• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Parents Ditch Diapers for Au Naturel Toileting Trend (AKA pooping on streets + sinks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
lawyer-turned-Reiki healer

"I couldn't handle the real world, so I created my own fictional world!"

This shit is fucking bananas, it seems decades of proper health management has turned people into idiots who are incapable of remembering middle school history where

1) Vaccines are good
2) Shitting in the streets is bad

The internet has created these idiots who continually and naturally group together and reinforce their half truths with their own bias.

The Patriots were right, were aren't fit for this power!

india-photos-01-550x412.jpg

S3RxSv5.gif

studyguy

“Sometimes the thrill of being able to go outside and pee is just what [babies] need,” Longwell-Stevens said. "In the suburbs people set up potties in the trunk of their cars. That made me jealous. But in New York no one cares what you are doing. You can hold your baby to pee pretty much anywhere. Especially since few people would have any idea what you are doing.”

None of this is okay. Who sets up a toilet in their trunk, that shit smell seeps into your fucking main cab!

styl3s

Every generation is full of nonsensical bullshit hated by the older generation and some of it is just "i come from a different era, i hate this!" and some of it is "this is stupid, you're stupid, stop being stupid" and in this case it's the latter. This isn't as ridiculous as the whole no vaccine thing but it's pretty goddamn fucking ridiculous.

SmokyDave

That's just nasty. I reckon I'll keep toilet training my kid the normal way. In the horrific event that she is struck down with nappy rash, I'll contact my local reiki healer.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Free range children, you stick them in a field with no supervision until they're 12.

I know you're joking but this would actually be refreshing. Parenting is dominated by irrational fear these days, the boundaries children have is basically confined to within their own house. I remember as a kid my parents would let me play in a park completely unsupervised. Wouldn't fly today.

Dafuq is a Reiki Healer? That sounds like a class in Lineage 4.

It's basically a spiritual practice, that's kind of turned into a psuedoscience, something about transferring energy called "reiki" using "Qi". Which basically consists of touching a patient with your palms in a certain manner, combined with hovering your hands palms down over the patients body up and down all mystical-like and shit.

Magical healing aura powers activate! Whoooooooo!

If you time it right, you have to clean shit out of sinks or other surfaces.
If you time it wrong, you have to clean shit only its been launched out of a poop cannon.

Either way you lose.

Vyroxis

Banned
I know you're joking but this would actually be refreshing. Parenting is dominated by irrational fear these days, the boundaries children have is basically confined to within their own house. I remember as a kid my parents would let me play in a park completely unsupervised. Wouldn't fly today.

Christ, from 8 on my parents had no qualms leaving me home alone for entire weekends. Forget helicopter parents, we are breeding an entire generation of holier than thou GPS tracking full body armor 'my child is always a special unique snowflake than can do no wrong' parents.

Yup, I live in Park Slope the epicenter of all things baby in NYC and I have seen this in action between parked cars more than a couple of times. End of days.

JDSN

Banned
It's basically a spiritual practice, that's kind of turned into a psuedoscience, something about transferring energy called "reiki" using "Qi". Which basically consists of touching a patient with your palms in a certain manner, combined with hovering your hands palms down over the patients body up and down all mystical-like and shit.

Magical healing aura powers activate! Whoooooooo!

I thought only black people can do that when facing the police?

Thank god I'm choosing not to have kids. I'd hate for my child to go through school as an outcast because he chooses to shit in a toilet and not on the classroom floor. Or that he likes to be protected from diseases so he's a loser for getting vaccinated.

Somnid

What is the goal here? Humans used to shit wherever but it's proven that was a detriment and modern sanitation practice has helped society immensely.

That's a pretty big thing to give up, so what is the counter-balance? The baby potentially feels freer without a diaper? The parent doesn't have to remove some clothing if they succeed? The parent is forced to be more responsive lest they find themselves cleaning up excrement? I don't see how this is really a reasonable trade-off or of much of an objective benefit to anyone.

Famassu

Diapers are a huge environmental problem that we should actively try to get rid of but... I'm not sure if this is the answer...

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Anti vaccines and now shitting in the street. Are we trying to regress 200+ years? What's next? Bathing only once a year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom