• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paris Terrorist Attacks, 120+ dead. Do not post hearsay/unsourced/old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypron

I just woke up and I see that... What the actual fuck, that's horrible.

I hope the situation gets under control quickly...

Cub3h

Banned
How can these sorts of gigantic coordinated attacks slip by secret services? Disgusting. Time to take the kid gloves off in the fight against ISIS (if it's them), bombing planes and now Paris all within a few weeks time.

Isn't there already a bunch of tension and animosity in France between the Islamic citizens and the rest of the population? These events are going to make relations that much worse with a ton of hostility if it is indeed an ISIS attack

That would be almost certainly the point if it were. Driving up racial tensions drives up persecution, and is then how terrorists extend their lure.

El Odio

Banned
Some friends of mine were just in Paris a few days ago for a study abroad trip. It's fucking scary to think about how they just narrowly avoid getting caught in the middle of this travesty. Fuck whoevers behind this. Jesus christ.

HOW THE FUCK can a terrorist operation this huge slip past the intelligence?

These fucking scumbag terrorists. Picking on innocent civilians. You shameless pathetic lowlives. If you had any fucking shred of honor you would fight soldiers on battlefields. Cowards!

Comment removed so people will stop quoting it. It isn't the time or place for this discussion.

raphier

Banned
how is RAID going to deal with a hostage situation of 100+?

Just go in and hope they can act fast enough and hope for the least collateral damage? They must know that they clearly have no intention of living or negotiating and the end game is death, so how is RAID going to deal with this?

They're professionals. If Spetznas can do it, they will too. First thing it to drag out the negotiations to buy some time, meanwhile they cover al ltheir bases. There are only 100 hostages, but takers even less, so it's easier for RAID.

Kathian

Banned
Seeing pics on BBC of fans congregating on the pitch; calming down now -- my concern was someone could get on to the pitch but the fans seem to be evacuating ok.

El Topo

Do yourself a favor and don't follow any live streams, such as those on Reddit. It's shocking. Alleged tweets from people inside the building, that's just too much for me.

SilentRob

Me and my brother gave our parents a weekend in paris for their anniversary, they were there just 3 weeks ago. These attacks are happening right in the middle of paris...I mean, fuck. Just imagining my parents in the city in this situation I'm getting teary-eyed. My mom would probably never leave the house again. Jesus christ, man. I feel so bad for all affected people and this shit feels closer than ever. Fuck.

Walpurgis

Banned
Make it a Muslim army then. Get Saudi Arabia off their fucking asses and DO SOMETHING
SA helped create ISIS. I don't know how they feel about killing them. :/
Now also a 7.0 earthquake in Japan. Fuck what is happening :(
Wow. I haven't left this thread in an hour. I think 7.0 is okay for Japan though?
Bloomberg reporting that the NYPD are on high alert right now
This is so well coordinated that that is certainly a possibility. I hadn't even considered it. I hope the guys in Paris are it.

bounchfx

This is absolutely fucking horrific. I hope this madness ends ASAP and we don't see any more casualties. I cant even fathom how fucked you have to be to do something like this. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom