• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paris Terrorist Attacks, 120+ dead. Do not post hearsay/unsourced/old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alx

Yeah BFM TV doesn't mention the suicide explosion any more. Such a shit news channel...
(although iTele says the same apparently)

raphier

Banned
Yeah, one apparently a woman with a suicide belt that didn't blow it. Which could be very huge for intelligence, if she had second thoughts.

Why would it be huge for intelligence? she's not an officer of some sort. She wears vest because she's a suicide bomber, the least person to know all.

Flashbangs always get mistaken for explosions by reporters in these things, assuming when we heard all that it was the forces going in.

Edit: maybe not :(

zsynqx

From Sky News stream

3 fatalities confirmed.

A passer by, a suspect shot by sniper and a female detonating a suicide belt.

raphier

Banned
And now they are saying that she DID detonate the belt. Ugh. I hate early reporting.

I was saying that if she had second thoughts she might be more willing to talk than others. But if she did actually blow it up, then that's all moot.

I hardly doubt radicalized people like her would have second thoughts.There's always a chance it doesn't detonate, because somebody messed up the wiring.

A female? Isn't ISIS awfully repressive against women..?

ISIS is not a bunch of virgins if that's what you think. Repressive as in training them to be suicide bombers and slaves.

While the news is still developing, this is certainly new thread worthy.

I am shocked they tracked people down this quickly - and if the reports are true, even more shocked they took some alive. But if that is true, it's a huge victory.

It's a shame to hear a passerby was among the three fatalities tonight.

Stefan de Vries ‏@stefandevries 29s30 seconds ago
Saint-Denis: 1 terrorist killed by police, 1 suicide bomber blew herself up, one terrorist still in an appartment

yeah Sky again has repeated the suicide bomber thing ..wow this is crazy

edit -Cnn bringing out Christian Amanpour to anchor now

Foffy

Banned
ISIS is not a bunch of virgins if that's what you think. Repressive as in training them to be suicide bombers and slaves.

I meant their social attitudes to women. Secondary humans and all of that.

I'm quite surprised such shitbrained perspectives as is would also tend to somehow empower women. How are they backwards, yet "forwards" in that sense?

But I guess that speaks more to their desperation; they need any hand that comes their way. Small in numbers, but large in action.

Anfony O

Apparently a threat has been issued to a government buidling here in Sydney. Just reported on 9 news. Police all over the place

MIMIC

Banned
MSNBC (citing Canal Plus, and is also interviewing a reporter on the ground) says that there is no confirmation that the mastermind Abdelhamid Abaaoud was in the building

I meant their social attitudes to women. Secondary humans and all of that.

I'm quite surprised such shitbrained perspectives as is would also tend to somehow empower women. How are they backwards, yet "forwards" in that sense?

But I guess that speaks more to their desperation; they need any hand that comes their way. Small in numbers, but large in action.
I doubt blowing yourself up is all that empowering, these people are religious fanatics.

leroidys

While the news is still developing, this is certainly new thread worthy.

I am shocked they tracked people down this quickly - and if the reports are true, even more shocked they took some alive. But if that is true, it's a huge victory.

It's a shame to hear a passerby was among the three fatalities tonight.

It probably means they were already watching them to some extent.

Also interested to know how the terrorists went from the scenes on Friday to this apartment near the stadium itself. Got there on foot? Disguised themselves?

So fucked up. They didn't flee at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom