• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paris Terrorist Attacks, 120+ dead. Do not post hearsay/unsourced/old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ooccoo

Brother is in the city. Doesn't speak French and he's trying to travel back to his place. I'm trying to tell him to ask anyone to let him stay with them until things die down. He needs to not be traveling around.

Give me some French he can say to someone asking can I please stay in your home?

Je dois rester ici, c'est une question de vie ou de mort.

f@luS

More than a member.
"Salle fermée par sécurité. Ok pour le moment, et service secu au taquet "

Safe and sound for now ... I'm relieved. Fuck this

Why don't people bum rush these mother fuckers? this is what you have to do. haven't we learned anything?

this is such a huge problem. it's time to retire religion all together. that's my view at least.
Because that is a damn scary thing to do. Running into a guy firing a AK-47 is not something you'll probably survive. I can't blame anyone for not doing that.

dc89

This cant be true. There are always armed guards at the Eiffel Tower. Military.

Yeah, last time I was in Paris this area was crawling with army personnel armed with FAMAS assault rifles and pistols. Heavily guarded indeed.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yeah, not seeing anything else on Eiffel thankfully.

We've hit the stage of crazy rumors, like the 8 planes in the air back on 9/11.

Mikey Jr.

Why don't people bum rush these mother fuckers? this is what you have to do. haven't we learned anything?

this is such a huge problem. it's time to retire religion all together. that's my view at least.

Retire religion? The fuck does that mean?

"Ok, guys! No more religion for you! We're retiring it!"

Guy.brush

You can't watch everyone and if you aren't do anything dodgy through communications that can be tracked or doing everything face to face, I don't blame them for not finding these people. Sometimes you just can't stop evil unfortunately. It's a balance between security and freedom and unless they stick cameras, microphones, trackers etc. under our skin, it's not going to change. You have to fight it other ways along with security.

Hope the hostages get out of this alive.

Gut feeling would be that intelligence services of Western nations probably use the majority of their resources to do economic espionage and spying on other nations services/leaders or even to check up on the pulse of the own populace to anticipate mass movements.
I really doubt western services spend even 25% of their resources on terrorist threats.

Putosaure

I left the restaurant I was dining in to get back home ASAP.

My cousin delivers some food in the area, he had to pick an order from the restaurant where the shooting occured. Glad he didn't get it.

Cyd0nia

Banned
It is the ideas that have to be stamped out. Isis want the west to react and put boots on the ground. It will create more terrorists.

I understand grievances tied to foreign lands but citizens of france and the UK are so far removed and enjoying so much of our domestic comforts that I find their claims - "this is for Syria" and the like to be totally bollocks. Usually, when these people are apprehended or killed, the same picture emerges. Economically poor, mentally inadequate, selfish individuals who were happy until they weren't and then decided to kill a bunch of innocent people. It's not acceptable and places like France and the UK have hitherto been too soft in response.

We can stamp out these particular "ideas" by making it inconvenient to have them and killing people who act on them. If it creates more terrorists, we kill them too. This kind of social and cultural retardation needs cleansing from the global gene pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom