• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paris Terrorist Attacks, 120+ dead. Do not post hearsay/unsourced/old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
HOW THE FUCK can a terrorist operation this huge slip past the intelligence?

These fucking scumbag terrorists. Picking on innocent civilians. You shameless pathetic lowlives. If you had any fucking shred of honor you would fight soldiers on battlefields. Cowards!

This is also my question all the time. When there is one shooter it can slip under the radar, but how can these well organised attacked go under the radar. What use is for those big budgets for the different secret services from different countries if not for situations like this? It's nice that allied country are intercepting each other's leaders though, much better use of money.

Poor Paris..

kitch9

Banned
CHEEZMO™;185386775 said:
For all the xenophobic fearmongers out there going on about refugees, a friendly reminder ISIS has literally thousands of fighters who are EU citizens with passports

They'll save those guys for their valuable work. Why would you use your legit guys as cannon fodder for this kind of stuff where death of the operatives is guaranteed?

Moff

I don't get it. What is the end game in all of this ?

Their batshit crazy ideology isn't going to take over these countries. Is it some bonkers plan to make everyone hate muslims so all muslims join together and fight as one or something, that's all I can think of.

yes, that's exactly what they want. they do not want the west and muslims to live together in peace. they want the west to hate muslims and muslims to hate them back in return. that's the point of this terror. we do nothing? they win. we attack muslims? they win. we destabilize countries that support them? they use the chaos to gain power and win.

tass0

Banned
For fuck's sake, I wish I could say I was surprised... this is all too common.

We all know why, it's our own fault. Great job, Europe.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I am deeply saddened by this. My thoughts go out to everyone affected.

Cuyejo

...if this is traced back to ISIS - the West is going to give Putin full go ahead to do whatever he wants in Syria, and Putin will happily take all the blood on his hands.

I don't think that will ever happen, there's a proxy war going on there if you haven't noticed.

RangerX

Banned
Apparently the attackers at the concert were shouting "This is for Syria". This ideology is going to take decades to defeat. It is the ideas that have to be stamped out. Isis want the west to react and put boots on the ground. It will create more terrorists.

Isn't there already a bunch of tension and animosity in France between the Islamic citizens and the rest of the population? These events are going to make relations that much worse with a ton of hostility if it is indeed an ISIS attack

Not really. There some racism, but it's at a level similar to what you'd find in every other first-world country. Racists keep their view among themselves, and receive immediate punishement if they get exposed to the public.

I pray for the hostages,and I hope to hell that this massacre won't have a signifiant long-term impact on our politics. It would be conceding victory to the murderers.

f@luS

More than a member.
Any idea if it was at the Bataclan? Apparently a heavy metal band playing there I heard.

Keep us updated dude.
No she wrote me a small concert and they re closing down. Was 20m ago. I hope phone lines are just busy ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom