• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paris Terrorist Attacks, 120+ dead. Do not post hearsay/unsourced/old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

raphier

Banned
I meant their social attitudes to women. Secondary humans and all of that.

I'm quite surprised such shitbrained perspectives as is would also tend to somehow empower women. How are they backwards, yet "forwards" in that sense?

But I guess that speaks more to their desperation; they need any hand that comes their way. Small in numbers, but large in action.

believe me or not, but a lot of western women with muslim boyfriends convert to islam, fully understanding the nature of it.

Alx

I am desperately interested to hear the story of how the intelligence led them to this apartment.

France2 : They found a cell phone in a trash can near the place of the Friday attacks, with map of the Bataclan on it and a "let's go" text on it. They used it to trace back the location of today's raid.

iidesuyo

I am desperately interested to hear the story of how the intelligence led them to this apartment.

I doubt they will tell it. There was a bomb threat yesterday in Germany, in a football game Germany vs. Netherlands, and the authorities refused to tell where they got the info from to keep the informers save. Makes sense.

I doubt they will tell it. There was a bomb threat yesterday in Germany, in a football game Germany vs. Netherlands, and the authorities refused to tell where they got the info from to keep the informers save. Makes sense.

If this were America there would have been a press conference where they were divulging the details fo the intelligence before they had even had a chance to act on it. Blows my mind how quick we are to just go out and spill the beans on all of our intelligence because the general public feels they have a right to know every single thing.

KHarvey16

If this were America there would have been a press conference where they were divulging the details fo the intelligence before they had even had a chance to act on it. Blows my mind how quick we are to just go out and spill the beans on all of our intelligence because the general public feels they have a right to know every single thing.

What are you talking about? Cite one example.

If that's the case it would be more about an adminstration wanting to brag, a smart administration would keep the details to a minimum, you can't prosecute a war on terrorism without protecting your intelligence.

Lol what

What? My BS meter is going off the charts.

Foffy

Banned
I doubt blowing yourself up is all that empowering, these people are religious fanatics.

I do not mean as something sincere, but the result of conditioning. To beguile someone that they're standing for a great cause.

They're fighting for their idea of paradise, and play that game so seriously they blow themselves up for it. They have very clearly been empowered by the ideas it holds; it's why their beliefs drive their behavior.

MIMIC

Banned
Isn't he supposed to be in Syria?

No idea. But CNN's Christine Amanpour is saying that it was rumored that he was recognized on surveillance camera as being one of the passengers in one of the vehicles being driven by the terrorists on Friday. Nonetheless, he was a target during the raid.

EDIT: He had apparently visited Syria a year or so ago

(wasn't paying attention -- they either said "a year ago" or "more than a year ago")

apparently the woman who blew herself, was "asking" for mercy and raised her hands. RAID ( French Urban SWAT) did not trust her and and asked her to keep her hands in the air. Then shots followed and then she blew herself up. ( source BFMTV - Witness)

apparently the woman who blew herself, was "asking" for mercy and raised her hands. RAID ( French Urban SWAT) did not trust her and and asked her to keep her hands in the air. Then shots followed and then she blew herself up. ( source BFMTV - Witness)

Ugh, sounds like she was trying to draw them in tbh.

SamPaaji

Neo Member

asking for mercy with a suicide vest on.... lol

raphier

Banned

Common tactic in afghanistan I hear. They even used to walk with children close to the soldiers and then ka-boom

I wonder had they popped her in the head they could have dropped her without the vest going off.

So, that first intervention led them to a second site in Saint Denis? Le Monde reports there are/were two raids going on in Saint Denis, one resulting from the other.

Shocking that Saint Denis is just a 10 drive from Stade de France
Technically, Stade de France is in Saint Denis, which is a town on the outskirts of Paris.

Some guy from the Guardian, on the news here, said that that suburb/area was well known for having issues related to terrorism.
Hopefully all the dead are those ISIS scum devil worshippers.

azyless

Can you imagine living in the apartment building that this is going down in? Jesus that would be scary. Bullets flying all over the place.
First thing in the morning too. I'd have a heart attack if I was suddenly woken up by grenades going off in my neighbourhood.

Ullus

any idea who those people with orange tags/armbands are?

2015-11-1808591003rc5.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom