• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ParentGaf OT: Birth, Bib and Beyond

Children's development can come on very suddenly. One moment they're doing this and with una few days they've learnt something else and moved on. It's amazing. You've discovered one of the joys of having a kid that is so hard to convey to non-parents.

Seeing your child develop like that and having a partial say in how it goes is truly incredible and humbling.
Man, this is no lie. We had been trying to teach him "more" in baby sign language forever, but would normally just point and scream at food. Then I was alone with him while my wife went upstairs for a second and he did it, and I just said, "Now, Ben, you can't keep screaming. If you want more (emphasized the word but didn't do the sign), you need..." and then he out of the blue tosses his hands together for the more sign. It was like the light bulb just turned on. So awesome.

Ben turns one on Sunday. What a journey it has been!

Sounds as though it's been on your mind for a while - perhaps you should just
forget about it.

Let it go.

I'm not sorry :)

Our mental synchronization could have but one explanation: you and I were just meant to be
dicks

Yup! Thanks for testing me but still going strong! Now if I can just persuade everyone to listen to something else while driving to the three birthday parties this weekend I should be OK.

mrkgoo

Here's a question:

What do you parents think of OTHER people giving expensive "things" to your kids to "play" with, without your permission of course?

Things like cellphones or tablets or other things like expensive jewellery that aren't toys but for some reason people like to give to kids to play with temporarily.

I hate it because who is responsible if your kid breaks something? We try to encourage our kids not to take stuff like that, but you know, they don't understand the value difference between $1000 iPhone and a pack of crayons. They don't understand about things being more fragile. Kids drop and break stuff - it's what they do.

What would you do if someone handed your kid an iPhone and they broke it? Whose responsible? Is it ultimately your kid so you have to pay for it? What about the stupidity of handing your expensive electronics to a child?

Of course age would come into it, like if your teen kid broke something of course you're liable. But what about a toddler?

I mean, I'M ready for my kid to break anything of mine, sure. But I'm not ready for them to break other people's stuff. So I warn them not to touch others stuff. But some people like to hand stuff straight to them. I hate that.

mrkgoo

Anyone who gives a $1000 iPhone to a toddler and expects it back in one piece is an idiot.

If I was there at the time I'd intervene, not because I'd blame the toddler but it's just less hassle and tears for everyone if you can prevent the situation. This really goes for anything if it's not age-appropriate. Protect your kids, even if it's just from the stupidity of adults and later being blamed for just being a kid.

I'd usually intervene. Say something like "yeah don't give that to them, not a good idea", but you can't be everywhere sometimes. Or even be that quick with somethings.

Anyway it was just a random thought. Some people aren't parents and don't think along certain lines.

Media

Anyone who gives a $1000 iPhone to a toddler and expects it back in one piece is an idiot.

If I was there at the time I'd intervene, not because I'd blame the toddler but it's just less hassle and tears for everyone if you can prevent the situation. This really goes for anything if it's not age-appropriate. Protect your kids, even if it's just from the stupidity of adults and later being blamed for just being a kid.

This.

If they do it and your worried, just take it from kid, hand it back to the owner and say 'haha, sorry, he breaks things too easy.'

Here's a question:

What do you parents think of OTHER people giving expensive "things" to your kids to "play" with, without your permission of course?

Things like cellphones or tablets or other things like expensive jewellery that aren't toys but for some reason people like to give to kids to play with temporarily.

I hate it because who is responsible if your kid breaks something? We try to encourage our kids not to take stuff like that, but you know, they don't understand the value difference between $1000 iPhone and a pack of crayons. They don't understand about things being more fragile. Kids drop and break stuff - it's what they do.

What would you do if someone handed your kid an iPhone and they broke it? Whose responsible? Is it ultimately your kid so you have to pay for it? What about the stupidity of handing your expensive electronics to a child?

Of course age would come into it, like if your teen kid broke something of course you're liable. But what about a toddler?

I mean, I'M ready for my kid to break anything of mine, sure. But I'm not ready for them to break other people's stuff. So I warn them not to touch others stuff. But some people like to hand stuff straight to them. I hate that.

It's not smart in my opinion. I'm an insurance agent, so I'm always telling new parents to add on the computer coverage we offer for our renters and homeowners insurance if they happen to drop their ipad/laptop or crack the screen as it is not covered. I have the twins and they are always trying to smack my phone or tablet out of my hand.

Media

Parents of older kids:

My son hit 13 recently, and he's very, very much in the throes of puberty. I'm working him through it as best I can, but it gets awkward for him sometimes since I'm his mom. :/ I think he's handling it pretty well, all things considered. My middle son, at 10, is starting to show signs as well. So we've had lots of awkward as hell talks, about body hair and erm...night time emissions and such. Imagine having to explain to a kid why he sometimes wakes up with wet underwear when he didn't pee the bed. Ugh! Also having to explain about masturbation and shit. I wish his dad was more into like...being a dad.

My question is my daughter. She's nine, and I know I started my first period around that age. I know it's going to be harder for her (she is already terrified at the sight of blood) and she has issues feeling pain like normal people, so I am worried she won't even notice anything is wrong until she starts bleeding. I've explained to her what will happen, and I will likely keep having that conversation with her to reinforce it, but my question:

They sell these 'first period packs' and stuff on Amazon. Should I get her one of those? Make it something she can look forward to to take the 'scary' out of it? Or just keep some pads on hand? (I don't use them anymore because after her I had a hysterectomy). I DO NOT want her to go through what I did: Starting at school with no fucking clue what was happening to me and panicking. Should I have her start carrying an emergency pad or two? Or is that a bit too much.

I realize I am likely overthinking this. I just want to spare her the 'embarrassment' of her first period. I also know she likely won't start as early as I did.

Any tips from you guys?

n64coder

Parents of older kids:

My son hit 13 recently, and he's very, very much in the throes of puberty. I'm working him through it as best I can, but it gets awkward for him sometimes since I'm his mom. :/ I think he's handling it pretty well, all things considered. My middle son, at 10, is starting to show signs as well. So we've had lots of awkward as hell talks, about body hair and erm...night time emissions and such. Imagine having to explain to a kid why he sometimes wakes up with wet underwear when he didn't pee the bed. Ugh! Also having to explain about masturbation and shit. I wish his dad was more into like...being a dad.

Your husband needs to get more involved. Yes, it's tough to initiate the talk the first time but then it's real easy. I have two girls (16 & 13) and it was slightly awkward the first few minutes but then it was real easy. I let them ask any questions they want. They were most curious about guys getting boners and what they would do, etc. I shared my experiences growing up, having sex, the importance of using protection and getting tested, etc. They would ask questions from time to time and they knew that they could talk to us at any time about anything.

I talked to a few of her friends' parents and was surprised at how many of them never had the "talk" with their kids. Shocking. I thought people would be more open now.

My question is my daughter. She's nine, and I know I started my first period around that age. I know it's going to be harder for her (she is already terrified at the sight of blood) and she has issues feeling pain like normal people, so I am worried she won't even notice anything is wrong until she starts bleeding. I've explained to her what will happen, and I will likely keep having that conversation with her to reinforce it, but my question:

They sell these 'first period packs' and stuff on Amazon. Should I get her one of those? Make it something she can look forward to to take the 'scary' out of it? Or just keep some pads on hand? (I don't use them anymore because after her I had a hysterectomy). I DO NOT want her to go through what I did: Starting at school with no fucking clue what was happening to me and panicking. Should I have her start carrying an emergency pad or two? Or is that a bit too much.

I realize I am likely overthinking this. I just want to spare her the 'embarrassment' of her first period. I also know she likely won't start as early as I did.

Any tips from you guys?

We did not get anything like first period packs. I think my wife explained what will happen and she put a little kit (pads, stuff) in their backpack. Not exactly sure what they did when it first happened or when they first noticed. I'll see if I can ask them when I get home tonight.

Night 1 of hardcore sleep training begins. Mia is in her own room, in her own cot, no more night feeds... Parent GAF, I ask you, is 6 beers in the fridge enough or should I prep more?

Media

Your husband needs to get more involved. Yes, it's tough to initiate the talk the first time but then it's real easy. I have two girls (16 & 13) and it was slightly awkward the first few minutes but then it was real easy. I let them ask any questions they want. They were most curious about guys getting boners and what they would do, etc. I shared my experiences growing up, having sex, the importance of using protection and getting tested, etc. They would ask questions from time to time and they knew that they could talk to us at any time about anything.

I talked to a few of her friends' parents and was surprised at how many of them never had the "talk" with their kids. Shocking. I thought people would be more open now.

We did not get anything like first period packs. I think my wife explained what will happen and she put a little kit (pads, stuff) in their backpack. Not exactly sure what they did when it first happened or when they first noticed. I'll see if I can ask them when I get home tonight.

I've always been the one to initiate the talks with my boys :/ When the 'why is my underwater wet' incident happened, I told him to go talk to his dad. The next day he pulled me aside and said 'Mom, I don't really understand, Dad just told me 'your body is going to change, good talk' but I still have questions..' so I laid it all out for him. Basically talked about maturation, that it's healthy, but to always clean up and only do it in private, showed him how a condom works, talked about consent...I hope I didn't info dump on him too much lol.

My husband is really old fashioned. I asked him if he thought the First Period pack was a good idea and he threw up his hands and said he couldn't even think about that stuff lol

Why are they in the fridge and not your stomach?

On that note, my wife doesn't want to do sleep training.

I will have one at 8 or 8:30 as a mini celebration if she cooperates. She went down fairly easy, but there have been a few cries (followed by silence) in the last half hour, so I don't think she's deep or maybe even asleep yet. -_- I'm hoping for a not super ridiculous night. I tried to prep as best I can.

Why doesn't your wife want to sleep train? Are things going so well (no waking, decent sleep) you don't need to or is she just reluctant because of the crying part?

Media > Your hubby needs a boot to the bum. He should definitely be doing more!

I will have one at 8 or 8:30 as a mini celebration if she cooperates. She went down fairly easy, but there have been a few cries (followed by silence) in the last half hour, so I don't think she's deep or maybe even asleep yet. -_- I'm hoping for a not super ridiculous night. I tried to prep as best I can.

Why doesn't your wife want to sleep train? Are things going so well (no waking, decent sleep) you don't need to or is she just reluctant because of the crying part?

Media > Your hubby needs a boot to the bum. He should definitely be doing more!
He actually does happen to sleep pretty well (11 PM til 6 or 7 AM consistently, though he's been waking up around 1 for the last few days), but I think it's an attachment thing. I plan to bring it up again when he's 6 months old, since he just turned 5 months yesterday.

zbarron

Night 1 of hardcore sleep training begins. Mia is in her own room, in her own cot, no more night feeds... Parent GAF, I ask you, is 6 beers in the fridge enough or should I prep more?
Nice. What method are you going for? We did essentially the Ferber method, but didn't stick with it like we should have and now I'm waiting to get back to it. Nick got his bottom front two teeth in at once and has been feeling super crummy lately so we're postponing the training until he's feeling better.
Why are they in the fridge and not your stomach?

On that note, my wife doesn't want to do sleep training.
My wife felt the same. She couldn't stand to hear him cry and not get him or know that I'm not getting him either.

shandy706

My husband is really old fashioned. I asked him if he thought the First Period pack was a good idea and he threw up his hands and said he couldn't even think about that stuff lol

Show your husband this post. Hey bud, grow a pair and act like a real man. Step up and teach your children. Help your wife with this stuff, they're only young ONCE. Is your daughter the little girl or are you the little girl sir?

This is from a 33 year old MAN with two daughters. I've talked to my 8 year old about her body changing in the coming years. Obviously my 4 year old doesn't need that talk yet.

I suggest phasing beer out of your home completely. Unless you're just joking there. Drop alcohol as a regular thing now that you're a parent.

He actually does happen to sleep pretty well (11 PM til 6 or 7 AM consistently, though he's been waking up around 1 for the last few days), but I think it's an attachment thing. I plan to bring it up again when he's 6 months old, since he just turned 5 months yesterday.

Man, I'd have killed for nights like those. :) Sounds like you have the right idea. I think 6 months is a good marker. Mia's 6 months this week, so i figured it was a good time to start. Hope you guys don't get any regression bad. If you do, though, more ammo for sleep training. Good luck!

Nice. What method are you going for? We did essentially the Ferber method, but didn't stick with it like we should have and now I'm waiting to get back to it. Nick got his bottom front two teeth in at once and has been feeling super crummy lately so we're postponing the training until he's feeling better.

My wife felt the same. She couldn't stand to hear him cry and not get him or know that I'm not getting him either.

Kind of a modified Ferber. I already worked at her being able to go down cold, so not many problems there, but being in her own room overnight is going to be a bit rough for her at first, I think. Tonight I put her down with a full belly at around her normal bed time (7:15-7:30), gave her 15 minutes to settle herself (which she did), then waited. She cried a bit and was mostly quiet until 7:50, so I gave her 15 more mins to self-settle and when she didn't I started the 3, 5, 10 on the Ferber day 1 schedule.

First wake tonight we went 3, 5, 10, and on the 2nd 10 she's gone quiet. I'm just waiting to see if it holds. If she makes it past an hour and wakes again later tonight I'll start 3, 5, 10 again. If she wakes in the next 60 minutes I'll wait 10 and just do 10s from there. Fingers crossed.

Time for that beer. *phew*

Show your husband this post. Hey bud, grow a pair and act like a real man. Step up and teach your children. Help your wife with this stuff, they're only young ONCE. Is your daughter the little girl or are you the little girl sir?

This is from a 33 year old MAN with two daughters. I've talked to my 8 year old about her body changing in the coming years. Obviously my 4 year old doesn't need that talk yet.

I suggest phasing beer out of your home completely. Unless you're just joking there. Drop alcohol as a regular thing now that you're a parent.

Why should I drop alcohol? Naturally, I'm joking about the amount there, but I see no reason to drop my glass of wine with dinner or the occasional beer.

"Drop" it into your mouth.

I've actually been out of beer for a few weeks now. I started drinking my wife's fake (non-alcoholic) beer. It's...not so good.

shandy706

Why should I drop alcohol? Naturally, I'm joking about the amount there, but I see no reason to drop my glass of wine with dinner or the occasional beer.

Haha, no big deal there. I meant.."I hope he's not knocking back a 6 pack" because his kid fell asleep kind of "drop it".

I have one with wings during football parties and out with friends. I also like a good glass of wine. That was more of a parent making sure other parent wasn't getting sloshed during a break.

I cut the beer from our home if our daughters are around for stuff. Just being a good example as best I can for them.

Haha yeah showing him that post would get me in a lot of trouble.

Thanks for the advice though.

That's a shame.

You're welcome though. Sounds like you could use a man that puts in more effort though...and perhaps he could be a little kinder too :(. Best of luck though, I have no idea how I'm going to handle the coming teen years.

Having my third in January, get to find out the sex today.

I already have two daughters, I'm going for the trifecta. I've lost all my desire to have boys.

Update: it's a girl. I'm stoked.

Media

That's a shame.

You're welcome though. Sounds like you could use a man that puts in more effort though...and perhaps he could be a little kinder too :(. Best of luck though, I have no idea how I'm going to handle the coming teen years.

I know we have issues, I try not to complain. One of those 'there's not much else I can do' instances so complaining doesn't help anything :)

I'll be sure to drop advice though as I go through the teen years. I know I'm going to fuck up a lot lol so hopefully I can warn you guys.

Haha, no big deal there. I meant.."I hope he's not knocking back a 6 pack" because his kid fell asleep kind of "drop it".

I have one with wings during football parties and out with friends. I also like a good glass of wine. That was more of a parent making sure other parent wasn't getting sloshed during a break.

I cut the beer from our home if our daughters are around for stuff. Just being a good example as best I can for them.

It's been years since I polished off a 6 pack by myself. :) These days, even when we went out and had the benefit of my husband's parents watching the baby, I struggled to have 3. I'm sure I'll enjoy an outing more vigorously in the future, but I'm pretty content with my modest bit these days.

However, I don't think that removing something that requires a bit of control from the environment is what sets a 'good example'. Not abusing it, and explaining it properly to our children would be far more beneficial to their future, I believe. Vices like alcohol and sweets become problems when they're taboo or mysterious. It's not like alcohol is going to disappear from the rest of the world (or their lives) just because you've omitted it from your fridge. The best example I can set for my daughter is to treat it like a mature adult (not get completely sloshed) and give her the information/tools to make good decisions of her own when she's old enough to understand.

Having my third in January, get to find out today the sex.

I already have two daughters, I'm going for the trifecta. I've lost all my desire to have boys.

Update: it's a girl. I'm stoked.

Congrats, yo~ That's awesome!

mrkgoo

It's been years since I polished off a 6 pack by myself. :) These days, even when we went out and had the benefit of my husband's parents watching the baby, I struggled to have 3. I'm sure I'll enjoy an outing more vigorously in the future, but I'm pretty content with my modest bit these days.

However, I don't think that removing something that requires a bit of control from the environment is what sets a 'good example'. Not abusing it, and explaining it properly to our children would be far more beneficial to their future, I believe. Vices like alcohol and sweets become problems when they're taboo or mysterious. It's not like alcohol is going to disappear from the rest of the world (or their lives) just because you've omitted it from your fridge. The best example I can set for my daughter is to treat it like a mature adult (not get completely sloshed) and give her the information/tools to make good decisions of her own when she's old enough to understand.

Congrats, yo~ That's awesome!

Good advice.

I like to think the best way to teachers by example. However, I don't drink so I'm not sure I could set a good example for alcohol moderation.

shandy706

I agree on showing them how to handle things in moderation. I don't really "like" beer though, haha. I've actually never cracked open a beer for the heck of it in my life. The beer I drink is usually complimentary to the food much like a wine can be.

I've had alcohol conversations with the 8 year old. We let her sip red wine once and she swears it's the nastiest stuff on earth now, lol.

I cut it out of football parties and such if my daughters are home (whe have a lot of people over) where I may not be able to moderate everyone. It's a different story if they stay with grandma for the weekend.

How have you coped with cluster feeding? It's starting to drive us wild!

Our 3 week old will get about one or two 2-3 hour naps in per day, but otherwise it's basically feeding every 45-90 minutes and then napping for 20 minutes tops. On the one hand we were told by the doctor's to never deny the breast, on the other this is leading to some major sleep deprivation and exhaustion, particularly for my wife.

We have a lactation consultant coming to the house today to help, but I'm just wondering what your experiences and possible solutions were to this madness.

Our 3 week old will get about one or two 2-3 hour naps in per day, but otherwise it's basically feeding every 45-90 minutes and then napping for 20 minutes tops. On the one hand we were told by the doctor's to never deny the breast, on the other this is leading to some major sleep deprivation and exhaustion, particularly for my wife.

We have a lactation consultant coming to the house today to help, but I'm just wondering what your experiences and possible solutions were to this madness.
It's a pain in the ass (or breast, for your wife), but I think it only comes around during growth spurts, mostly.

Lactation consultants, we've found, are not that useful once they show you the breastfeeding techniques.

Browny

Banned

Yeah, it's a pain but it passes in time. We adjusted our sleep schedules slightly when they were going on, in so much as mum would be in bed by around 8pm, to try and get two bouts of sleep - before 1am and then after 4am. In between those two times was the cluster feeding. Joy...

But it does settle down!

It's a pain in the ass (or breast, for your wife), but I think it only comes around during growth spurts, mostly.

Lactation consultants, we've found, are not that useful once they show you the breastfeeding techniques.

Yeah, it just seems like what the baby needs right now. Might just be a matter of being able to mentally endure the challenge of barely sleeping and constant need. Our baby growing like crazy and healthy (hallelujah!). When I get home I'll found out if the lactation consultant had anything to offer.

Edit: Thanks Browny aka Enzo! I don't know how to add an additional quote to an edit... I'm just doing my best to help my wife get as much sleep as possible.

I've explained to her what will happen, and I will likely keep having that conversation with her to reinforce it, but my question.

I have two daughters, nine and twelve, neither of which have started puberty. For the eldest a year or so ago we bought "The Care & Keeping of You" (and its follow-up) which is a wonderful book by the American Girls series that answers all the usual hygiene and what not excitement. Then my wife spoke to them about any concerns they have and had some chats. Our nine year old also read it and was pretty amazed/puzzled by it all. We'll see how they both cope once it happens.

The eldest has a little pouch with some pads and plastic bag with clean underwear in it if a swap is needed, and a little candy.

I take great relish in discussing these issues on an anatomical basis (I bought the girls an anatomy book that is entirely full of color plates of plastinated bodies), enough so that it's probably counterproductive, but I like them to know we're all made out of meat, slowly rotting.

emag

My 15 month old wanted to play Momodora RUtM today. He didn't get very far, but his controller technique is much improved from when he first tried video games half a year ago.

T1dg4Jm.jpg

Omikron

This is very much like my thinking. These conversations and discussions are going to happen as a regular course be if you abstain or not. Hiding it away is a bad idea.

I say that as someone that brews at home. So explaining things to my son about how that works can be an educational tool also. It's chemistry.

sikkinixx

The wife and I are doing our baby shower registry thing. Well she is, I'm nodding and giving a thumbs up to whatever she thinks is cute. But for a baby monitor ... A few websites have suggested using a Nest Cam since its damn good picture in the dark and can be used for other stuff as well. Some friends of mine have a Motorola one but it seemed kinda shitty and cheap. Any advice?

Also any little things you wouldn't have expected to need but would have been happy to have before baby arrived? We have no idea what we are doing haha

The wife and I are doing our baby shower registry thing. Well she is, I'm nodding and giving a thumbs up to whatever she thinks is cute. But for a baby monitor ... A few websites have suggested using a Nest Cam since its damn good picture in the dark and can be used for other stuff as well. Some friends of mine have a Motorola one but it seemed kinda shitty and cheap. Any advice?

Also any little things you wouldn't have expected to need but would have been happy to have before baby arrived? We have no idea what we are doing haha
We bought the Motorola ones, but I think Foscams are just as good because they are easy to setup and versatile. I don't know too, too much about Nestcam, but aside from it being zWave, I don't think it offered any real advantages over Foscam, which is nice because it can turn.

We also went with Arlo over Nestcam, again, for general home security because it's truly wireless.

Oh, and get a diaper pail. It's more valuable than you would think! We're going to buy a second.

RetroMG

We bought the Motorola ones, but I think Foscams are just as good because they are easy to setup and versatile. I don't know too, too much about Nestcam, but aside from it being zWave, I don't think it offered any real advantages over Foscam, which is nice because it can turn.

We also went with Arlo over Nestcam, again, for general home security because it's truly wireless.

We're doing the Foscam, because it looked like it had similar features to the Nestcam but for about a hundred dollars less. (A family member is buying it as a gift, so we didn't want it to be too expensive.) I don't have it yet, but I'll chime in when I do.

Looks like my 25-day old has colic, which explains why she's been fussing and not sleeping. We made some changes in our routine, suggested by a doula, and it's working like 80% of the time now. She's getting sleep! Last night was a rough one though.

How'd y'all help your baby cope with colic? Poor thing.

Teething is in full swing for both of the boys,and sleep regression along with it. Additionally,my cat has decided that Jacob's crib is an excellent cat bed and she will sleep in there with him very carefully :( Not happy with any of these developments.

I got a Motorola type Nest Cam thing from Costco because it was a HELL of a lot cheaper than anything at a Buy Buy Baby or Babys R Us. Cost about $100, had good picture in the dark, can hear him, and it works on our iPhones. I highly recommend going that route. Besides, I'm kinda cheap, so works for me.

Teething caused some sleep regression with my son for about 6 weeks after he did an amazing job sleeping through the night for months. After they popped through, he's been doing much better. But we just got to one year old and our pediatrician is recommending we wean him off the bottle...ooooo boy I'm not looking forward to this...

We're doing the Foscam, because it looked like it had similar features to the Nestcam but for about a hundred dollars less. (A family member is buying it as a gift, so we didn't want it to be too expensive.) I don't have it yet, but I'll chime in when I do.
Sorry. To clarify, we bought but never used the Motorola ones because we already had Foscams. They're great, but setting them up for remote viewing takes a bit more work, since you have to set up a DDNS.

ParentGAF help me decide a debate between me and my wife: what's more likely?

1. Jaundice or some other medical condition or cause for concern has turned a small portion of our daughter's upper lip yellow
2. Our 3-year old is lying when she says she didn't try to eat a highlighter

Edit: I was right it washed off

sikkinixx

Oh, and get a diaper pail. It's more valuable than you would think! We're going to buy a second.

I got a Motorola type Nest Cam thing from Costco because it was a HELL of a lot cheaper than anything at a Buy Buy Baby or Babys R Us. Cost about $100, had good picture in the dark, can hear him, and it works on our iPhones. I highly recommend going that route. Besides, I'm kinda cheap, so works for me.

Teething caused some sleep regression with my son for about 6 weeks after he did an amazing job sleeping through the night for months. After they popped through, he's been doing much better. But we just got to one year old and our pediatrician is recommending we wean him off the bottle...ooooo boy I'm not looking forward to this...

Thanks for the input!

Top Bottom