• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paris Terrorist Attacks, 120+ dead. Do not post hearsay/unsourced/old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

megalowho

If this is an Islamist terrorist attack firstly the families of the victims should have all the necessary resources to help them cope. My heart goes out to them. Then we here in Europe have to make sure that we stand in solidarity with Muslims as the right will demonize them even further. They are our best chance of defeating this ideology. Decent honorable muslims must fight these ideas with the rest of us by their side. It'll probably take decades.
Decent muslims need to lead this fight, loudly and forcefully. This is their house and their religion. Radical Islam has been allowed to fester and grow alongside peaceful practitioners for far too long. Sick to my stomach that we're dealing with another tragedy again, and one so difficult to combat against.

jelly

I don't get it. What is the end game in all of this ?

Their batshit crazy ideology isn't going to take over these countries. Is it some bonkers plan to make everyone hate muslims so all muslims join together and fight as one or something, that's all I can think of.

Sölf

What the fuck is going on in this world?

This can no longer take a good ending, but I just hope nothing more happens.

Hana-Bi

It's really crazy that Paris seems target no.1 for such attacks in Europe. I can't believe that such things are now happening more often and with more victims... :(

And Eagles of Death Metal did play at Bataclan? :(

Two suicide attacks strike my city yesterday and kills over 40 of my compatriots, women and children among them, it receives only a page worth of attention and the attack is labelled as an attack on a militant stronghold.

An attack by the same group on Paris attracts over 9 pages worth of following and condemnation.... Wonder what the reaction would be if Lebanese newspapers labelled the attack as an attack on a French military stronghold?

Regardless of my rant, the attacks on Beirut from yesterday and the vile justifications and gloating that followed are still fresh, my heartfelt condolences to the French people and not the government.

While I agree with you, this is not the place to start that discussion.

chadskin

Military deployed, apparently:
CTuWS_mXAAAm5ia.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/conflicts/status/665290706211205120

Silexx

I had a moment of panic because my mom is in France right now and I wasn't sure how close to Paris she was. Turns out she's in Bordeaux which is about 4 hours from Paris.

Stay strong, Paris.

How the hell will we ever rid the earth of these fucks? How? How does it not just get worse? That's what's happened so far.

How do we stop it?
There will always be crazy people. We can only together try not to let them win. Don't live in fear like they want to, continue our lives and don't give in to this scum.

Guy.brush

This goes beyond religion. This is a blood feud.

I don't think so. Religious indoctrination is the core if this all.
Sad that more and more people in western societies seem to fall back on Christianity like a corral under siege while they should do the opposite and finally leave it behind.

Tugatrix

guys with stretches running around at the scene on bataclan, at least that is what i can see on the tv channel I'm following

What the shit is ARD doing. Interviewing German football officials instead of doing some proper Journalismus. Incredible.

Edit: and now even random fans. What the hell

Walpurgis

Banned
Worrying about Islamophobia when there are countless dead and even more taken hostage seems insanely distasteful to me.
As the poster below said, most people are pretty selective in which deaths interest them. Many people are here because France is a western country and is more like their country. I'm here for that reason and because I am worried about the Islamophobia that will follow because that also affects me.

Obviously I care about people dying and I'm not saying that that doesn't matter, I'm being honest here. People die all the time. Certain stories interest different people for certain reasons.
Two suicide attacks strike my city yesterday and kills over 40 of my compatriots, women and children among them, it receives only a page worth of attention and the attack is labelled as an attack on a militant stronghold.

An attack by the same group on Paris attracts over 9 pages worth of following and condemnation.... Wonder what the reaction would be if Lebanese newspapers labelled the attack as an attack on a French military stronghold?

Regardless of my rant, the attacks on Beirut from yesterday and the vile justifications and gloating that followed are still fresh, my heartfelt condolences to the French people and not the government.

Worrying about Islamophobia when there are countless dead and even more taken hostage seems insanely distasteful to me.

Considering that Islamophobia ends up feeding into the cycle of radicalism, I can see why people would bring it up.

Just thinking about all of this makes me so angry. I hate this aspect of humanity so much.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.

Trying to find the most up-to-date news source. Is it confirmed that the perpetrators are Islamist terrorists?

Why is this happening in France? France has been good in letting in people for immigration, right?

I imagine they are unhappy with the refugees being let into the European countries. One of the concerns raised around he whole refugee thing was that the actual terrorists could slide in and circumvent the usual immigration checks and run free. It's not hard to blend in with a massive group

alatif113

Agreed. And condemning Islam without a clear understanding of who these people and what their motives are is equally distasteful.

Rush_Khan

So in an age where everything on social media is being monitored, where security in places is as tight as it's ever been, and anything suspicious is dealt with, there are still these kinds of attacks? This is just so scary. My deepest condolences to those who were killed.

Oersted

Guys, can we wait till we have a full picture before we discuss Islam/Islamophobia etc ?

This situation is still developing.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I don't get it. What is the end game in all of this ?

Their batshit crazy ideology isn't going to take over these countries. Is it some bonkers plan to make everyone hate muslims so all muslims join together and fight as one or something, that's all I can think of.

Sadly - that's exactly the ISIS plan / Al Qaeda plan. They want to restore the caliphate and turn the Middle East into basically a giant muslim version of Israel (and use the giant pile of oil to gain power in the world).

Stay safe Paris-GAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom