• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paris Terrorist Attacks, 120+ dead. Do not post hearsay/unsourced/old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Into

Hopefully a wake up call to Europe as a whole.

A damn fucking shame that it has to cost 60+ innocent peoples lives.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Deploying a 'Christian' army is unlikely to make things any better in the long term though. Just give those morons another excuse to go 'OMG CRUSADERS'

I think the problem is that they've been sufficiently radicalized that even a Muslim army stepped in, they would use the subdivisions (Sunni army vs a Shia army vs Kurd army) to declare jihad.

The other, scarier part, is that I don't think Europe's going to care at all after this. The conservative parties in Europe had been warning about returning folks from Syria as well as radicalization of Muslims in Europe - and Paris specifically had been a hotbed. With this happening...oh boy.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
For all the xenophobic fearmongers out there going on about refugees, a friendly reminder ISIS has literally thousands of fighters who are EU citizens with passports

Kuldar

Speaking of WWII, doesn't much of Europe have a bunch of undetonated warheads stuck in the ground? I think a gaffer found one in France. I don't know how common those are but I hope they don't get triggered.
Paris was never bombed during WWII.

Machina

Banned
Then it's just the age old Sunni vs Shiite conflict.

So? If they want to kill each other then that's up to them, at least the destruction of ISIS takes the pressure off the west. As I said earlier, this is all about a blood feud, and if they are stupid enough to want to die for that then let them.

Fucking inhuman pieces of shit.

I feel sorry for all the people affected by this. It's so pointless and useless.

Refugees that truly need help are going to get fucked if any truth about this being tied to the on going struggle in Syria.

besada

Banned
Hey, if some jerk posts something appallingly stupid, don't quote him fifteen billion times. We're here, we'll take care of it. Just route around the fuckery, folks.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
It's possible a few false reports will trickle in, but the scope of this attack is insane.

It's probably designed to look as scary as possible. And it is scary. But it's probably 'just' a handful of scum with a few weapons who are doing this. Hope the police or citizens can take them down quickly.

RiZ III

So? If they want to kill each other then that's up to them, at least the destruction of ISIS takes the pressure off the west. As I said earlier, this is all about a blood feud, and if they are stupid enough to want to die for that then let them.

Arab nations are already involved with bombing ISIS.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
I think that ship has sailed already. Just go in. How much worse than Isis can it be

I'd imagine Russia's presence in the region (with some aid from Iran, not to mention I suspect they have China's tacit support) would be the biggest problem in sending a military force from the West to confront ISIS.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It's fictional, but this takes me back to the scene in Modern Warfare 3 on the streets of London. It's awful, all those people lost their lives for nothing.

SenkiDala

What does it say?

He's still in bataclan severly injured. He ask to give the assault (sorry for my translation), there are survivors inside but they are killing everybody one by one, he is at the 1st floor.

And the 2nd image he says "alive, a carnage, dead bodies everywhere.

Joni

I'd imagine Russia's presence in the region (with some aid from Iran, not to mention I suspect they have China's tacit support) would be the biggest problem in sending a military force from the West to confront ISIS.

France IIRC keeps good relationships with Russia.

f@luS

More than a member.
My sister was in an underground concert near republic. No news since 15m. 15m I'll take my moto to scout around. Fuck

Cybit

FGC Waterboy

...if this is traced back to ISIS - the West is going to give Putin full go ahead to do whatever he wants in Syria, and Putin will happily take all the blood on his hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom