it and was a nervous wreck for a while, but things worked out in the end.

That is scary. When my wife was in the first trimester with our first born we got in a pretty big argument and just after that she started bleeding. We went to the hospital and she got an ultrasound. He was fine and is 5 now but at the time I thought I had caused her to miscarry. Bleeding can be totally normal. Pregnancy can really be an emotional roller coaster. I feel ya.

Well, I finished sleep training with mine (fingers crossed), but she has been in the early stages of teething for almost 2 months now. The hard ridges of teeth coming in show and then disappear, but she's obviously uncomfortable. Last night she had her first actual waking in 3 weeks that lasted from 11 till 2AM and I'm pretty sure it was the teething. When it gets bad and it's obvious before I put her down for bed, I have this soothing/numbing gel that I rub on her gums before I leave the room. Or, if they're slightly feverish/red-cheeked from the teeth coming in, my sister in law recommended a dose of panadol with the last feed before bed that way it's taken effect by the time you put them down. No need to change up routines maybe, just incorporate some soothing measures?

We're actually at the early teething stage now, too, and we just saw the pediatrician this morning for his 6-month checkup. Doc says if it gets really bad, we can give him some Tylenol. Otherwise just give him a cold teether. Orajel for swelling if it gets bad.

We've tried both for the boys and it's been relatively successful. The other issue is that they simply refuse to sleep because they want to ignore the pain :( Tonight Andrew just did not want to sleep until he had one more bottle in him. He just went down about 20 min ago. It's been a bit more managable since their two bottom teeth have popped in, now it's their two top teeth that are coming in and it's the same routine all over again.

theaface

Really glad everything's ok. We saw the heartbeat at about 7 weeks, so it won't be long for you guys. It was a bit funny - baby looked like a flickering jelly bean then and the difference at 12 weeks is absolutely huge.

Our baby is 24 weeks now. We hit Mothercare on the weekend and spend a small fortune on furniture, cot bed, mattress, pushchair and car seat. Needs must! The best thing is, miraculously, my wife and I have now agreed on names for both boy and girl.

4 months old, and our little monkey has got his first cold.

It's only bothering him when he eats though, as he struggles to eat and breath at the same time when he's all bunged up with mucus and fluids.

The rest of the time he's making piggy noises (which he finds amusing). If he's awake, he's laughing his arse off at his own snorts and wheezings.

He's got the cheekiest smile ever, though

Really glad everything's ok. We saw the heartbeat at about 7 weeks, so it won't be long for you guys. It was a bit funny - baby looked like a flickering jelly bean then and the difference at 12 weeks is absolutely huge.

Our baby is 24 weeks now. We hit Mothercare on the weekend and spend a small fortune on furniture, cot bed, mattress, pushchair and car seat. Needs must! The best thing is, miraculously, my wife and I have now agreed on names for both boy and girl.

Yeah, I'm excited. Did you end up going with Sullivan?

4 months old, and our little monkey has got his first cold.

It's only bothering him when he eats though, as he struggles to eat and breath at the same time when he's all bunged up with mucus and fluids.

The rest of the time he's making piggy noises (which he finds amusing). If he's awake, he's laughing his arse off at his own snorts and wheezings.

He's got the cheekiest smile ever, though

Adorable! :3

JoeNut

So does anyone have any advice on how to choose cots and prams etc? there are so many, i don't even know where to start, im in the UK and we have quite a few different baby shops, mothercare, mamas and papas, babies r us, etc. etc. but they all seem to have hundreds of products.

Hey all! Relatively new to GAF as a poster, but have lurked on here for a long time. Have a 3 year old right now and with a gamer wife have been able to keep gaming on a nightly basis pretty consistently after the first year since our child's birth. The 1st year (3-6 months at least) can be pretty rough to your gaming schedule since you take every free opportunity you can to catch up on sleep.

We actually have #2 "unofficially" on the way. I say unofficially b/c we're at 8 weeks and won't feel 100% confident until we're through the 1st trimester gambit and have a good result for our 10-12 week scan & bloodwork.

1st trimester really does suck for everyone up until the very end. The prospective Mom goes through tons of bad symptoms such as morning sickness, weakened immune system, massive fatigue, cramping etc. and move the prospective Mom and Dad have this anxiety over risk of miscarriage hanging over their heads. I'm dealing with that right now. Every cramping episode or spotting that happens makes us worried that there's a problem, and that makes it really difficult to be excited about having conceived. It's only when you get to the end of the 1st trimester, when miscarriage odds drop immensely and when you get confident results that the baby is healthy, that you can brief a sigh of relief and be in a good position to announce it to the world.

During the 1st pregnancy, I was a nervous wreck for a lot of the 1st trimester. There was one time that I was in the grocery store and got a call from my wife and instantly thought that it was her calling to tell me that there had been a major problem. It was really just her asking me to pick up some extra deli meat..................this time around, even though I still am having trouble getting excited just yet about our successful conception (and that we are at 8 weeks not), I'm doing better with not being anxious about miscarriage and not getting nervous when my wife complains of cramping, spotting etc. What will be will be and this will become a most joyous time once we're able to announce it to our family at the end of the 1st trimester. 3-4 weeks to go until we can do just that!!!

emag

Any advice on how to get a one and a half year old to sleep longer/later in the morning?

Our little one's been getting up earlier and earlier recently. 6:15 AM was great (spouse goes to work around 7, we leave for daycare at 7:15) and 5:45 was acceptable, but now it's 4:30. We've tried letting baby cry it out, but that just means we listen to crying for an hour+, which is unpleasant for all involved. Bed time has not changed -- it's been around 7:45 PM for weeks -- and the one nap at daycare has also been consistent (early afternoon, about 2 hours).

mrkgoo

Any advice on how to get a one and a half year old to sleep longer/later in the morning?

Our little one's been getting up earlier and earlier recently. 6:15 AM was great (spouse goes to work around 7, we leave for daycare at 7:15) and 5:45 was acceptable, but now it's 4:30. We've tried letting baby cry it out, but that just means we listen to crying for an hour+, which is unpleasant for all involved. Bed time has not changed -- it's been around 7:45 PM for weeks -- and the one nap at daycare has also been consistent (early afternoon, about 2 hours).
How long is the nap in the day? Hmmm... two hours. Perhaps see if you can shift that earlier?

Otherwise it could be something to do with teething or external factor? Is there some routine you would otherwise do in the middle of the night to signify it's not wake up time yet?

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
ParentGAF, here's a vision of the future for you to cling to in the most difficult moments.

Two weeks ago, the last two of our three children left home - aged 28 and 23, one to work, one to college, and both 200 miles away.

It's a very strange feeling after 30 years, and emotionally a bit odd: kind of missing having them around, but proud that they're out in the world on their own two feet, and the excitement of getting to grips with life as just a couple again.

You have all this to look forward to, the first 20 years are the hardest!

theaface

Yeah, I'm excited. Did you end up going with Sullivan?

My wife is on board with it, so that's our pick! Obviously between now and mid January things can change and it'll be a moot point if we have a girl, but for now it's nice to have names that we both agree on.

So does anyone have any advice on how to choose cots and prams etc? there are so many, i don't even know where to start, im in the UK and we have quite a few different baby shops, mothercare, mamas and papas, babies r us, etc. etc. but they all seem to have hundreds of products.

Cots are much of a muchness. Depends on the style/colour you want. I'd recommend a cot bed over a cot so that you can get more use out of it. The mattress is the most important factor though.

As for pushchairs, just keep trying them out. Go to a big Mothercare or John Lewis and experiment. See what suits your needs. Everyone is different. For example, the Citi Mini which is very popular was no good for us as it was too heavy for my wife. You need to think about ease of use, folding, weight, comfort, etc. Just take your time, enjoy the experience and you'll find the choices whittle themselves down quite quickly.

We went with the Mamas and Papas Urbo2 in the end.

JoeNut

Thanks guys i'll have a search around and a play with some stuff, defo going for cot bed rather than just a regular cot.

My friend works at Cybex, a pram company apparently, so i guess i'll be asking him if he can get me some mates rates

ParentGAF, here's a vision of the future for you to cling to in the most difficult moments.

Two weeks ago, the last two of our three children left home - aged 28 and 23, one to work, one to college, and both 200 miles away.

It's a very strange feeling after 30 years, and emotionally a bit odd: kind of missing having them around, but proud that they're out in the world on their own two feet, and the excitement of getting to grips with life as just a couple again.

You have all this to look forward to, the first 20 years are the hardest!

My 12 year old is away from home (for the first time by herself) doing a school camp thing right now, and it's pretty fucking weird. It's so damn quiet here.

How do you guys handle exercise with a baby/kids around? My wife and I don't have a lot of overlap for when we're home, so it's usually just one of us watching Logan. I go for a lot of walks, but I feel out of shape. I want to be able to lift again. How can that be done safely while watching a toddler? I have plenty of equipment at home, but it's been so unused the cats have started peeing on it, like they've claimed it for themselves. It's sad. Everything feels in disarray.
Our gym has a "kidz club" that you can drop the kids off at. My wife goes to the gym 30 minutes before me then I bring Pete and she finishes up before me and takes him home while I work out.

That's pretty cool. Definitely convenient. I don't think a gym with a kid's play area exists anywhere near me.

Local YMCA's will often have similar. Our eldest is too old for it now though and the youngest is pushing it, too. They just read quietly in the waiting area if for some reason they're with us (e.g. school is out).

Fun infectious disease vector, too.

Future

How do you guys handle exercise with a baby/kids around? My wife and I don't have a lot of overlap for when we're home, so it's usually just one of us watching Logan. I go for a lot of walks, but I feel out of shape. I want to be able to lift again. How can that be done safely while watching a toddler? I have plenty of equipment at home, but it's been so unused the cats have started peeing on it, like they've claimed it for themselves. It's sad. Everything feels in disarray.

Can feel that disarray man. All your stuff is now claimed by kid stuff and even cats. Never understood the concept of a man cave till now.

When they are in a high chair, I pull out my weights in a closet near the kitchen. Usually can get about 30 min in

Media

I feel like I need to whine a bit. Husband is in Illinois working his new job. I am in charge of getting the entire crap load of our shit packed up by Oct. 21st for the movers to load.

I have a painful autoimmune disease that has left me disabled. We have three kids, 13, 10, and almost 9.

Last week, I found out the pain in my hip is because my disease has basically destroyed it and I'm likely going to have to have it replaced. I also found out that my medication with our new insurance will cost 2 grand a month of 14 dollars a month like the old insurance.

My 13 year old fucking amazing and helping out a ton with everything. But on Wednesday, my daughter, the youngest, fell in our driveway. She was in a lot of pain so I took her to the ER. The doctors there said she didn't break her leg. Sent her home, told me to send her school. She kept complaining of the pain, I thought maybe she was over reacting or something.

On Friday, the ER called me and said they reviewed the XRays and they think she did indeed break her leg. So she's been walking around on a broken leg for two days. They can't see her at the place in our backwater that deals with breaks until Monday morning.

Should I sue? Lol. Also any advice on how to keep an active 8 year old still and calm to prevent further damage to a break without a cast or crutches? I've been basically carrying her everywhere since they called.

Ugh. I wish hiring people to pack the house for me wasn't so bloody expensive. I thought last night about starting a gofundme cause damn, this month has just beaten me to shit. I'm not going to though, I have hard enough time accepting help from family members lol.

Cilla

I'm almost 11 weeks and super nervous about my 12 week scan. Especially as it's the only one I need to pay for. I've had two miscarriages this year so this is my third pregnancy. It's the only one I've seen a heartbeat for at 6 weeks but I'm just so worried something has happened again.

Top Bottom