• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paris Terrorist Attacks, 120+ dead. Do not post hearsay/unsourced/old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kabouter

If this is Isis now hopefully an army can go in and destroy them instead of relying of incompetent armies and militias

Deploying a 'Christian' army is unlikely to make things any better in the long term though. Just give those morons another excuse to go 'OMG CRUSADERS'

Speaking of WWII, doesn't much of Europe have a bunch of undetonated warheads stuck in the ground? I think a gaffer found one in France. I don't know how common those are but I hope they don't get triggered.
Tons, they are very common, they're also hard to find unless you're doing some construction work, so not exactly dangerous in terms of terrorist use.

Joni

But it won't be effective. ISIS is a movement online and spread out. They are insane, not stupid. If you know or hear of someone becoming radicalized, please beat some sense into them.
I think at this point, if you put motivated soldiers on the ground, they won't bother taking prisoners. I'm expecting straight up executions.

Isn't there already a bunch of tension and animosity in France between the Islamic citizens and the rest of the population? These events are going to make relations that much worse with a ton of hostility if it is indeed an ISIS attack

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
HOW THE FUCK can a terrorist operation this huge slip past the intelligence?

These fucking scumbag terrorists. Picking on innocent civilians. You shameless pathetic lowlives. If you had any fucking shred of honor you would fight soldiers on battlefields. Cowards!

You don't need much to inflict terror. That's part of the problem. Very easy to stay under the radar.

These fucking scumbag terrorists. Picking on innocent civilians. You shameless pathetic lowlives. If you had any fucking shred of honor you would fight soldiers on battlefields. Cowards!

Paris has had a tons of people going to Syria and coming back, some estimates in the thousands.

Paris intelligence has been saying this was only a matter of time based on the increased radicalization of some sections of the population plus the influx of people coming back from Syria.

In terms of attackers there are probably not that many people. How do you detect a small group making these terrible plans. It's 2 bombs at the moment and maybe a few AK-47s, which can all be smuggled in.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
If this is Isis now hopefully an army can go in and destroy them instead of relying of incompetent armies and militias

That's just what these doomsday-craving lunatics want to provoke with acts like this.

orioto

Good Art™
France's President was at the stadium. Guess that means security was good and the people there are safe.

Well actually nobody is really talking about that but tonight some bombs exploded less than what.. 200m of the french president.. This is Huuugely messed up, in term of security.

Walpurgis

Banned

It will be interesting to see the story after this is all over. I think they might have just organised it the old fashioned way (no technology).
100 kids who died in pakistan got the army to get their act together and now the Taliban in pakistan are destroyed. Hopefully Europe can do the same to Isis
I hadn't heard any news after that incident. I'm glad something good came out of it!

Cuyejo

There was no support for that under the US and EU population. That might change now in Europe at least. Of course we now have the added trouble with Russia involved there, so it's a mess.

If this indeed ends up being ISIS this will become much more than a mess, an unfolding cold war scenario, acts of war against NATO/Russia, this whole thing is a boiling pot, it will get worse.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
This is terrifying because it was so well coordinated... It's like one long string of tragedies.

And the worst part is that - in the worst case scenario - the hostage situation could be terrible if things get out of hand there...

Holy fuck

kitch9

Banned

The EU has just recently opened borders to people from a warzone where there are millions who hate the west.

I'm gutted to say that I said this would happen when they first did it. I can't believe this is happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom