• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paris Terrorist Attacks, 120+ dead. Do not post hearsay/unsourced/old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulsemyne

Still inside a bar somewhat near the bataclan, updating from my phone. We're calmly staying in just in case, waiting for updates and the all clear that everything is good. Apparently a friend was at the show but is fine.

Stay safe dude. All of GAF is with you and Paris tonight.

Lucifon

No she wrote me a small concert and they re closing down. Was 20m ago. I hope phone lines are just busy ...
I'm sure things are just pretty hectic across the whole of Paris right now. Phone lines will indeed be going crazy.

Hope you can get in touch with her!

Still inside a bar somewhat near the bataclan, updating from my phone. We're calmly staying in just in case, waiting for updates and the all clear that everything is good. Apparently a friend was at the show but is fine.

Hope the all clear comes soon so you can go home and get some well deserved rest. Stay safe.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Is there perhaps a basement or attic you can hide in?

CNN just reported there are hostages posting on social media, begging authorities to raid the theater because the hostage takers are "slaughtering them one-by-one."

God, I pray that isn't true.

Brother is in the city. Doesn't speak French and he's trying to travel back to his place. I'm trying to tell him to ask anyone to let him stay with them until things die down. He needs to not be traveling around.

Give me some French he can say to someone asking can I please stay in your home?

@Tim_Burgess: If you’re in Paris and need shelter, look up the #PorteOuverte hashtag. People are offering shelter to those needing help

It is crazy to realize I was standing at those spots two months ago with my girlfriend when we went on a holiday for 4 days in Paris.

It is tough realizing that some places will probably never be the same. People who lost loved one's here and there. Crazy.

Osahi

Brother is in the city. Doesn't speak French and he's trying to travel back to his place. I'm trying to tell him to ask anyone to let him stay with them until things die down. He needs to not be traveling around.

Give me some French he can say to someone asking can I please stay in your home?

C'est possible de rester chez vous svp?

SwolBro

Banned
Why don't people bum rush these mother fuckers? this is what you have to do. haven't we learned anything?

this is such a huge problem. it's time to retire religion all together. that's my view at least.

IGNORE THE EIFFEL TOWER BULLSHIT

it's some stupid fucking social media false report about the eiffel tower collapsing

the fact that someone would even try to bring that up in this thread is baffling and appalling

Aidez moi

Laisser moi entrer s'il vous plait

Help should be good normally.

I hope everything turns out ok for your brother.

Boogie

This is also my question all the time. When there is one shooter it can slip under the radar, but how can these well organised attacked go under the radar. What use is for those big budgets for the different secret services from different countries if not for situations like this?

Simple, all the terrorists need to do is use some of the unbreakable encryption technology without any backdoor access for law enforcement that GAF is always championing..... :p

places of worship likely would be open to anyone who needs shelter

Hoo-doo

Banned

French people usually speak english just fine. He'll be able to communicate no problem.

Moofers

Use google translate for something basic like

I dont speak french/im a visitor please help me and let me stay in your home?

kirblar

https://twitter.com/ThomasNigro
Thomas Nigro ‏@ThomasNigro 40m40 minutes ago

Hey tourists in #Paris if you need help or some place to sleep around Jussieu 5th arrondissement, my door is open. #PorteOuverte #OpenDoor
7ckngMad ‏@7ckngMadDOTA 13m13 minutes ago

if you are outside in paris check the #porteouverte thread to find a fast shelter
Twitter is probably his best option.

SkylineRKR

Why don't people bum rush these mother fuckers? this is what you have to do. haven't we learned anything?

this is such a huge problem. it's time to retire religion all together. that's my view at least.

If you retire religion, i'm sure man will find another excuse for bloodshed. Mankind is flawed.

Cappa

Banned

IMPORTANT if you are outside in paris Check #porteouverte on twitter. We open our doors to people in need of safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom