• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paris Terrorist Attacks, 120+ dead. Do not post hearsay/unsourced/old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Undead

How did that work for Europe with Hitler? Russia? You think that these individuals would simply stay in Iraq and Syria? No. They're eventual goal is world domination and their brand of Islam. Do you want these people controlling the oil marker? Getting WMds and Nuclear weapons? My goodness.

Well, i don't see anyone coming up with any sort of working solution for it yet and it's been how many years?

woen

Now we need to make friends with that asshole again, to fight ISIS. Man, this is such a shitty situation.

Good to know. So who are they ?

They are isolated members of Parliament (mostly right-wing and they are soled in their own parties), France official message still is "Assad is part of the problem he cannot be part of the solution". These guys only represent themselves and only support Moscow's point of view most of the time.

FFS. That is false.

Either you learn how to read or stop posting things you don't know about.

That's the ELISA test. The one common test for HIV.

I guess you know it better or refer to PCR which can test HIV positive already after two weeks but isn't a good way of proving that you don't have HIV and isn't accepted in many places.

But I guess you know it better.

Chariot

They are isolated members of Parliament (mostly right-wing and they are soled in their own parties), France official message still is "Assad is part of the problem he cannot be part of the solution".
Good. I hope they keep steady. It's probably different with all the panic right now.

Violet_0

Banned
I do think the attack going ahead yesterday was partially a response to the killing of Jihadi John.

It was obviously in the works for a while, however I personally believe his death was the catalyst that made them attack sooner.

The media certainly doesn't help by glamourising people like him.

there was an international football game and a sold-out concert going on at the same time, the time of the attack was most likely planned and nothing to do with Jihadi Jon

But even if they don't have HIV, haven't had intercourse with another man in years, show no symptoms of any other diseases that would make them ineligible to donate blood they still can't.

Only because they are gay, at a certain point that rule becomes fucking discriminatory.

There's no point in it from a preventative measure because the most preventative measures are already in place BY LAW! The only thing it's preventing is a homosexual man's blood being transfused into another person. No other reason matters.

Especially if it all comes down to risk factors then based on the WHO all heterosexual women should be denied the ability to donate blood since they make up about half of all current HIV/AIDS diagnoses.

I don't know how it in other countries but here the exclusion from donating blood only includes active homosexual men. So your example wouldn't be banned.

wRgsobW.png

https://twitter.com/google/status/665370181745577984

zon

My condolences, citizens of Paris. Part of me is skeptical about Justin Trudeau wanting to airlift 25k syrian refugees. It all seems like an elaborate plan from them to get inside a country and multiply until they can dominate, until the natives become a minority. I'm hoping he just thinks about his decision a bit more.

Hahaha 25k refugees taking over the country from 35 million canadians.

"BROWN PEOPLE ARE COMING!!!! BE SCARED!!!!!!!!!!1111"

I don't understand why really. Doesn't Al-Qaida hate western countries just as much as ISIS? Wouldn't this be in their interest? Do correct me if I'm wrong.

ISIS basically already created a Caliphate and they see other Muslim extremist as rebels that should advocate to the new Caliphate. AL Qaeda basically fights for forming a Caliphate that can be agreed by the Muslim population at large. Also that Al Qaeda faction in Syria (Al Nusra) was basically being absorbed by ISIS. This is why there was a twitter campaign by American forces saying "people wake up, don't sent military to the Syria civil war to fight for Al Qaeda" because basically Al Nusra went to fight ISIS as well.

Chaplain

Hope people don't mind an article about praying for the people of France:

Pray that the horrors of Paris Attacks will be swallowed by grace

France is shaken to its core this morning by the attacks in Paris

There is nothing rational, nothing explicable about such an event - experts are wheeled out by TV and Radio stations to offer some kind of understanding, but the truth is, there is none. A terrible violence has gripped the hearts of a small group of people, who have unleashed on total strangers the full force of their fury. Like domestic abuse on a national scale, this is neither politically nor emotionally reasoned. It is a primal violence as destructive on those who perpetrate it as on their victims.

How can we pray for the people of France today?

- We can pray that the God of all consolation - who loves France, and Syria and Iraq, with a love that can neither be counted nor measured - will by his spirit be present with all those caught up in these events. Pray for the bereaved, the wounded, the people of a city currently gripped by fear. The God you pray to is the one in whom ‘we live and move and have our being’, the one who is not far from any one of us. Pray that those gripped by trauma will know him near.

- We can pray for Francois Hollande and his team as they meet to manage a response. A State of Emergency has been declared across the nation - a huge statement of the level of their concern. Pray for wisdom, compassion and strength. There is not a leader on planet earth who does not, at such a time, reach for a strength beyond themselves. Pray that Hollande will find that his maker is there to bless and help him.

- Pray for the French Police, Army and Emergency services. The Paris services were deeply traumatised by the Charlie Hebdo shootings - still a recent wound - how much more will they be shaken by this new horror? They need our prayers. As a resident of France, I can tell you that the way French service personnel respond to a crisis such as this is extraordinary. People will be working extended hours, giving themselves beyond the call of duty to those in need. ‘Solidarité’ is a substantial value in French culture, and you can touch and taste it at such times.

- Pray for Peace. The adoption on Facebook of the new ‘peace for Paris’ symbol is beautiful. Paris remains the world’s best known and most loved tourist destination. It has also proved, in the past seventy years, that it is capable of pursuing peace and living in forgiveness. The speed with which Angela Merkel came to the side of Francois Hollande at the time of the last attack was extraordinary, and proof that peace can reign. If France and Germany can become friends after such a terrible emnity, then this new horror, too, can be swallowed by grace. Pray that it may be so.

Many years ago a book was published about the final years of the occupation of Paris in World War 2. It later became a popular film. It was called Is Paris Burning? Well today, Paris is burning: with grief, with rage, with a deep woundedness. Let’s come together as people, resident or not, who love this city, and pray for her peace and safety, and for the glory of her maker to rise like a new dawn after the darkest of nights.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
who the fuck goes to a suicide mission with their passport... Clearly attempting to get the west to turn on the refugees.

C4Lukins

Here's the thing. This is a culture war and only one side is fighting. The other side has tied one arm behind it's back while it's citizenry admonish themselves for even engaging.

This whole movement of trying to rationalize evil is very Chamberlain-esque and it's never worked before in human history. I don't know why so many people are willing to sit and say violence doesn't stop violence. Tell that to the Nazi. Tell that to the Japanese who were utterly destroying Asia in WW2.

I understand that it's asymmetrical warfare we're talking about here, but that doesn't excuse the west for sitting on its hands and hoping for the best.

I mean, we saw these people commit atrocity after atrocity and did nothing! Maybe it's time to pay attention, and admit that humanity is only going to be as civilized as its lowest people.

We have a choice: admit that there's a severe problem and act or sit back and wait for the next atrocity. But the most infuriating thing is we already know what's going to change. Nothing. And we've been getting mad at the same shit since Munich and still we refuse to admit that this is a very real war people have declared on our way of life.

My only hope is that this time will spur the world into action.

I'll probably get banned for this post and I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but Islamic extremism isn't going away so we should probably stop acting like it will.

That was an excellent post. I am not sure it leads to a logical short or longterm goal. The complexity of the situation is much more difficult then destroy all the bad folk.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
How about we just finally debunk all religion as mythology and a way ancient man used to explain the world and control people.

The people who did this are quite determined to see that Islam is not debunked as Christianity was.
Writing something like what you did would be punishable by death.

And even if Jeremy Corbyn and Bernie Sanders were elected and apologized for everything from the Crusades until today, that isn't going to change.

caleb1915

I don't know how it in other countries but here the exclusion from donating blood only includes active homosexual men. So your example wouldn't be banned.

Well it is here, are you from the U.S.? Because if not then I don't know why you debated so intensely against me about policies I already described as being in the U.S from the start.

Edit: Wait that wasn't you, my mistake.

Slaythe

What happened to the two Belgians? Debunked?

They were victims not attackers.

That being said, a link to belgium has been established.

It is likely french and belgian islamists were working hand in hand.

Police is in blackout mode because they have learned some specifics and don't want the prime suspects to know they have been identified. So we don't know anything.

Will stay like this for a while until they make progress.

coleco

who the fuck goes to a suicide mission with their passport... Clearly attempting to get the west to turn on the refugees.

It's obligatory to carry an id with you in most (all?) UE. This passport would have been the only official id of this fella in France. It's only logic he would carry it with him.

Diablos

So killing almost 3,000 innocent people on 9/11/11 is somehow justified but yesterday's attacks are not? Al Qaeda is so lame. Terrorism is terrorism.

Klyka

Banned
Islam are the 2nd biggest religion in Canada right now, so why not?

Is this like that "Muslims to overtake christians in UK by 2035" post from yesterday again where it was then cleared up that there are 1.35 million muslims in the UK, 1.50 million christians and a total population of 60million?

Zaph

It's obligatory to carry an id with you in most (all?) UE. This passport would have been the only official id of this fella in France. It's only logic he would carry it with him.
When on a suicide mission, one must always remember to follow local identification laws apparently.

caleb1915

I think the question is more why would he give a fuck about being obligatory before blowing himself up?

That's like a guy getting his wallet and phone before he hangs himself.

It doesn't make sense.

C4Lukins

Is this like that "Muslims to overtake christians in UK by 2035" post from yesterday again where it was then cleared up that there are 1.35 million muslims in the UK, 1.50 million christians and a total population of 60million?

Glad to see the Jewish populous is thriving in the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom