• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paris Terrorist Attacks, 120+ dead. Do not post hearsay/unsourced/old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sijil

Two suicide attacks strike my city yesterday and kills over 40 of my compatriots, women and children among them, it receives only a page worth of attention and the attack is labelled as an attack on a militant stronghold.

An attack by the same group on Paris attracts over 9 pages worth of following and condemnation.... Wonder what the reaction would be if Lebanese newspapers labelled the attack as an attack on a French military stronghold?

Regardless of my rant, the attacks on Beirut from yesterday and the vile justifications and gloating that followed are still fresh, my heartfelt condolences to the French people and not the government.

Alx

Damn that's crazy, watching the images on TV. Cops are all nervous with their weapons drawn...

LeBart

I live in Paris. I'm fucking speechless.
Not again...

My girlfriend's parents live in rue de Charonne. She was with her mother at the restaurant that was attacked a week ago. A bunch of my friends are locked inside bars around the area.

Kuldar

Horrible, and if few hours the far right in France will try to use it as a way to promote their xenophobic agenda...

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Terrible, and the worst part is that is going to spread the hate for all muslims in Europe. Vicious circle.
That's the worst part? Seriously? So many people are dead and according to you, the worst part is that some people might become prejudiced against Muslims?

Real Hero

Agreed but this is just continuing the vicious cycle that radical Muslims thrive off.

Kill innocents, then backlash happens on non radical Muslims pushing them towards radicalism

Sure, I don't disagree but it seems a little bit heartless for that to be some peoples first reaction.

Tenebrous

Source? Jesus fuck

I think it's just a prediction. With that many hostages, honestly, I'm inclined to agree with him/her... Not one of the attackers (suicide bombers aside) have been confirmed dead yet, while the innocent lives taken just seems to keep going up and up.

Scrooged

Totally wronger about Nintendo's business decisions.
Yes but recently our Government sent our army to fight ISIS is Syria, so... We launched airstrikes again ISIS, so I guess that it doesn't make them happy.

Have we already forgotten Charlie Hebdo? All it takes is drawings of Muhammad to make these people kill.

NateDog

Jesus 100 hostages, apparently maybe 35 could be dead (although that might be a mix up of 35 at the time overall in all attacks). Praying it won't get worse. Thoughts are with everyone affected.

Grizzo

Stay safe, Grizzo. Don't panic though

You're right, even though it's hard with all these sounds in the streets and people rushing to go home in my stairwell. I just don't want the nightmare from January to happen again but it's already too late for that :(

LordDash

Banned
gD2nyVN.jpg

Covering of the bodies near a restaurant

This shit is vile as fuck

Anfony O

I just wish the media highlights that these cunts are the same people that killed 40 muslims in the Beirut bombings 2 nights earlier.

Two suicide attacks strike my city yesterday and kills over 40 of my compatriots, women and children among them, it receives only a page worth of attention and the attack is labelled as an attack on a militant stronghold.

An attack by the same group on Paris attracts over 9 pages worth of following and condemnation.... Wonder what the reaction would be if Lebanese newspapers labelled the attack as an attack on a French military stronghold?

Regardless of my rant, the attacks on Beirut from yesterday and the vile justifications and gloating that followed are still fresh, my heartfelt condolences to the French people and not the government.
Sadly, for most people - including me - those events are far removed from us, so the impact is a lot less. This hits way closer to home for people here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom